Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
Author Topic: PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!  (Read 269203 times)
SparkyWaffles
Newbie Kitten

"Now, let's go play together..."

View Profile Awards
« Reply #420 on: September 30, 2016, 08:24:47 PM »

Hello, I'm making a personal build using this as a template and I want to know if there is a fix for this.
When you play a Pit-clone like Waluigi or Ridley and then later have a match between Kirby and Pit, when Kirby copies Pit's ability and tries to shoot an arrow the game hard crashes. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening but I've seen this problem on other builds based on this as well.

Note that if the Kirby/Pit match is played without highlighting the clones in the CSS, no crash occurs.

Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #421 on: October 05, 2016, 02:54:47 AM »

Hello, I'm making a personal build using this as a template and I want to know if there is a fix for this.
    When you play a Pit-clone like Waluigi or Ridley and then later have a match between Kirby and Pit, when Kirby copies Pit's ability and tries to shoot an arrow the game hard crashes. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening but I've seen this problem on other builds based on this as well.

Note that if the Kirby/Pit match is played without highlighting the clones in the CSS, no crash occurs.

That's usually because most people don't port the graphics on the clones. basically you change IDs so each one is different and doesn't conflict with anbother character.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #422 on: October 11, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »

Will a 0.6 or 1.0 version of PmEx ever be released?

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

jaystring
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Featured Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Diamond in the Rough

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #423 on: October 11, 2016, 10:23:45 PM »

That's usually because most people don't port the graphics on the clones. basically you change IDs so each one is different and doesn't conflict with anbother character.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0

Hello!  Since you were on the subject, I have some questions about GFX porting.

I also noticed the Kirby pit arrow crash that SparkyWaffles mentionned in my build (exact same repro steps using Ridley) + I made a clone of mario for DR mario and had all sort of GFX issues when I was doing a match of regular mario vs clone mario.

I believe all this is related to GFX conficting like you mentionned

now, I carefully read all the tutorial and had a couple of questions about it :

1)  The way I understand it is that in order to fix the GFX of a clone, we add his GFX "bank/data" to an assit trophy or an ennemy and change all it's reference in PSA to point toward the choosen ennemy/assist trophy GFX.

Now, can this cause an issue if for exemple you have the clone character in a match and the assist trophy you choose also appear in the game.  will this cause confict issues with the assist trophy!?

2) I guest if question 1 anwser is "no, It won't cause issues because the assit trophy's GFX are still there and intact, you just added new entries for the PSA"

would it then be possible to do the same thing on a real fighter GFX instead!?  like if I want do make a Dr Mario clone from mario, couldn't I just add dr mario GFX to mario's "ef_mario" instead of choosing a assist trophy or ennemi?

maybe i'm confused but I'm not sure why this wouldn't work. actually is it because "only 1 "ef_mario.pac" can be loaded on a fighter.  The other one is gonna used the already loaded one" or something like this!?

but then again why does this work with assit trophy!? surely the assit trophy should get all broken as well when it's loaded in-game if only 1 "ef_file" can be loaded at the time.

2) I guest adding a complety new "ef_file" is not possible right!? because I guest it won't have Hex number value to reference it or something in the code.

3) I've taken a look at very stable PSA to see how they did it.  and some stuff was very confusing.

For exemple, Project M Roy uses ef_saki but data inside the folder doesn't seem to contain anything related to Saki's assist trophy except 2 textures.  All the rest is completly different from the "effect/assist/ef_saki.pac"

How does that work exactly, I thouth the PSA stuff had to be added on top of all data already from Saki's assist trophy

Sorry about the long post and number of questions

but I don't like having crashy build and would really like to get my build as stable as possible

I'm trying really hard to understand all this properly as I believe this will come in handy so I want to make sure I understand it well before starting modifing my build's files.

Thanks in advance!

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #424 on: October 11, 2016, 11:03:50 PM »

I um. Wow, long post.
    Yes, only one instance of a GFX file can be loaded at any one time, and yes, you could technically share all GFX for multiple characters, but all you'll really do is needlessly inflate filesize, since it'll unload it for all of them the moment you change a character.

Not possible to create new ones, unfortunately.

I did a kind of runthrough of how I do it, if you were interested, I dunno, it may help you somewhat.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbwebmq9DRg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbwebmq9DRg</a>

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

jaystring
    Newbie Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #425 on: October 12, 2016, 11:07:09 PM »

I um. Wow, long post.
    Yes, only one instance of a GFX file can be loaded at any one time, and yes, you could technically share all GFX for multiple characters, but all you'll really do is needlessly inflate filesize, since it'll unload it for all of them the moment you change a character.

Not possible to create new ones, unfortunately.

I did a kind of runthrough of how I do it, if you were interested, I dunno, it may help you somewhat.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbwebmq9DRg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbwebmq9DRg</a>

All right! thanks of the info!

yeah sorry about the long post, I had lots of questions lol

I did a test yesterday night and successfully put Dr Mario's GFX over unused ennemi "ef_bubot"

I also confirmed what I thought, half of Nebulon's tutorial is actually unnessary.  You don't need at all to mess with export/import from the ennemi/assist trophy ef_file.  Only need to rename your BrawlEx character's ef to an ennemi ef and then change the ID of all the clone character GFX call in the PSA to the ennemi's ID.

I don't have anymore weird stuff/crash happening in mario vs dr mario fights now!

I did had a crash Dr mario against Ridley but it might be unrelated to my edit, not sure yet.

I also have a Link Clone which need the same treatment so I'll try to understand those Sword trails thing next.

I think I understand how it works now except for 1 thing, I still don't exactly understand why porting a BEX character to an assit trophy doesn't crash the game or create weird FX stuff when the assit trophy spawn.  technically there's 2 character using the same ef file again in that case so it should create issues...

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #426 on: October 12, 2016, 11:48:00 PM »

I think the assist trophy thing may be because they're just an assist trophy so they don't hold up so much memory, I dunno, just a random guess. If you want to ask any questions on it feel free to shoot.

Ridley may just be finicky himself, but I dunno.

also i did do a thing on SFX if you were going to do anything for that at some point.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

jaystring
    Newbie Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #427 on: October 13, 2016, 10:58:26 AM »

I think the assist trophy thing may be because they're just an assist trophy so they don't hold up so much memory, I dunno, just a random guess. If you want to ask any questions on it feel free to shoot.

Ridley may just be finicky himself, but I dunno.

also i did do a thing on SFX if you were going to do anything for that at some point.

All right! Thanks for the info!! I'll keep that in mind for the SFX

I've not started looking into SFX as I wanted hard crash to be fixed first

I probably did something wrong with my DR Mario GFX switch because after multiple test I noticed I was crash vs Ridley when I shooted a Pill after using some very specific repro steps. (it never crash on the first match, always the second, it's weird)

It's not crashing with regular mario anymore so there must be conflict somewhere else.

Post Merge: October 13, 2016, 07:58:59 PM
    All right! thanks of the info!

yeah sorry about the long post, I had lots of questions lol

I did a test yesterday night and successfully put Dr Mario's GFX over unused ennemi "ef_bubot"

I also confirmed what I thought, half of Nebulon's tutorial is actually unnessary.  You don't need at all to mess with export/import from the ennemi/assist trophy ef_file.  Only need to rename your BrawlEx character's ef to an ennemi ef and then change the ID of all the clone character GFX call in the PSA to the ennemi's ID.

I don't have anymore weird stuff/crash happening in mario vs dr mario fights now!

I did had a crash Dr mario against Ridley but it might be unrelated to my edit, not sure yet.

I also have a Link Clone which need the same treatment so I'll try to understand those Sword trails thing next.

I think I understand how it works now except for 1 thing, I still don't exactly understand why porting a BEX character to an assit trophy doesn't crash the game or create weird FX stuff when the assit trophy spawn.  technically there's 2 character using the same ef file again in that case so it should create issues...
    ok I might have another question for you if you don't mind.

so the crash and conflict with GFX for mario vs clone mario (dr mario) seem to be fixed but they both share the same soundbank and a similar thing happen with SFX (at the second match with Dr Mario vs another character, Dr Mario's voice is missing and he produce no more sound)

it's seem like a similar conflit to GFX except it's happening with SFX.  Do you know what's happening and how to fix it!?

I know sharing soundbank is possible because there's many exemple of character already doing it (Marth/Roy/Lucina, Mewtwo/Lucario, etc) and they don't seem to have the SFX missing glitch so what exactly am I missing

Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:58:59 PM by jaystring » Logged

HapHaxion
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #428 on: October 15, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »

Just a quick question-- which sfx file does ridley use? (I need to change his sounds from Pit's...)
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:54:47 PM by HapHaxion » Logged

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #429 on: October 15, 2016, 07:49:21 PM »

ok I might have another question for you if you don't mind.

so the crash and conflict with GFX for mario vs clone mario (dr mario) seem to be fixed but they both share the same soundbank and a similar thing happen with SFX (at the second match with Dr Mario vs another character, Dr Mario's voice is missing and he produce no more sound)

it's seem like a similar conflit to GFX except it's happening with SFX.  Do you know what's happening and how to fix it!?

I know sharing soundbank is possible because there's many exemple of character already doing it (Marth/Roy/Lucina, Mewtwo/Lucario, etc) and they don't seem to have the SFX missing glitch so what exactly am I missing

Thanks!
    Something to do with this code I think, although I've not really looked into it myself...

https://smashboards.com/threads/ds22s-code-showcase.428060/#post-20793302

jaystring
    Newbie Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #430 on: October 16, 2016, 09:50:25 PM »

Something to do with this code I think, although I've not really looked into it myself...

https://smashboards.com/threads/ds22s-code-showcase.428060/#post-20793302

All right! thanks a lot for the info.  It does seem exactly like the problem i'm facing and a way to fix it.

I'll give it a try to understand how that code work when I have the time but damn, this is starting to be pretty advance stuff to understand.

Just a quick question-- which sfx file does ridley use? (I need to change his sounds from Pit's...)

Ridley (the legacy XP version that i'm using) uses the 13F slot which is "Meta Ridley".  sawnd 326

Sharp02
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #431 on: October 17, 2016, 10:52:06 PM »

How would you add a cosmetic slot for a character in PMEX?

Also? Can you change the roster shape like with CSS Organizer?

Sorry if this was already answered or if I broke a rule. New here, kinda late. Tongue

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #432 on: October 18, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »

How would you add a cosmetic slot for a character in PMEX?

Also? Can you change the roster shape like with CSS Organizer?

Sorry if this was already answered or if I broke a rule. New here, kinda late. Tongue

There are various links in the second post, think there is a pmex tutorial there that covers it.  And the shape is changable, but you will need to do it by hand. PMEX by default uses a roster.dat or css code in the gct. you can rearange the icons using that.

EnKaYea
    Advanced Kitten

I love my men, like I love my games. Old and daft.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #433 on: October 23, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »

Does ASRL work with this?

Forget the reason that we hack,
    oddly enough I don't even know why I started

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2016, 07:10:56 PM »

The alt stage loader works with this.

Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32