Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Independent Icon Backgrounds (Taking Requests!)  (Read 4799 times)
TheStarThief
Advanced Kitten

All new life... Carries the essence of stars...

View Profile Awards
« on: June 21, 2015, 02:34:55 AM »

Hey guys, I recently wondered if there were a quicker way to replace the backgrounds on Character Select Icons as having to place them into photoshop and manually swap out the background was annoying. I wondered why the background wasn't separate from the Icon. So I made this modification to the CSS. What it does is make the background a separate texture that can be replaced to easily modify the CSS Icon Backgrounds. It also makes every Icon use the C18 format for higher quality icons.

The download link is here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208799

It is limited by the fact that most CSS Icons now have no transparency. Well that's where this thread comes in! If you aren't great at using editing programs, I'll take requests to make CSS Icons with transparent backgrounds for use with this. I also will take requests for any backgrounds to use with this. I only have Project M and Brawl's background right now which can be gotten at http://imgur.com/a/q3mSA. I hope you enjoy using it and don't forget to request if you need to!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:50:25 AM by TheStarThief » Logged

Tiberious
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 07:17:11 AM »

Hmm... couple questions about the hack:

1) What's the size overhead for this? Like, how much space does it take compared to the old CMPR format icons?

2) Could this be potentially used to create a Smash4-like CSS, with an animated background behind transparent selection boxes?

TheStarThief
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 05:24:50 PM »

Hmm... couple questions about the hack:

1) What's the size overhead for this? Like, how much space does it take compared to the old CMPR format icons?

2) Could this be potentially used to create a Smash4-like CSS, with an animated background behind transparent selection boxes?

1) With both of the MiscDatas added in, it adds about 30kb. It is a significant amount, but if you switched the format back to CMPR, you would actually be saving space (even without the MiscData30 from Ondo's less Compressed Csp's).

2) That's actually one of the reasons I did this. I haven't done it yet since I'm still looking for someone to recreate or rip the background from the Smash 4 icons. I'm not exactly sure if the background can actually be animated yet though, but it should be possible.

TheStarThief
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 01:49:38 AM »

Update time! Brand new icons have been made using SJS's CSP's. And for the Smash 3 users, every Icon from the Smash 3 Pack has been updated for use with this pack, including Samus and Snake from Smash3C. I updated the icons so they can have a much higher quality then before. Take a look...

If you want to update the files, just redownload the pack and you should be good.

Look for more in the future, plans I have are:

-More Icon Backgrounds
    -More Icons (by Request!)
    -Possibly Animated Backgrounds!!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: