Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 32
Author Topic: PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!  (Read 270125 times)
Tyadran
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »

Can we expect a more thorough explanation of how to add characters anytime soon? I spent an entire night trying to port over Pichu and Young Link from Project M+, and no matter how many resources I checked, absolutely could not get them to stop showing up as the crashing 'random' on the CSS.

Got a tad frustrated with it, so I'll have to wait until someone with a clue can explain to me more how to make this work.

Im srs here

PyotrLuzhin
Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• Awards Featured Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #286 on: February 21, 2016, 08:54:01 PM »

Can we expect a more thorough explanation of how to add characters anytime soon? I spent an entire night trying to port over Pichu and Young Link from Project M+, and no matter how many resources I checked, absolutely could not get them to stop showing up as the crashing 'random' on the CSS.

Got a tad frustrated with it, so I'll have to wait until someone with a clue can explain to me more how to make this work.

Im srs here
    you'll need to use the gecko launcher (gecko 1.9.3.1) with your hooktype set to AXNextFrame to fix that problem. As for guides, there's one on smashboard's custom content section.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #287 on: February 21, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »

Im srs here

New CSS Icons show up as Random and crash when highlighting them:
    If an icon is shown as Random and is not intended as the regular random icon, then the icon has not been mapped by BrawlEx. This could mean that BrawlEx is not running. Ensure that both the Module/bx_fighter.rel and System/Common2.pac files included in the BrawlEx package are in your patching directory.

Icons periodically switch between proper icons and crashing Random icons between startups.
    If you are using GeckoOS or USBLoader GX and BrawlEx periodically fails to start, go into ensure that you have your launcher's hook method to AXNextFrame.

if your using the clone tool thats also likely to happen with the 2.0 config files. don't use it. ever.

Im srs here

Just don't.

Im srs here

EVER.
     Im srs here

Tyadran
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #288 on: February 21, 2016, 09:07:01 PM »

if your using the clone tool thats also likely to happen with the 2.0 config files. don't use it. ever.

Im srs here

Umm...I didn't use the clone tool, though, if you're talking about the program that was supposed to make it easy. I tried to do it by hand like all the tutorials I was looking at, but I can't figure out where I went wrong, because it still doesn't work despite it appearing that I did everything I was supposed to.

SuperWeasel99
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #289 on: February 21, 2016, 09:32:22 PM »

Here's the guide Pyotr mentioned:
    http://smashboards.com/threads/a-starters-guide-to-using-the-project-m-brawlex-v0-2-build.430430/
    It's the one I used and I got my first character in on the first try working perfectly with no issues.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »

Umm...I didn't use the clone tool, though, if you're talking about the program that was supposed to make it easy. I tried to do it by hand like all the tutorials I was looking at, but I can't figure out where I went wrong, because it still doesn't work despite it appearing that I did everything I was supposed to.

If you add cosmetic files wrong it will also mess them up. try seeing if you can get a working clone without them (I.E. base characters cosmetics with no changes)

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #291 on: February 23, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »

Oh sorry Pyotr and Sirkura, I meant that i didn't feel like using stage expansion because of how often I have to reset the music, so I'm not using it. I did notice that in Fourside there are two Snowman options... even after using the music reset codes... Does anyone else have it?

I'm just going to try to update to the new codeset and see if that works.

Will you be able to write up a tutorial on making these rels  (not just editing section Cool also btw?
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:34:43 PM by SemiPsycho » Logged

SuperWeasel99
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #292 on: February 23, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »

I did notice that in Fourside there are two Snowman options... even after using the music reset codes... Does anyone else have it?

Yeah I have that too. Kinda weird.

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #293 on: February 24, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »

How can you call this beta, there aren't many bugs and not a lot more has to be done! Just call the next update 1.0

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #294 on: February 26, 2016, 07:17:13 PM »

t
    Yeah I have that too. Kinda weird.
    hat has to do with the way songs are mapped to new stages. like i said editing songs that arent there originally in the game will make it go corrupt on save. i can guarantee that song is mapped to an expansion stage.

How can you call this beta, there aren't many bugs and not a lot more has to be done! Just call the next update 1.0

We are still finding bugs here and there regardless of how minor.  Also not all the modules are finished yet.

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #295 on: February 26, 2016, 10:07:05 PM »

that has to do with the way songs are mapped to new stages. like i said editing songs that arent there originally in the game will make it go corrupt on save. i can guarantee that song is mapped to an expansion stage.

But I'm not using stage expansion, I think that Fourside just replaces New Pork City and turns NPC into an alternate stage. Is it possible that it is related to ALS?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2016, 02:01:35 AM »

But I'm not using stage expansion, I think that Fourside just replaces New Pork City and turns NPC into an alternate stage. Is it possible that it is related to ALS?

ASL has its own expansion coding built in.  so its very likely, or they may have another alt that takes music from there as well. you can pretty much map any song to play over any stage, from any location.

SSBfangamer
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #297 on: March 01, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »

So, this comes with PM 3.6?

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #298 on: March 01, 2016, 01:13:37 PM »

Why yes sir it does

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

MKing579
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #299 on: March 04, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »

Hi! So there's a problem with the Hackless version where it crashes as soon as the intro ends. Is there a way to fix that? I'm using the build from the old thread because I don't know if the current version has a Hackless version.

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 32
    Print
    Jump to: