Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 32
Author Topic: PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!  (Read 269183 times)
Polar
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »

Hey, I have a few questions. One, when will a stable version be out for 3.6? And two, what characters will be in the engine that you can add clones of? Like Kirby, or Lucas, Pit?

Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #61 on: October 16, 2015, 01:02:45 AM »

Hey, I have a few questions. One, when will a stable version be out for 3.6? And two, what characters will be in the engine that you can add clones of? Like Kirby, or Lucas, Pit?

hard to say when the stable version will come out. if i can figure out the BP's then it should be pretty much good to go.  as for characters, any listed inside the BeX thread should work.

Mister M
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: October 16, 2015, 10:59:11 AM »

hard to say when the stable version will come out. if i can figure out the BP's then it should be pretty much good to go.  as for characters, any listed inside the BeX thread should work.

Funny thing is that 3.02 is stable but still has Mewtwo with the Invisible Shadow Ball...

Can somebody here link me to that "clonable" list post in the thread? I can't seem to find it
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:15:26 PM by Mister M » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2015, 01:08:40 AM »

its in the download. it gives you all the REL files for the BeX clones.

sadly 3.02 was a LONG time ago. and was only possible due to the fact someone leaked the codes. it takes a lot of time decrypting the codelist. i need to find out where each code starts and where each one ends. then i have to find out what codes do what, then finally i have to compare and contrast with the 3.02 codesto find out what codes needed to be removed. i can make this stable if i can remove the part of code that loads stocks on allstar mode. that part requires each character to have battle portrates set up. that is what is causing the crash at the beginning of the matches i'm about 99% sure of it. if you pay attention to when the crashes occur you will notice the clones BP's default to mario, even if you set them to use default cosmetics. i'm pretty stumped by it, and so far i havent been able to find the new allstar code.

this is an absolute long shot down the crapper but i suppose i could go to smash boards and see if i can find a nice PMBR member that would replace the code for me with the older one. but more then likely i'll be stuck figuring it out on my own. my experiences in the past have not been... pleasent.

Mister M
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: October 19, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »

its in the download. it gives you all the REL files for the BeX clones.

sadly 3.02 was a LONG time ago. and was only possible due to the fact someone leaked the codes. it takes a lot of time decrypting the codelist. i need to find out where each code starts and where each one ends. then i have to find out what codes do what, then finally i have to compare and contrast with the 3.02 codesto find out what codes needed to be removed. i can make this stable if i can remove the part of code that loads stocks on allstar mode. that part requires each character to have battle portrates set up. that is what is causing the crash at the beginning of the matches i'm about 99% sure of it. if you pay attention to when the crashes occur you will notice the clones BP's default to mario, even if you set them to use default cosmetics. i'm pretty stumped by it, and so far i havent been able to find the new allstar code.

this is an absolute long shot down the crapper but i suppose i could go to smash boards and see if i can find a nice PMBR member that would replace the code for me with the older one. but more then likely i'll be stuck figuring it out on my own. my experiences in the past have not been... pleasent.
    Ah, I knew that was it......everybody always keeps mentioning a "list" like if there was something posted up here somewhere and I didn't want to find out that certain characters can be cloned with a special means when I don't have that character's exmodule in the exmodule folder

I haven't scewed around with any thing that's not the stable version but I think your doing a great job from how things sound here.

Are you talking about All-Star mode? or All-Star VERSUS mode?
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:03:54 AM by Mister M » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »

Ah, I knew that was it......everybody always keeps mentioning a "list" like if there was something posted up here somewhere and I didn't want to find out that certain characters can be cloned with a special means when I don't have that character's exmodule in the exmodule folder

I haven't scewed around with any thing that's not the stable version but I think your doing a great job from how things sound here.

Are you talking about All-Star mode? or All-Star VERSUS mode?

You may have just answered one of my questions. O.o i will try looking for the allstar modes offsets. its possible they took the coding from there. Anyway its the Allstar versus mode they added. in the most recent update they added a code that makes it show each stock as a different character. however BeX isn't compatible with cosmetic codes. so it doesn't know what to do with them and this happens:

http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg
    http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg
    http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg

in all 3 pics you will notice the clones have mario's stock icons. by default BeX is set to default as mario if it runs into a problem. so i'm 99% sure its conflicting code. in short it is telling BeX to do something it doesn't know how to do.

Mister M
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: October 20, 2015, 02:11:05 PM »

You may have just answered one of my questions. O.o i will try looking for the allstar modes offsets. its possible they took the coding from there. Anyway its the Allstar versus mode they added. in the most recent update they added a code that makes it show each stock as a different character. however BeX isn't compatible with cosmetic codes. so it doesn't know what to do with them and this happens:

http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg
    http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg
    http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg

in all 3 pics you will notice the clones have mario's stock icons. by default BeX is set to default as mario if it runs into a problem. so i'm 99% sure its conflicting code. in short it is telling BeX to do something it doesn't know how to do.

Since you clarified with Allstar Versus................This video link and its comments may or may not be helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIAQ0qbeymY

Post Merge: October 21, 2015, 04:26:29 PM
    I got another question...........Will there be wifi support for the next build? (With the Wiimfi stuff patched into DIY)

Edit: Actually I think it's possible to implement the Wiimfi stuff in the current stable but 2 things are that I don't know if the "wifi" folder files inside "DIY 3.02" are leftover from PM3.02 or are actually configured for DIY. The other thing would be that I wouldn't know how to put in the Wiimfi patch into the mod since I don't understand the gct stuff (which is where I think patch is included since the idea comes from a regular Wiimfi enabled PM3.02 mod that comes with a gct to replace over the regular wifi one for 3.02)
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:44:29 PM by Mister M » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »

I'm uncertain of how wifi play would be, BeX says its not compatible. perhaps with the same characters and same PSAs in the same slots, it MIGHT work. but thats a lot of work to do. Also i already know those codes, but thank you ^^ i'm looking for the part that should thearetically be the next chunk after that code.  that tells the game how to load stocks for allstar versus. i'm starting to wonder if it may be easier to rip out all the special modes and port them back to 3.5 xD since really not much changed but aesthetics and stages.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »

Woot! someone on smashboards offered to help us find the codes via USB gecko. i'll post updates as i can. setting up files for BeX now.

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: November 03, 2015, 08:23:06 PM »

Is it alright if I ask how the project is going?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2015, 10:35:30 PM »

Its going. we have someone who thinks they can help is kill the freezing issue we are having. i just uploaded a patch file for him to speed up the process. currently clones show up and are configured correctly, but it seems like there is a conflict of cosmetic code revolving around the stock icons. i kinda guessed at this when 3.6 revealed Allstar mode now has diferentiating stocks between characters. however it seems a global change and not instanced to ASV alone. making it hard to pinpoint it. hoping to have another beta soon.

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: November 04, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »

Well, I hope things go smoothly! I'm really excited to see how this turns out!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2015, 01:00:18 AM »

FINALLY ITS DONE!!!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z

Next beta. pokemon are still broke, replace them with another PSA for now.  all clones have mario stock icons. so far thats the glitches i've found.  my beta testers do your thing <3 i have files set up in a convienient patch this time.

Ohh and @Ghost Wolf i need the configs you made whne you get the chance <3 thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdaSBg4yNs&feature=youtu.be
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:04:47 AM by Sirkura » Logged

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: November 10, 2015, 11:29:47 AM »

Hi again! After the last DiY incident I figured I'd try this again, see if there were any bugs.

One thing I noticed is that damage percentages show up fine in Training mode, but are invisible in Versus.

Also, the stock icons that are loaded in a match seem to be the vBrawl ones, and not the actual character's stock icons. Dunno if that was intentional.

...Actually that's it, I thought I had more but the rest may be PSA/.rel related. Lmao

BUT! You did really good work here, Sirkura. Everything looks like it works pretty well, so I'll definitely be using this from here on out. Cheers!

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »

Hi again! After the last DiY incident I figured I'd try this again, see if there were any bugs.

One thing I noticed is that damage percentages show up fine in Training mode, but are invisible in Versus.

the stocks should be fixed relitively soon, i have someone working on it. the damage i think i derped xD i just have to find what file i messed up and fix it. it is interesting that it appears in training.  glad its working for you ^^

Also, the stock icons that are loaded in a match seem to be the vBrawl ones, and not the actual character's stock icons. Dunno if that was intentional.

...Actually that's it, I thought I had more but the rest may be PSA/.rel related. Lmao

BUT! You did really good work here, Sirkura. Everything looks like it works pretty well, so I'll definitely be using this from here on out. Cheers!

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 32
    Print
    Jump to: