Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 32
Author Topic: PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!  (Read 269192 times)
PyotrLuzhin
Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• Awards Featured Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #120 on: December 13, 2015, 05:13:58 PM »

Sweet! You figured out the stock icons and ASL. What exactly did you change?
    I don't know why ASL didn't work for anyone before. I guess it might have just been the EXModule issue tbh. As for the stock icons, I had to rewrite the code lol... it was a bit of a pain, but it looks great, so it was worth it!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #121 on: December 13, 2015, 08:38:59 PM »

Last question, did you just use mewtwos PM cosmetics? or make your own? BeX has a known issue with the stocks not changing. or perhaps the new code overwrites that segment? hmm interesting. also i'm curious, how are you changing the ex modules exactly?

hochin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #122 on: December 14, 2015, 05:40:57 AM »

Amazing work guys, been following this for a while and cant wait to start a custom PM build without running into major glitches Grin

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #123 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:25 AM »

Last question, did you just use mewtwos PM cosmetics? or make your own? BeX has a known issue with the stocks not changing. or perhaps the new code overwrites that segment? hmm interesting. also i'm curious, how are you changing the ex modules exactly?
    Yep, I used both Roy and Mewtwo's Cosmetic IDs from PM. One thing I haven't had time to test out yet is All-Star VS, but if it doesn't work I can fix it up easily. As for the EXModules, I have to rewrite some assembly code relating to variable access and instance memory allocation in each one. Currently I only have the transforming characters left to fix, since they have weird nuances in those departments. In doing this, I ended up fixing the glitches that you reported involving Ganon's side-b grab, Link's boomerang, etc.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2015, 12:51:11 PM »

sweet! I know PM heavily modified rel data, so it makes since. i appreciate all the help youve given me.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #125 on: December 14, 2015, 02:46:02 PM »

Yep, I used both Roy and Mewtwo's Cosmetic IDs from PM. One thing I haven't had time to test out yet is All-Star VS, but if it doesn't work I can fix it up easily. As for the EXModules, I have to rewrite some assembly code relating to variable access and instance memory allocation in each one. Currently I only have the transforming characters left to fix, since they have weird nuances in those departments. In doing this, I ended up fixing the glitches that you reported involving Ganon's side-b grab, Link's boomerang, etc.

wow, your good! i don't even know what to really do anymore. i guess i'll continue looking for some glitches. i hate being useless at any given time lol. So about ASL now, is it able to work with more than one ASL stage now?

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #126 on: December 14, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »

Well, All-Star VS. works! I didn't have to modify anything, it seems.
    sweet! I know PM heavily modified rel data, so it makes since. i appreciate all the help youve given me.
    Yep, I'm surprised I hadn't realized that this was an issue until now lol. Yeah, no problem. My super-secret ulterior motive in all of this is to keep people from asking me how to use the PM clone engine lol.
    wow, your good! i don't even know what to really do anymore. i guess i'll continue looking for some glitches. i hate being useless at any given time lol. So about ASL now, is it able to work with more than one ASL stage now?
    It always did for me after I patched it... I have no idea why it didn't work for anyone else. Maybe I accidentally included a typo when I was formatting it for release.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »

Awesome! Now I'm kinda pumped! I'm not trying to be a bother or anything, But when shall we expect a release? No rush, just asking. And also, are the previously missing codes also present? Like for example, you can't meteor cancel(At least i never did. I'd have to test it more.), i remember having to add input assist and auto L cancel, and a couple others.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:18:03 PM by Ghost Wolf » Logged

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #128 on: December 14, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »

Awesome! Now I'm kinda pumped! I'm not trying to be a bother or anything, But when shall we expect a release? No rush, just asking. And also, are the previously missing codes also present? Like for example, you can't meteor cancel(At least i never did. I'd have to test it more.), i remember having to add input assist and auto L cancel, and a couple others.
    Hmm... I'll have to test out the meteor cancel code, but I think that the only codes removed are Masquerade, all of the cosmetic codes, the Custom CSS code, and a couple others that I don't remember offhand. I think that everything else should work, but this is why releases take a little while haha - I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I'd like for everything to work perfectly.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2015, 02:27:17 AM »

My super-secret ulterior motive in all of this is to keep people from asking me how to use the PM clone engine lol.

XD god i dabbled in that xD BeX is so much easier to use, and doesn't have as many limitations. its not particularly hard to add a clone with PM's engine, its just really tedious. also are they still limited to 50 slots? or did PM ever bypass that? anyway, BeX is better in my opinion. more simplified and dynamic. so much easier to tweak without hard coding anything in. it allows you to add things on the fly.

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #130 on: December 15, 2015, 08:08:35 AM »

XD god i dabbled in that xD BeX is so much easier to use, and doesn't have as many limitations. its not particularly hard to add a clone with PM's engine, its just really tedious. also are they still limited to 50 slots? or did PM ever bypass that? anyway, BeX is better in my opinion. more simplified and dynamic. so much easier to tweak without hard coding anything in. it allows you to add things on the fly.
    Now that I've used BrawlEX, I don't know if I'd ever want to go back lol. The big issue with PM's clone engine is the memory allocation issue, which, if left uncorrected, does some weird stuff to a person's game. I figured out a way to add 5 more slots, but it's not particularly worth it now that BrawlEX works as well as it does.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #131 on: December 15, 2015, 09:27:30 PM »

Now that I've used BrawlEX, I don't know if I'd ever want to go back lol. The big issue with PM's clone engine is the memory allocation issue, which, if left uncorrected, does some weird stuff to a person's game. I figured out a way to add 5 more slots, but it's not particularly worth it now that BrawlEX works as well as it does.

Right. I've never really seen the overall reason to continue using it when they could have switched to the Clone engine. Well.... i since BEX conflicted with their coding, they would have to do some editing to their codes and rework their ASL, which itself sounds painfull and tedious, but it would also save them unnecessary coding as well. But the PM Clone Engine did come before brawl Ex, and i'd hate to Have to go through all that coding trouble.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2015, 10:54:19 PM »

so they are still limited then.  BeX had the same limitations in v1, i beleve it expands in one of the fighter resource memories now if i'm not mistaken, it was also limited by the CSS code. wich only supported up to 50 entries. the roster file is a lot simpler to use too. tho it can cause flickering if the CSS isn't spaced well. from what i remember its an easy fix tho. i am just lazy with my own project to do it. pretty sure pm's is already spaced. i've never had that issue. once this is complete i think i'll restart Myth.

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: December 16, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »

so they are still limited then.  BeX had the same limitations in v1, i beleve it expands in one of the fighter resource memories now if i'm not mistaken, it was also limited by the CSS code. wich only supported up to 50 entries. the roster file is a lot simpler to use too. tho it can cause flickering if the CSS isn't spaced well. from what i remember its an easy fix tho. i am just lazy with my own project to do it. pretty sure pm's is already spaced. i've never had that issue. once this is complete i think i'll restart Myth.
    speaking of BeX tools, would you mind sending me a link to the clone tool (with all the templates) you're using? I think mine is from V1, and the properties window doesn't work.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2015, 04:21:35 AM »

speaking of BeX tools, would you mind sending me a link to the clone tool (with all the templates) you're using? I think mine is from V1, and the properties window doesn't work.

actually its best to steer completely clear from the clone tool, its extrememly buggy and was never updated to support v2 modules and configs. you could use it for some basic things i suppose like renaming. but its not been updated since v1 of BeX. you can find all the config templates in the BeX downloads. only tools you really need are the module editor and the config editor, both on the BeX download page.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 32
    Print
    Jump to: