Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 49
Author Topic: Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)  (Read 243860 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #585 on: May 04, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »

Just tried this Xampp stuff. SDCafiine now works like a charm and I'm playing Count Cannoli's battle theme replacing a Bayonetta track. XD

EDIT: This is awesome and surreal.... I'mma need a bigger SD card. (has a 8G)
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:29:07 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #586 on: May 04, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »

The reason why is because the website host of Sm4shmods (Mastaklo) has been wanting to make a profit off of Sm4sh modding (one sure sign is the use of ad.fly and the whole issue with his Shadow mod on the Vault).
    I remember that incident. It was a whole [censored] storm in the Vault thread.

I'm temporarily MIA while job hunting, but I'm glad everyone can join in on the fun now. I'll read through the rest of the posts later, but like I mentioned a while ago, help will be needed to finish research and tools for everyone to use. Unless something has been released on gbatemp, the answer is currently "no" for "is it currently possible to edit *?"
    I would LOVE expanded slots for music. I tested a track last night on Suzuku Castle, and it worked.

That, and the ability to have names and such.

Wow, Mastaklo is a money whore, he doesn't own Sm4sh (not as in having a copy, the other kind of own) and distributing mods for money is illegal, unless Nintendo makes their own service for it, which they won't.
    He tried to profit off his Shadow hack by linking it to something completely unrelated.
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:36:44 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #587 on: May 04, 2016, 01:24:05 PM »

There is also http://gamebanana.com/games/5547, but I haven't seen any new releases of mods.

Sounds like renaming "Brawl Vault" to "Smash Vault" will definitely be easier to do over mirroring the layout of everything and slapping a new logo on top. The only worry that comes to mind is how would stage or character selection work? Characters would be easy since most carried over to the newer version of the game, but the stage list would almost double. All those images would have to be separated with a Brawl and Sm4sh Divider. Just a thought.

Is there a different thread going on where everyone is talking about this? Or just PMs as of now?
    Sm4sh will get its own CSS on the Vault, don't worry about that.

The talk's between the Staff at the moment.

He tried to profit off his Shadow hack by linking it to something completely unrelated.
    We deleted a few more of his most-downloaded submissions not too long ago. He edited quite a few of his most-downloaded with adfly links.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #588 on: May 04, 2016, 07:13:48 PM »

If you guys want to get your feet wet with Smash mods, use this with SDCafiine.
    http://pastebin.com/ES053DpJ

You can also download nus3bank music files from Smash Custom Music. They work (replaced the remixed Ken's theme with Guile's SF4 theme). Use the drop down template and choose Smash on Wii U.
    It has everything but the Bayonetta music, which I have a pic of.

guiles theme cool
    bro fist
    anyways another method of injecting hacks is to dump your game via DDD app, and than just replace content in the appropriate area
    remember to back up everything always
    i havent tried it but should work and i think ive heard about it.

Also would someone be so kind to pm Wario's nut model, folder structure, and the plugins needed for 3ds max to vertex hack it?
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:15:19 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #589 on: May 04, 2016, 07:40:56 PM »

Is this kernel exploit for FW 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 only, or can it also work for FW 5.4.0?  Either way, this is some great news!

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #590 on: May 04, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »

Is this kernel exploit for FW 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 only, or can it also work for FW 5.4.0?  Either way, this is some great news!

If you're on 5.4.0 there's no reason not to update to 5.5.1

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #591 on: May 07, 2016, 02:16:26 AM »

If you're on 5.4.0 there's no reason not to update to 5.5.1
    well 5.4.0 for a long time had kernel and everything like 5.3.2, im still on 5.3.2 and i see no reason to go to 5.5.1 yet since nothing is exclusive to 5.5.1 as off now.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #592 on: May 07, 2016, 03:16:38 AM »

well 5.4.0 for a long time had kernel and everything like 5.3.2, im still on 5.3.2 and i see no reason to go to 5.5.1 yet since nothing is exclusive to 5.5.1 as off now.

5.4 had kernel? Never mind then lol. I was probably thinking of 5.5.0

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »

IDK where else to ask this, and GBATemp isn't helping me that much. To those who have experience already with Smash mods...

1. How would I add on to a patch? I want to use TS4M's mod pack alongside a song titles file I edited, but IDK how to do that. I tried dragging and dropping the packed files from his RAR over the open directories in Sm4shExplorer, but Sm4shExplorer doesn't like that. I feel so limited.
    2. When I open an extracted CSP from a .nut file (just to test out the texture extractor), all I get is black with some random pixels. I downloaded the DDS plugin for Photoshop to open the files.

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #594 on: May 07, 2016, 01:04:55 PM »

IDK where else to ask this, and GBATemp isn't helping me that much. To those who have experience already with Smash mods...

1. How would I add on to a patch? I want to use TS4M's mod pack alongside a song titles file I edited, but IDK how to do that. I tried dragging and dropping the packed files from his RAR over the open directories in Sm4shExplorer, but Sm4shExplorer doesn't like that. I feel so limited.
    I had trouble with that too at first. Basically, don't replace the file, but the entire folder. Let's say, for example, you wanna replace
    palutena -> model -> model.nut & model.nud
    you don't drag n' drop the nut/nud files over the ones in the explorer, but you take the "model" folder from the pack you downloaded and drop it into the character (in this case palutena) folder. That will overwrite any files found in there.

In short, replace entire folders, not single files one by one (god, I'm terrible at explaining). Also sorry, can't help you with your second question, didn't do anything with the CSP yet and I don't use Photoshop either.
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:07:44 PM by Taigiry » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #595 on: May 07, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »

I understand the replacing of folders, but part of my problem lies in the "packed" files.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #596 on: May 07, 2016, 01:11:29 PM »

I understand the replacing of folders, but part of my problem lies in the "packed" files.
    Can you post a screen on where you're trying to replace it? If you're using Sm4shExplorer, you shouldnt be seeing any kind of packed files

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #597 on: May 07, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »

Can you post a screen on where you're trying to replace it? If you're using Sm4shExplorer, you shouldnt be seeing any kind of packed files
    I really need to make myself more clear
    The files in TS4M's mod pack have packed files. However, I want to add those files to my own patch. How would I go about doing that?

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #598 on: May 07, 2016, 01:48:00 PM »

I really need to make myself more clear
    The files in TS4M's mod pack have packed files. However, I want to add those files to my own patch. How would I go about doing that?
    Ohh, so you're only trying to take bits and pieces from his and put it in your own?

Go ahead and make a backup of the vanilla patch folder from your dump. Then, take TS4M's pack, and replace it in the patch folder that Sm4shEditor reads and overwrite and files that is wants to. Now when you open Sm4shEditor, it wlll think that TS4M's patch folder is vanilla. You can then extrat whatever you want. Then, put the vanilla patch folder (the one you backed up) back in the place that Sm4shEditor reads from (replacing the TS4M patch files). Then add the files you extracted back into the vanilla patch. Then pack it all up and put it on your SD.

I think that will work. It does in my head. I've never tried it.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #599 on: May 07, 2016, 02:00:58 PM »

I see. So trick the editor to think that the patch he made is the legit one? That does make sense. I'll give it a try later.

Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 49
    Print
    Jump to: