Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M(orrigan Aensland)  (Read 2365 times)
Martyr
Expert Kitten

What you do with life determines who you are.

View Profile Awards
« on: June 21, 2015, 04:16:29 PM »

Hello, visitor of this topic. I introduce you to...

PROJECT MORRIGAN!
This project has only one objective. That objective is to bring Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers into the Smash Bros world with her own moveset!
Morrigan >< Morrigan

First, a Project M moveset will be built, as Morrigan is a faster character, so it would be easier to transport her into that game.
 (Project M? I think the M stands for Morrigan!)
Than, depending on requests and demand, a Brawl moveset may be built.

Here are some answers to questions that you may be asking.

Who?
Morrigan Aensland from the Darkstalkers series that debuted in 1994. She has been prominent in the Darkstalkers and Marvel VS Capcom series. She has also made appearances in other games, such as Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Gun Bird 2, and Project X Zone.

This powerful succubus was considered too powerful, and had to be split into 3 parts in order to contain her power. She is runner-up to the throne in her demon home world, Makai. However, she finds life in her castle boring and dull. She avoids her royal duties, and visits the human world to find entertainment for herself.

In the fighting games that she has been in, she has been quite aerial-based. She has mulitple weapons at her grasp, including whips, rockets, fireballs (known as her Soul Fist), duplicating herself, and a huge cannon (similar to Tabuu's.).

Why?
I have seen mulitple fighters from other fighting games get their own custom movesets in Brawl, including Zero(Mega-man, UMvC3), Deadpool(UMvC3), Vergil(Devil May Cry, UMvC3), Dante(Devil May Cry), and Raiden(Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Playstaion All-stars). I think it's time we bring the Darkstalkers series into the spotlight with one of it's most popular characters, Morrigan. She has multiple unique attacks that can bring an interesting spin to the Smash Brothers series.

Also, for the people that prefer Japanese over English, I plan on giving Morrigan her Japanese voice and her English voice will be considered based on requests or demands.

How did no one think of this before!?
Because I also ask this question, I have no answer.

How do you plan on accomplishing this task?
I plan on porting her over Zero Suit Samus, as she fits Morrigan's bodystyle the most. I have seen re-skins over Zelda, but for a moveset, I don't want to change Zelda because of the Shiek transformation.

Random comment: But Zero Suit transforms too!

It is true that Zero Suit changes with her Final Smash, but that can easily be turned off with a code and doesn't make a huge change for Samus in Project M, which is played itemless (a majority of the time).

After creating the model, we port her moves from other fighting games over to the motion file and .pac file. These moves will be modified so they feel more like Smash Brothers moves instead of UMvC3/Darkstalkers moves. Not all moves will be covered this way, so we need to create some new ones that fits her character.

We may also do alternate effects for one of her costumes. This costume is another character from Darkstalkers that was one of the 3 parts of Morrigan, known as Lilith.

To clarify, we are NOT giving Lilith her own model. We are just coloring one of the Morrigan costumes to look similar to her.

For an example of how we are keeping Morrigan similar to her own games, I will explain what we are doing with one of her classic moves, known as Shadow Blade.

This was originally her Guard Cancel, similar to a counter in Smash Brothers. If a character attacked you as you were blocking, you could immediately perform this move out of your Block animation. We plan on leaving it as close to the original as we can get . This will take the form of her Down-B. However, because all characters naturally have a shield in this game, and Morrigan being able to immediately act out of it being kind of broken, we plan on combining it with her Guard/Block animation to make it similar to a Smash Brothers counter. This will be a multi-hit move with strong knockback on the last hit.
into this

It may also be able to be cancelled into another attack, but as of right now, it won't. We will consider it for balancing purposes after a full moveset is built and tested.

So, what's the full plan?
This project won't be a simple "build and be done" project. There are multiple steps involved.
STEP 1: BUILD THE MODEL!
We don't want Zero Suit Ssmus doing all of Morrigan's attacks, so we need a model import over Zero Suit Samus skeleton.
We are currently looking for someone who has a decent amount of experience in model importing, as there are plans to add more to the original model, such as:
Whips
Used for her N-air, and maybe her F-Tilt.

As of right now, we need 4 whips to be added. I would prefer to have Tabuu's whips, as they have more joints than Ivysaur's whips, but we will see what we can do. They will all come out of her back.

Rocket Boosters
Used for her Side-B, planned Down-Smash, possibly Up-throw and possibly Back-Throw.

This will come out of her back.

Drill-style Arms and Legs
Used for her Forward Smash, Forward Throw, possibly F-air, and possibly down-throw.

Soul Fist Fireball
(Not needed, but REALLY WANTED)

One of her most classic attacks. Used for her Neutral-B.
Weak version:

Strong version:

Also, we may do alternate effects for one of her costumes, so this may be wanted as well.
Lilith Version:

Giant wings with Missile Launchers
(Still confirming if we need this or not.)

Used for her Final Smash Finishing Shower. We haven't confirmed which one we are using, so this may not be needed.
(The first hyper in this video. One of these hypers maybe used as her Final Smash, we are still deciding. However, if we use the first one, we will need the giant wings.)
These wings will come out of her back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CR6NUmNMM0

STEP 2: ANIMATING THE MODEL!
Becuase we can not make progress on the first step, I have already started working on this step. This is the step of creating the movements for the character's attacks and actions.
I am a beginner/intermediate animator, so I would like someone who has more experience than me helping me in this process, as some of my animations may be sloppy and/or rigid.
There are a bunch of references for animations from UMvC3 and Darkstalkers. I have a list built that has a majority of her attacks and examples of them. I am finishing up that list, as I am still drawing samples of the brand new attacks.

STEP 3: CODING!
This is the process of building the code so that the character does everything that they should be doing properly.
I am basically brand new to this, slowly learning PSA day by day. I would want someone with experience helping me with this, as I can learn about the limits of PSA.

STEP 4: IN-GAME TESTING!
After all the work, we can see our work on display. This is a critical step, as we will figure out what has to be fixed and balanced in order to make Morrigan properly fit in with the rest of the cast.

REPEAT STEPS 2-4 UNTIL 100% COMPLETE!

Sounds (insert positive word here)! Where do I sign up?

Well, I'm glad you asked that.
Leave a comment on this thread saying that you want in, or send me a message to my profile and I will send you more details. If this project becomes popular, I will make a seperate thread, publicly showing the moveset and the progress on it. In the comments of that thread is where we would take suggestions from other people and build Morrigan to perfection.

Last but not least, thank you for your time, ESPECIALLY if you want to help out with this project.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: