Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Running Brawl From DVDRoot in Dolphin  (Read 2369 times)
Sporty824
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:06:18 AM »

I have been doing a lot of modding with Project M recently and want to run the game as a folder with a .dol file so I don't have to keep rebuilding the ISO. I use Dolphin if you hadn't gathered that from the title. I have already used wit to extract it and I have set the DVDRoot to the folder for the extracted ISO and the apploader to the appropriate apploader.img file. When I run the .dol a screen comes up saying "Please insert Super Smash Bros. Brawl Game Disc." I know why it does this, it has to do with a game id check and for some reason, dolphin brings up 52 53 42 45 30 31 00 00 instead of 52 53 42 45 30 31 00 01 as it should. According to the link below, there is a way around it though. Either edit the memory location or patch the dol to remove the check. After hours of searching online, I can't find how to do either way. If somebody could direct me to the patched dol or even just how to patch the dol to remove the check myself, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=6262

ASF1nk
HAX PRODIGY
Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:02:07 AM »

I've never used that Dolphin feature, but would making a code to patch that address work?

Sporty824
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 03:03:22 PM »

I would imagine making the code or that would work and then I could use pyGCTInject-master to inject the code into the dol. The problem is that I have no clue how to make codes or where to start learning to make them; I would have to have someone either teach me, show me where I can learn how to make the codes, or make the code for me. I know I'm going to have to patch the dol somehow, whether that be to remove the disc check or patching the memory address. I don't know which one would be better. If someone could either direct me as to where to learn to make codes or make the code themself that would be great.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 02:02:48 AM »

Dolphin DVDRoot Brawl Fix [ASF1nk]
    04000004 3031000X

change the X to whatever number you need. Mine didn't work set to 1 needed to be set to 2.

Weird using that code made dolphin load directly my sd.raw skipping geckoOS.

Sporty824
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »

Dolphin DVDRoot Brawl Fix [ASF1nk]
    04000004 3031000X

change the X to whatever number you need. Mine didn't work set to 1 needed to be set to 2.

Weird using that code made dolphin load directly my sd.raw skipping geckoOS.

I tried injecting the code into the dol but it didn't work. I tried the code with X being 0, 1, and 2. None of them worked. How did you get yours to work? Where did you put the code? Also, am I supposed to set DVDRoot Path to the folder with the entire extracted disc in it or just the one with the folders like effect, fighter, game, etc. in it?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: