Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.
Bowser - 2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon - 2 (1.9%)
Charizard - 0 (0%)
Diddy Kong - 4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong - 0 (0%)
Falco - 1 (0.9%)
Fox - 0 (0%)
Ice Climbers - 2 (1.9%)
Ike - 2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur - 8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.) - 6 (5.6%)
Kirby - 0 (0%)
Lucario - 5 (4.6%)
Lucas - 1 (0.9%)
Mario - 3 (2.8%)
Marth - 1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight - 1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch - 5 (4.6%)
Ness - 3 (2.8%)
Olimar - 18 (16.7%)
Pikachu - 1 (0.9%)
Pit - 9 (8.3%)
R.O.B. - 5 (4.6%)
Samus - 1 (0.9%)
Snake - 2 (1.9%)
Sonic - 1 (0.9%)
Squirtle - 1 (0.9%)
Wario - 1 (0.9%)
Wolf - 13 (12%)
Yoshi - 3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus - 3 (2.8%)
King Dedede - 4 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 107

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10
Author Topic: Project Wolf Link  (Read 100373 times)
123123sora
Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 08:02:50 PM »

the model was imported from twilight princess and ported to link and was rigged over ivysaur

i didnt release it on the vault because it isnt done. and you could just check my vault. duh. and it is a "perfect import." the model was rigged over ivysaur with edited bones to support midna, the tail, the jaw, etc. then i ported the model to link and edited the bone data in the fitlink.pac to work with the model

after reading all your posts here (which was difficult to do) i have concluded you dont know what you are doing

How come you have to have such a unnecessarily snobby attitude about this? He already said he's just trying to figure stuff out :U

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »

How come you have to have such a unnecessarily snobby attitude about this? He already said he's just trying to figure stuff out :U

because of the way he acts/treats others.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

123123sora
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 08:30:44 PM »

Really?? He seems ok to me from what I've seen

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »

I apologize if I came off as rude or anything like that. I just get frustrated when people don't listen to me, and anger is not what I meant by what I said. Also, I did a 'Strikethrough' on this post, to show that I am sorry, as this post was also kind of rude.
    ?
    The closest I saw was white text, with some underlined words to get my point across! So harsh! You do realize that I didn't mean that as flaming or anything, and was simply putting it in bold for clarification purposes so that Leon would understand, right? Hence the reason I wrote, directly afterwards,

P.S. Sorry for the long post; I just wanted to get my point across how import the ability to import with Blender and NOT 3DS Max or Maya or anything else that's student-free or pay-to-get is to me, and others.

This is just very important to me to learn how to import models with programs that I can actually get, so I just wanted him to know that. That's all. I wasn't yelling or anything. I'm sure Leon even knew that, probably.

P.S. @Onii-Chan: I take it you must've read some of my earlier kc-mm posts instead of my later ones; ones where I was a jerk instead of the ones where I apologized, etc.

So I imported Brawl's rigging of the BodyA polygon into Blender, attempted to apply the texture and it failed miserably, and then exported it into BrawlBox v 0.69b. I'll test it as soon as I have access to a Wii, and then since this one's rigged with envelopes and properly rigged, as well as that I used the version of BrawlBox from this tutorial and the proper settings, as well as that it's one polygon and not 2 Ctrl+J'ed to 1, in addition to it influencing more than one bone, hopefully it will work. If not, I'll check the BrawlBox settings like I said I would, and make them as equal as possible. If it still doesn't work, I'll try looking at the files in Notepad, and if it still doesn't work after that, I'm not gonna give up on this, but I will facepalm myself multiple times. Mario Facepalm

Post Merge: June 14, 2015, 08:19:00 PM
    Btw, please read the above paragraph completely. The fact that "gonna give up" starts the bottom(And most-visible) line is just coincidence; context.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:19:00 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 11:04:01 PM »

I can test on a Wii, if you need it. I have way too much free time !)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 02:32:46 AM »

Sure, though I won't need testers except for maybe the PSA. It's mostly help I'll need.

Post Merge: June 18, 2015, 02:33:30 AM
    Btw, gonna post progress in the next couple days or so. Almost figured it out. Cheesy

Post Merge: June 18, 2015, 02:36:28 AM
    And by that, I mean that I successfully managed to get a rigged model into Brawl, without freezing Grin , but I'm having to fix the issue of the model exploding Sad , but I have an idea, I just imported it, and I'm going to test it as soon as I can. Wink (Most likely Friday); btw, I'll test it; I don't feel like uploading it...
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:36:28 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 06:11:53 AM »

Important project update!!![/u] I successfully created my first import, though crummy as it may be! Cheesy I also was testing whether or not this method of importing would work for envelopes or not, and I got this when I imported Link's BodyA polygon with Brawl's rigging, as an export from BRRES Viewer but with everything rotated 90 degrees. So it doesn't work to do envelopes with this method of mine, it seems. However, if someone would like to test it, by all means. Smiley

In-Game Preview(Note: Before uploading it, I removed her other objects so that Suzanne's only left with the Master Sword, and I also changed the textures to a single color so she doesn't look glitchy):

Download(Feel free to do whatever with it, as I was only testing importing with it.): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ikjm6aj8ar4g01z/Suzanne.zip

So now that I figured out how to import with Blender, and what exact rotation and scale is needed, step number 1 of "List of stuff to do" is completed, so I am now going to move onto the next step:
    2) Extract Wolf Link and import the model and textures into Blender

Post Merge: June 20, 2015, 06:15:26 AM
    P.S. The model was untextured and un-UVed, which is why it looks weird.

Also, I apologize for the Master Sword looking weird; I accidentally vertexed it when previewing the model to make sure the import was correctly rotated, and I was too lazy to change it back.

And I didn't get previews of the new Suzanne because I didn't really see a point to it, and I don't feel like getting the snapshot either.
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:15:26 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

Martyr
    Expert Kitten

What you do with life determines who you are.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »

DUDE, I had this exact same idea in mind. Except just a re-skin, not a full PSA. I really don't like the Wolf and Lucario skins on the vault. It's not proper at all.

I think it would work best over Ivysaur, as he walks around on 4 legs in a very similar manner to Wolf Link and it's very natural. ( I already voted for him on the poll.) Why port it over Link? If we don't, we could decide who is the stronger Link, human form of beast form. That is a battle I would pay to see.

I like your idea of having just the Fused Shadows on the back replacing the bulb. The bulb doesn't have it's own animations, so if you put Midna on the back, she would just be there frozen, and it wouldn't feel right.

Making a unique Wolf Link PSA? You would have to do an insane amount of your own animations(I can't really think of too many attacks you could get out of TP animations. Walk, Run, Grab, Three hit-jab combo, MAYBE Up-B... That's all I can think of.)  and unless if you have a pro animator on your side, it will be very hard to look... natural. They will look clunky without a large amount of revising. (Not trying to get you to quit your own project. I'm just stating the facts.)

I am working on my own PSA right now, and if I were to get that done, I would love to help you out. Hell, even if you just do a re-skin, I would give that a download and share it with my peeps.

I knew of a Zelda-themed project that would have loved to help you, but sadly, that project is retired. I can see if any of those guys would be willing to help.
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:28:01 AM by Martyr » Logged

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

GG on the import !)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

I think it would work best over Ivysaur, as he walks around on 4 legs in a very similar manner to Wolf Link and it's very natural. ( I already voted for him on the poll.) Who port it over Link? We can show who is better. The human form, or the beast form. THAT is a battle I would pay to see.

I had already planned on not rigging him over Ivysaur, since he had only one vote(As opposed to the 4/5 that Bowser/Yoshi had) at the time that I took the poll off, but sure, I'll keep the idea of him over Ivysaur and do that one, since you asked for it in the topic. Wink I'm a little confused about what you mean by the other half of your paragraph there though, and I apologize if I don't comprehend it. Tongue

I like your idea of having just the Fused Shadows on the back replacing the bulb. The bulb doesn't have it's own animations, so if you put Midna on the back, she would just be there frozen, and it wouldn't feel right.

Well, actually, I am going to have Midna on Wolf Link's back for that, and am going to rig Midna's face over Ivysaur's, and Wolf Link will have the same effect; Midna, however, will be rigged as part of Ivysaur's back instead of the plant.(Though her expressions, etc. will be rigged to the proper stuff) If you want, though, you can always vertex Midna off of Wolf Link's back and vertex the Fused Shadow to however you want them positioned. In fact, when I'm finished with the import(But before the PSA), I'll make a tutorial on how to import characters & import additional models(accessories and such), if you wanted to even import something additional.

Making a unique Wolf Link PSA? You would have to do an insane amount of your own animations(I can't really think of too many attacks you could get out of TP animations. Walk, Run, Grab, Three hit-jab combo, MAYBE Up-B... That's all I can think of.)  and unless if you have a pro animator on your side, it will be very hard to look... natural. They will look clunky without a large amount of revising. (Not trying to get you to quit your own project. I'm just stating the facts.)

I'm going to do the PSA, and yes, it may be difficult, but most of the animations will just be copied from other characters, so he won't need heavy animations; just simple animations, like, for example,"Aerial Up-A: Midna's orange hand punches upwardly".

I am working on my own PSA right now, and if I were to get that done, I would love to help you out. Hell, even if you just do a re-skin, I would give that a download and share it with my peeps.

Glad you're offering to help, and I could use all the help I could get with the PSA, but mostly what I'll need is tutorials on how to swap GFX and animations and stuff. Also glad you're looking forward to Wolf Link. Cheesy

GG on the import !)

Thank you! Grin

Post Merge: June 22, 2015, 07:08:39 PM
    I need help, please! Before I import the model and apply textures and stuff, I need to figure out why common texture references are not importing properly into BrawlBox. Here's the link to the topic for more info on my problem: forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74498
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:08:40 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:41 AM »

Nvm, figured it out myself:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74498

Post Merge: June 24, 2015, 08:36:50 AM
    Onward to victory! Grin

i.e. Preparing the Wolf Link model.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:36:50 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

123123sora
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 10:56:35 AM »

How do you import with blender??? o_O

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »

I'll say the details of how when I make the tutorial, but for now I'll simply say(long story short; it's simple to do, just takes a lot of steps) that you use Vertex Groups, a rotated-90 degree export of the model(to use the bones) from Brres Viewer, export as .fbx, use Autodesk FBX Converter to convert to .dae then .fbx(2010) then .dae again, then import into BrawlBox .76, Replacing the character, with specific settings, exporting the model as .mdl0, and then importing into BrawlBox .71 with "Add New Object" or whatever it's called, and make sure to leave the checkbox for merging unchecked, but make sure to select "Merge" in the dropdown, and finally, export materials used by the character and Replace the materials of the imported model with those materials(In order to have a textured model), and then delete the original character's polygons, etc.

I take it you're interested in learning how to import with Blender, too, then? Grin

P.S. Remember to have normals smoothed before exporting and to apply rotation, translation, and scaling, and to have all vertices rigged. But when you do this, it will have perfect shading, etc.(No need to copy shading from any original Brawl fighter); it doesn't cover advanced things, though, like cel-shading or metal(Though I have an idea of how to do the metal, now that I looked up a link to a tutorial on it; haven't worked on it, yet, though), but it does cover things like Ref's, FS eyes, hurt faces, etc.

Post Merge: June 28, 2015, 11:14:46 AM
    Also, I figured out how to do the texturing after importing my custom model made in Blender, but I didn't think it was worth it to upload a Daedric Longsword from Morrowind that is rotated oddly.(BrawlBox rotated it like 3 times just because I saved it in .76; weird, though when I opened it in .69 or so it didn't rotate it again after saving; I think it only did that because it was a single object or something)
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:14:46 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

Sharky
    Mega Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 01:03:09 AM »

I don't have auto desk Sad

All I wanted to do is modify the vertices on an already existing character, but it just blows up.
    Tried every file type, and tried modifying every part of the model file.

Tricky stuff.

Coffee fueled gearhead.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 08:55:45 AM »

Autodesk FBX Converter is a free non-trial program that is not a plugin for Autodesk. And it's non-piracy, either.

Also, they cannot be modifications of the already-enveloped imports from the PSK, as when I tried that, it blew up. That's why yours is blowing up, I'm guessing. I dunno if it is that way for all envelope weights, but it is the case for the imported weights; you have to re-rig the object you're importing from scratch(Using vertex weights; I would recommend combining it with Automatic Weights so that it's faster), and then import it.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10
    Print
    Jump to: