Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Re: Program's OCD Texture Workshop Nurse Peach 8/22/2015)  (Read 47555 times)
123123sora
Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: June 28, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »

Also, can anyone explain this. Peach's golf "hilt"? and head both use textures from melee. That doesn't sound that weird until you do research and realize they both are unused textures in melee left in Plum's trophy.
    Peach's Brawl texture
    Melee Plum texture

That looks like some sort of gun to me... weird.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: June 28, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »

No it's not just a spec map it works a little bit differently. If you collab me you can use whatever you want, however, I'd really love to make some textures that look more like the actual artwork for you if want them. Also, oddly enough I'm working on a Mario myself based on the 80's cartoon. It's just a Brawlbox edit but I think it'll be pretty funny when it's done.

Loving that Mario, also loved the cartoon. lol
    Anyways, for Artwork Mario, there isn't much to go on since he doesn't have any detail.

I do see that my eye texture needs a little tweaking, but other than that, I don't see what else to do with the texture besides giving them lots of detail, or no detail. Since he still uses Brawl Mario's texture mapping, his textures can be replaced with ease.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: June 29, 2015, 10:41:12 AM »

Loving that Mario, also loved the cartoon. lol
    Anyways, for Artwork Mario, there isn't much to go on since he doesn't have any detail.

I do see that my eye texture needs a little tweaking, but other than that, I don't see what else to do with the texture besides giving them lots of detail, or no detail. Since he still uses Brawl Mario's texture mapping, his textures can be replaced with ease.
    I was thinking something kind of like this
    Mind you I just did that last night so there are still a lot of things that need to be done. I also thought that maybe adding a spec to his shirt, shoes, hat, mustache, and pants will make him look more like the old artwork. For some reason they thought certain parts of him should be gy looking.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: July 01, 2015, 11:41:24 PM »

Update Time!    Midna's GLOW
    So with the help of a certain something already in brawl, and quite a bit of tinkering I was able to do this.
    The best part is that I didn't add any objects. The model there is the exact one you can download from the vault.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:57:59 PM by Program » Logged

Lunoz
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor Hyperactive Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: July 02, 2015, 02:10:14 AM »

I think that you should move the specmap of Peach's jewels down a bit.

The specmap on the Wii U one is like in the center, but the Brawl one is very high up.
    I really like your work though. You're only using BrawlBox, right?

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »

I think that you should move the specmap of Peach's jewels down a bit.

The specmap on the Wii U one is like in the center, but the Brawl one is very high up.
    I really like your work though. You're only using BrawlBox, right?

Yeah, I do need to fix that now that you mention it. Thanks for pointing that out! Peach's crown uses a Ref texture for the jewels so I may just make a new one from scratch.
    As to if I'm only using BrawlBox do you mean to do the texture stuff, the vertex stuff, or the shader stuff? I don't use 3dsmax so anything you see on here was either a model already on the vault or one I vertexed in BB.

Lunoz
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: July 02, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »

No problem! Yeah that was what I wondered, 3DS Max doesn't work for me for some reason so I'm doing the same.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: July 04, 2015, 11:33:52 AM »

Possibly Important?

Update Time!!! Okay, this took a lot of work but I think it's going to prove pretty useful. To my knowledge the only way to make Samus' visor glow is to make the visor a separate object and to null said objects normals. This is how the PMDT did it in 3.6. I think I've figured out how to do it without any model altering... My Samus is on the left Brawl's is on the right. The lights are added purely by shaders and materials so it can be applied to any Samus model on the vault. This may have already been accomplished, but I haven't seen it.

So, can anyone tell me if they've see someone do this before or is this something that's new? Also, do you think this will prove to be as useful as I think it will?

Lunoz
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: July 04, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

I have never seen it before. And yes it will probably be useful.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 06:13:38 PM »

I have never seen it before. And yes it will probably be useful.
    Yeah, I've never seen it before either! Just imagine every Samus model on the vault could now have lights without any model edits.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »

Extremely useful! Smiley This is gonna be on the vault, right? Grin

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: July 05, 2015, 12:20:23 AM »

Extremely useful! Smiley This is gonna be on the vault, right? Grin
    I'll be making a tutorial and be supplying the necessary resources. However, under the condition that whoever uses it has to collab me. I know callab is lame, however, I've put a lot of work into these and I still have more to do. I have to make sure I've fixed all the bugs and I haven't even looked to see if the metals work yet.

One of the main pluses to these is that I think I was able to get the blinking effect your character gets from respawning and L canceling to work with this. Also, a little project I just started.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: July 07, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »

Samus and Zero Suit Samus Released! I finally released something!

Zero Suit Samus comes with two version. One that just adds lights to the model and one that adds lights and a spec map. I like spec maps so each model has a custom spec map for its specific colour.
    Samus is nothing new since PMDT did it in 3.6, however, I can make any Samus model now glow without changing the model whatsoever. Also they all have perfect metals and are wifi safe. Please enjoy! If you find any bugs let me know.

ZSS Pack - http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209005
    Samus - http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209006

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2015, 05:58:14 PM »

Good work on using light maps properly. I didn't use them on PM Samus because the extra textures take up filespace, so I used model edits instead.

The Dry Bowser in 3.6b uses the same method you used for your Samus stuff. Good work.

However, the reflection isn't working on Samus... under the phong2 material, the SamusRef texture has its Texture Marix set to false, it needs to be set to true since the objects aren't single-bound.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »

Good work on using light maps properly. I didn't use them on PM Samus because the extra textures take up filespace, so I used model edits instead.

The Dry Bowser in 3.6b uses the same method you used for your Samus stuff. Good work.

However, the reflection isn't working on Samus... under the phong2 material, the SamusRef texture has its Texture Marix set to false, it needs to be set to true since the objects aren't single-bound.
    Dang and I thought I found all the bugs too. Thanks I don't know how that one went under my radar, I'll upload a fix ASAP. Oh, by the way, I totally understand about the file space, I just wanted to try and find a way for people who don't use 3dsmax to be able to add lights to any model. Funny thing is about a week after 3.6b came out I finally got this working (I'm new to shaders so I actually found the lighting stage in the Weavel trophy and had been working this for a decent amount of time.)

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
    Print
    Jump to: