Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M: How do I add Dark/False textures to each character?  (Read 4260 times)
Evil Trapezium
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 27, 2015, 05:27:05 AM »

I've just made an account just to tell you my problem.

I have this idea for Project M where characters who made it into Smash 4 leave a residue that creates Dark/False versions of themselves, leaving them no other intentions than fighting. The few that didn't make into Smash 4 (Wolf, Snake, Ice Climbers, Squirtle and Ivysaur) are left to fend for themselves against these dark/false characters and try to find a way out of Project M to get into Smash 4. Young Link and Pichu would be in this too but I have yet to find an actual good Young Link that plays exactly like he did in Melee but that's not my problem right now.

The problem is that I want to make a texture pack where it includes Dark/False shaders for all of the characters in Project M that made it into Smash 4 but I have no clue how to correctly add the shaders for each character to give them the Dark look you get when you fight them in the Subspace Emissary's Great Maze. Trust me, I have tried and failed.

A tutorial to edit the shaders for each character would be great if that's possible. Thank you very much.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 07:35:02 AM »

Did you try just renaming the "FitCharacterNameFake/Dark.pac/.pcs" to the respective character's "FitCharacterName00.pac/.pcs"?

Also, the shadow characters have nothing to do with shaders; it's actually in the materials, as it uses an "Edge" texture.

In the spoiler here is how to turn any import or vertex into having the dark/false effect:

1) Export a common material from any of the FitCharacterNameFake/Dark.pac's/pcs's(For
                  example, FitLinkDark.pac, his FitLink_BodyA material)
    2) Export a common material that supports alpha from any of the same files(For example,
                  the EyeYellow materials support this)
    3) Import the common material onto all non-alpha polygons, and the alpha-supporting
                  material onto all alpha polygons; then after clicking the plus sign of the material,
                  make sure that "Texture" in the ones that don't say "edge" or "edge2" reads the
                  name of what it said before-hand. Also make sure that "edge" and "edge2" have
                  "edge" and "edge2" as what's listed where "Texture" is, respectively. If it doesn't
                  auto-select it, then it won't be in the list, so click and then drag-click to the left
                  where the Texture box is, and type in the proper name
    4) Export the "edge" and "edge2" textures
    5) In the TextureData[0] BRRES, right-click and say "Import"->"Texture" and import each
                  texture; make sure that "edge" is imported as RGB565 and "edge2" is imported
                  as I8
    6) Ta-Dah! You now have the import/vertex as an SSE False character.

Note: You can change the purplish part of "edge" to change the color of the standard SSE
    False character to be another color; for example, you could change it to be a
    green-effect on the characters.

Evil Trapezium
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »

Thanks dude. I'll try this out.

In the Project M files, only Mario and Yoshi had the dark skins. No one else had them. That's why I made this post.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:24:43 PM by Evil Trapezium » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:43:24 PM »

No problem! Smiley

Also, the other characters still have their dark skins; PM doesn't overwrite them; just go to their folders in the "Data Partition 2" of kc-mm's "Resources".

Evil Trapezium
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 07:00:11 AM »

Oh... I probably should have checked there then... Whoops...

I checked it and it looks like I'm going to have the time of my life downloading all the pac's and pcs's one by one but I think the fact you told me about the resources is enough for me to put up with it.

Thanks for all your help!  Smiley
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:05:13 AM by Evil Trapezium » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 08:50:56 AM »

You don't have to download them one by one; you can save them to your Google Drive by clicking the button that I think is at the upper-right, and then with Drive you can download entire folders in a single click.

Also, you're quite welcome! Smiley
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:55:54 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: