Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32
Author Topic: PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!  (Read 269170 times)
JrFilipino
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #330 on: March 29, 2016, 04:35:01 PM »

Great work! I went ahead and put in Waluigi since you guys already have most of him setup.

One thing though is that he can't dash dance.

I imagine that the clones I put in that aren't meant for Project M can't dash dance either.

Is there anything I can do to make it so they can dash dance? Or will I have to wait for the Project M version of Waluigi to come out?

Hausi
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #331 on: March 30, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »

Great work! I went ahead and put in Waluigi since you guys already have most of him setup.

One thing though is that he can't dash dance.

I imagine that the clones I put in that aren't meant for Project M can't dash dance either.

Is there anything I can do to make it so they can dash dance? Or will I have to wait for the Project M version of Waluigi to come out?

Other clones that are meant to work for brawl won't be able to dash dance either. Wait for Marioking64ds to release Waluigi if you want a proper PM Waluigi. You might change some things with Project Smash Attacks in order to get the dash dance working but i think there's actually more to it. Pyotr has a Waluigi that can dashdance, I saw it in one of his videos.

SemiPsycho
Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: April 05, 2016, 09:35:39 PM »

Is anybody else having a problem where the result screen announcer doesn't call the name of a clone even though you changed it in the SlotConfig? It's happening to me with all the clones, and I don't know why. The character selection screen works though (except for the fact that I replaced sfx in "Watch" for announcer calls, and those sfx don't automatically have the announcer echo effect added to them).

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: April 06, 2016, 12:37:47 PM »

Is anybody else having a problem where the result screen announcer doesn't call the name of a clone even though you changed it in the SlotConfig? It's happening to me with all the clones, and I don't know why. The character selection screen works though (except for the fact that I replaced sfx in "Watch" for announcer calls, and those sfx don't automatically have the announcer echo effect added to them).

had this problem before. the fighter config files also have announcer data as well iirc. i changed two files to receive the desired effect, and i'm pretty sure those were the fighter and slots files. try the fighter files as well

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: April 06, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »

had this problem before. the fighter config files also have announcer data as well iirc. i changed two files to receive the desired effect, and i'm pretty sure those were the fighter and slots files. try the fighter files as well

I couldn't find anything in the FighterConfig files. I changed two files, but I modified the SlotConfig and the CosmeticConfig. On regular brawl the result screen works fine.

Charx
    Advanced Kitten

I'm Charx the PM Modder!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: April 06, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »

Can I get The Brawl ex codes and the codes that make it compatible with PM? (Without .GCT File)

Post Merge: April 06, 2016, 05:58:40 PM
    Can I get The Brawl ex codes and the codes that make it compatible with PM? (Without .GCT File) I'm Currently developing a mod for Project M called "Project M Bluefire Edition". I want t add at least Waluigi or Ridley.

Thanks!
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:58:40 PM by The Bluefire Channel » Logged

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• Awards Featured Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: April 08, 2016, 10:30:47 AM »

in the next release of the template, I'll add a text codeset for all those asking for one.

Xaranid
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: April 10, 2016, 11:40:15 AM »

The project looks great, and is exactly what I was hoping would eventually release to let me make a nice custom personal build of PM!  That said, I'm a little confused by how to set everything up here. 

Basically what I'm hoping to reach in the end is a build that includes the base Project M roster + Knuckles/Lyn/Isaac/Sami (though the latter two I can live without) + Ridley + Waluigi + Project Ganondorf. 

How would I start making this happen?  Brawl EX has confused me for a while, so any guide or advice on the process of adding characters on top of PM would be much appreciated.

Cyprus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #338 on: April 10, 2016, 04:52:50 PM »

Alright, so I just now got around to updating to v4 of this project and now the roster's not even there? I just replaced all my files to the new update's files and now the roster's gone.

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #339 on: April 12, 2016, 09:26:03 PM »

The project looks great, and is exactly what I was hoping would eventually release to let me make a nice custom personal build of PM!  That said, I'm a little confused by how to set everything up here.  

Basically what I'm hoping to reach in the end is a build that includes the base Project M roster + Knuckles/Lyn/Isaac/Sami (though the latter two I can live without) + Ridley + Waluigi + Project Ganondorf.  

How would I start making this happen?  Brawl EX has confused me for a while, so any guide or advice on the process of adding characters on top of PM would be much appreciated.

Well, Ridley is already done for you, and Waluigi is almost done. All you have to do for Waluigi (I don't know if most of his files is in the new version) is download the custom character on the vault, and move the "waluigi" folder inside fighter to the fighter folder on your SD card. Then, open CSSRoster.dat with Config Utility (can be downloaded on the original BrawlEx post), add another slot to Icons and Random, and type in the value 60, since that is the default fighter ID for Waluigi, unless you want to change it.

For other characters, the tutorial on the BrawlEx post is going to explain it better than I can here. Creating the clones isn't as difficult and/or time consuming as inserting all the required textures to make the clone appear like the new character on things like the character select and result screen.

Alright, so I just now got around to updating to v4 of this project and now the roster's not even there? I just replaced all my files to the new update's files and now the roster's gone.

Maybe one or more of these are the issue:
    1. You are not using the new codeset.
    2. Your files are still in the old directory.
    3. CSSRoster.dat is missing.
    4. Murphy's Law declares that you can not replace a large quantity of files at once and still work properly without troubleshooting.

By the way, does anyone think they have a solution to the result screen announcer call problem?
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:31:53 PM by SemiPsycho » Logged

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: April 14, 2016, 11:33:15 PM »

you need to replace the .gct, bx_fighter.rel, common2.pac, and common3.pac

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: April 17, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »

I added the unfinished Project M characters.

This is my build atm. (video is outdated though)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksyXg3XCPUc

------

I'd also like to thank the Team that managed to get BrawlEX working with Project M. Amazingly, I "mastered" the process of BrawlEX pretty quickly (not that its too hard already). I remember a few months back or even a year or two when BrawlEX just came out I didn't know how to use it at all. lol

So a personal thanks to everyone that managed to get it to work with Project M! Smiley
    while I don't agree with the leaked content in your build, I'm glad that you finally learned how to add cosmetics.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: April 24, 2016, 02:06:41 AM »

Hey, Sirkura, i like the 0.4 update. and it fixes a lot of issues i had.
    But can you add the Stage Expansion template? as like a standard part of the build, it's kind of annoying having to reinject it into the GCT, and of course edit things with the new build.

EDIT:
    Because you moved things into the custom PM folder, the Stage Expansion mod, (the PM 36 modded special one)
    Does not read the mods i think, either way it does not work anymore. I can do without the custom stages temporarily, but some of them are essential for the extra characers i do haev. i'd like someone to add said code in for me. (or modify it to work.) (I also have other codes i'd like in too.)

(let me reiterate, teh icons do not show up in the stage manager, it shows up as red squares, but i do know it works on the older build i have, by showing the actual icons. i welcome the changes, but i must have extra stages.)

Code can be Found Here
    http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/

The custom codes i'd like added.

No Icons [spunit262]
    C20E08BC 00000002
    7C9F2378 38C00002
    90C40000 00000000

SFX Survival -> Choose Your Character
    04683998 38802046
    0468E590 38802046

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:14:55 AM by Ultraxwing » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #343 on: April 24, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »

Hey, Sirkura, i like the 0.4 update. and it fixes a lot of issues i had.
    But can you add the Stage Expansion template? as like a standard part of the build, it's kind of annoying having to reinject it into the GCT, and of course edit things with the new build.

EDIT:
    Because you moved things into the custom PM folder, the Stage Expansion mod, (the PM 36 modded special one)
    Does not read the mods i think, either way it does not work anymore. I can do without the custom stages temporarily, but some of them are essential for the extra characers i do haev. i'd like someone to add said code in for me. (or modify it to work.) (I also have other codes i'd like in too.)

(let me reiterate, teh icons do not show up in the stage manager, it shows up as red squares, but i do know it works on the older build i have, by showing the actual icons. i welcome the changes, but i must have extra stages.)

Code can be Found Here
    http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/

The custom codes i'd like added.

No Icons [spunit262]
    C20E08BC 00000002
    7C9F2378 38C00002
    90C40000 00000000

SFX Survival -> Choose Your Character
    04683998 38802046
    0468E590 38802046

Actually ASL is 100% working in this build. Have fun with up to 2500 stages, (even that many on the vault? xD) >.> there is a tool by M2K that adds stages and codes to the GCT. PMXP uses it. i'll have to look for the link. but its a lot better to use then the traditional expansion template. as it allows button combinations to load a new stages, (up to 27 per icon), and you can use different REL files as a base. its already included in the codeset. i might post a few useful links in the OP later when i get time, i keep getting people asking for help with adding clones, codes, and various tutorials and programs.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742

m2k's ASL tool for stages. the sound effect code likely can be added normally. the icon one may conflict with BeX. i can't really test it atm.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:53:49 PM by Sirkura » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: April 24, 2016, 03:51:06 PM »

Actually ASL is 100% working in this build. Have fun with up to 2500 stages, (even that many on the vault? xD) >.> there is a tool by M2K that adds stages and codes to the GCT. PMXP uses it. i'll have to look for the link. but its a lot better to use then the traditional expansion template. as it allows button combinations to load a new stages, (up to 27 per icon), and you can use different REL files as a base. its already included in the codeset. i might post a few useful links in the OP later when i get time, i keep getting people asking for help with adding clones, codes, and various tutorials and programs.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742

m2k's ASL tool for stages. the sound effect code likely can be added normally. the icon one may conflict with BeX. i can't really test it atm.

Well, i found out how to make the Expansion work, i just put the code below all the other codes, and it recognized them. had to inject it manually.

But i don't think ASL tool works well with your version of the code. It doesn't recognize all the stages and edits done.

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32
    Print
    Jump to: