Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32
Author Topic: PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!  (Read 269248 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 01:30:25 AM »

I can add the clones. It's just adding costumes are an issue for me. Can anyone add the extra costumes using both the fighter files and the cssslot files? I've done it correctly,  but the extra costumes are not appearing. Its as if the cssslot files aren't. being read.

That's very strange, hmm. I'll check it Tuesday if i can, I was scheduled to work Wednesday x.x Has anyone found any glitches? i haven't heard any reports of anything not working yet. i'd assume Pokemon are broken. any random freezes at the CSS? results? i'll eat my foot if i got this right first try xD

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 07:57:47 AM »

eating your own foot seems to be just a tad much  think. but actually by eating your foot youd have more time to work on projects and whatnot ^.^

Anyways. i tried getting the files to wor once and screwed up everything lol im nowhere as good as yall are but if  get my hands on a pre built one ill gladly put together a list of any ingame bugs a find on my free time. i work graveyards so being a bat and all i sleep during the day and have a little free time before i crash so yeah

InvaderXYZ
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 01:14:46 PM »

Whenever I try to install this and use it, it just loads up normal Brawl. I've tried over and over, but I can't seen to get it to work?

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 06:53:21 AM »

Maybe you are forgetting the File Patch Code

Also, how stable is the newest-ish release?

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 10:18:53 AM »

Heyo, I finally decided to give this a try using my own Ex setup, but I'm having an issue with trying to play as the clones I have.

I'm using the 3.6 .gct with the old 3.02 setup from the other thread. Everything loads perfectly, clones show up and all, but in Training mode, whenever I start a match with a clone, the game hard freezes after the announcer says "Ready?".

Does anyone have any ideas on how to circumvent this? It has to be a clone-exclusive problem considering everything else works fine.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 02:48:27 PM »

Wow! I love the new thread! You've done a great job keeping Project M DIY alive.
    Thank you so much for continuing this project for me and everyone else.

Your friend,
    -Ty
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:52:21 PM by TheGamerKidTy » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 04:04:21 AM »

Heyo, I finally decided to give this a try using my own Ex setup, but I'm having an issue with trying to play as the clones I have.

I'm using the 3.6 .gct with the old 3.02 setup from the other thread. Everything loads perfectly, clones show up and all, but in Training mode, whenever I start a match with a clone, the game hard freezes after the announcer says "Ready?".

Does anyone have any ideas on how to circumvent this? It has to be a clone-exclusive problem considering everything else works fine.
    this may actually be GCT/menu related.  the code list from 3.02 and 3.6 is pretty different.  the menus themselves aren't even entirely the same. the sora.rel has different hooks to load different things as well. for instance look at stamina mode, (something i mentioned before when delving into the 3.5 codelist) if you look at stamina mode the textures that determine the rules are not changed, and i can not for the life of me figure out what to do to make the hooks work correctly.

i plan on making the 3.6 menu's fully compatable, i just havent had much time with laborday approaching Dx, my store has been stupidly busy with clients and venders.

Whenever I try to install this and use it, it just loads up normal Brawl. I've tried over and over, but I can't seen to get it to work?

Make sure you use the default brawl directories and NOT the PM folder.
    (i.E.) SD:private/wii/app/rsbe/PF
    you should be able to just drag and copy the PM folders contents into the PF folder.

Wow! I love the new thread! You've done a great job keeping Project M DIY alive.
    Thank you so much for continuing this project for me and everyone else.

Your friend,
    -Ty

OFC ^^ i said i would, I really want to make PM fully customizable like any other brawl hack. i never really cared for the project because i couldn't change it. (srsly did anyone want butterfingers back? e.e) ofc PMBR would offer 0 help in changing their game be it adding simple code or a character. its just... so closed off and really off-putting about the project. i've asked for help several times, and was simply ignored all together.  Oh well i'm a stubborn girl xD I knew i'd figure it out eventually. it just took a little longer.
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:24:39 AM by Sirkura » Logged

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 11:33:45 AM »

Hey Ty popped his head in!

InvaderXYZ
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 03:35:10 PM »

Make sure you use the default brawl directories and NOT the PM folder.
    (i.E.) SD:private/wii/app/rsbe/PF
    you should be able to just drag and copy the PM folders contents into the PF folder.
    Maybe you are forgetting the File Patch Code

I put everything in the right directory, so it should be working. It's not though. and File Patch code? Not too sure what that is. Although, does it matter that i'm using a 4GB SD Card rather than just 2GB? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

chrisall76
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 11:06:34 PM »

Hey, I tried this for 3.6 and I have a question.
    The game seems to load the character fine and such, but as soon as the match starts (when he says 'GO!') it crashes. Any reason why this is happening? ( http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg )

Thanks for any help!
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:36:44 AM by chrisall76 » Logged

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ─=≡ΣO)) HADOUKEN!

NXero
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 08:25:25 AM »

I don't see a problem with Samus' stock icons.
    And PM 3.6 added stock icons to info.pac, did you configure those as well?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 12:29:03 AM »

Hi there!
    I'm having this same problem when using the beta DIY GCT with 3.6 Full Homebrew.
    I followed the tutorial from the official BrawlEx thread with Marth and it shows up correctly at the CSS (along with announcer call, and costumes) but right when the match starts, it shows Mario's stock icons and the game crashes. http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg
    If anyone wants to try it out, I uploaded the Dolphin virtual SD card here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kWdhz8JkJcWVBWT3Y4WU9wOG8 (Move sd.raw to *Documents*/Dolphin Emulator/Wii, enable SD card, set Brawl ISO as default and Open the Gecko ELF file in dolphin)

Stuff I noticed:
    - Music works well when using AxNextFrame (which sounds choppy on vPM 3.6 homebrew). Maybe the codeset or path fixed it.
    - Link doesn't have infinite multijab

EDIT: By the way, is this mod using the latest version of BrawlEx (2.0) or an earlier version?
    Does Sammy Husky's BrawlEx Cloning tool work with this? -I tried it, but got the same result with Marth having Mario's stocks and crashing-
    Did anyone got DIY working with 3.6 full properly? if so, could you share the files?

Thanks in advance!  Wink

Post Merge: September 05, 2015, 07:15:44 PM
    Bug report *Will update as I find stuff*

1- Crash when using clones after they enter the stage
    2- Clones show Mario's stock icons
    3- Link doesn't have infinite multijab
    4- Sometimes some pokemons disappear/don't show up when using Pokemon Trainer (currently Mewtwo CSS slot)
    5- All star special brawl mode doesn't work (Only Marios)
    6- Some Samus costumes show the wrong stock icon http://i.imgur.com/TtY7Acq.jpg

Pokemon will be hard to fix. they used codes to seperate them and expand them past the file size, none of wich are currently compatible with BeX nor is it possible to emulate them with the configs. you may be able to use the 3.02 DiY pokemon files for it. (the 4 config files and psa files)

Stock icons you will need to add for each character. i think its in the info.pac if i remember right.

Link is an easy fix i just havent gotten around to it yet. in the fighter config, set "has multi jab" to "true" there are other characters mising IC's as well (I.E. samus has crawl, mewtwo has multi jab, lucario has 2 jabs, etc) i just havent had time to work on it yet.

clones crashing at start, all star mode, and other errors seem to be stock icon related. adding files to the info.pac should  fix it. i'm not 100% certain how to do this however as i don't think its been attemted to give stocks to clones. try adding clones with default cosmetics (I.E. clone marth, but keep marths default settings without changes) see if it still freezes. if not it verifies that it is indeed the stock icons.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2015, 01:55:12 AM »

- Nice, I'll try the old pokemon config files
    - I was using Marth's default BEx cosmetics ID, so I assumed it should have loaded them, but I'll try adding cosmetics manually for BeX characters to the info.pac and see if that makes any difference.
    I've seen the "has multi jab" option, but that's only for clones AFAIK. Can we change that option for non-clones?

Anyway, nice work so far!

Yep ^^ you can pretty much edit any existing characters as freely as a clone. in the last beta Marth clones seemed to have an error that randomely caused crashing, maybe it still persists? i haven't had much time to work on it i've been pretty slammed with labor day weekend sales.

chrisall76
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:18 PM »

Hm, I didn't change anything with the cosmetic file (except for copying CosmeticMario.pac and renaming it) and I'm still getting errors.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ─=≡ΣO)) HADOUKEN!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2015, 12:18:37 AM »

Hm, I didn't change anything with the cosmetic file (except for copying CosmeticMario.pac and renaming it) and I'm still getting errors.

Can you be a little more specific? what kind of errors are you having?

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32
    Print
    Jump to: