Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Get Featured on the KC:MM Blog (2015)  (Read 14173 times)
Ricky (Br3)
KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »

I agree. I'm willing to test his stuff on the wii, even though I know there will can be a problem with most of them. I wish he could do some model rebuilding like Large Leader has been doing for optimization.

That said, I had actually tested his Chrom, which is lower poly since it was originally not a playable character. It definitely has an excellent model and a solid rig. The only thing that bothered me about it was the texture.

It feels for me like he overdid the desaturated look for Brawl's clothes. By looking at Chrom's official look, you can easily tell.

On Jaystring's hack, the hair is darker than his clothes, when in the original game, the clothes are darker than the hair. So, it isn't just a bit off, it is quite off.

I made an edited version for my own use, darkened while keeping the details. But even if I did release it as a collab, I wouldn't be able to feature (since I worked on it), and I can't bring myself to feature it as it is. It's quite a lame situation, I must admit...
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:13:50 AM by Ricky D. (Br3) » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »

Awesome, it looks great.
    He's finally released!

I agree. I'm willing to test his stuff on the wii, even though I know there will can be a problem with most of them. I wish he could do some model rebuilding like Large Leader has been doing for optimization.

That said, I had actually tested his Chrom, which is lower poly since it was originally not a playable character. It definitely has an excellent model and a solid rig. The only thing that bothered me about it was the texture.

It feels for me like he overdid the desaturated look for Brawl's clothes. By looking at Chrom's official look, you can easily tell.

On Jaystring's hack, the hair is darker than his clothes, when in the original game, the clothes are darker than the hair. So, it isn't just a bit off, it is quite off.

I made an edited version for my own use, darkened while keeping the details. But even if I did release it as a collab, I wouldn't be able to feature (since I worked on it), and I can't bring myself to feature it as it is. It's quite a lame situation, I must admit...
    Yeah, it's a pretty lame spot to be in. The work is all there, however, only select people can properly use it.
    I'd suggest making blog posts about Dolphin exclusive mods, but there aren't very many of those.
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:33:06 PM by Program » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 02:07:42 AM »

I wish he could do some model rebuilding like Large Leader has been doing for optimization.

Ayyyyyyy, dat shout out.

Anyways, for Chrom keep in mind that he edited the smash4 textures. He probably edited it from there a slight bit to try and make it fit into brawl, but nothing amazingly drastic (I had a copy of Chrom myself back when I was working on him, and while he is quite desaturated it's quite close). So keep that in mind.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:10:28 AM by Large Leader » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 10:21:56 AM »

It's actually darker:

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 11:42:05 AM »

The normals channels have to be put on the diffuse and have filters and stuff applied to them. While jaystrings is indeed desaturated (i remember the cape having more color) I never got the way fact smash4 result either from myself or from another person who helped me figure out how to do the textures.

There are.just some things that we can't replicate tight now. Maybe we'll.have to UAE different filters and such (satoshi figured out that a certain filter setting works better for skin even though its usually used for everything).

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »

Small issue with the Inkling Mario:

I dunno why this happens, but the ponytail and elastic seem super bright in all stages I tried. I thought it'd be because I first tried using it on Brawl Final Destination, but it carried over to all stages.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »

In just downloaded the files myself, and took this on my Wii -

I'm curious, are you using dolphin?

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 03:35:29 PM »

I use dolphin for screenshots and to record the videos for the features.

I'll give it a go on the Wii to make sure.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: August 14, 2015, 03:46:28 PM »

I use dolphin for screenshots and to record the videos for the features.

I'll give it a go on the Wii to make sure.
    If it works correctly on the Wii that means it's a Dolphin problem, however, I think I know how to fix it. I'll post the Dolphin fix for you to try here, and if it fixes it then I'll update the download to have a dolphin version.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2015, 04:26:38 PM »

Tested on the Wii and it works alright. Weird. I'd still feature since it works on the Wii, but please submit the Dolphin version, so everyone can enjoy the hack.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: August 14, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »

Yeah, Brawlbox has trouble displaying the hair too for some reason.
    As for a fix would you mind letting me know if this works.
    Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/6w0992ljqi5w9x5/DolphinTest.zip
    I don't have Dolphin (my computer can barley handle normal tasks let alone Dolphin)
    I'd love to fix it so it's usable to everyone, however, unless you or someone else is willing and kind enough to test it for me I can only assume I've fixed it.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 11:10:14 PM »

Yup, the fix worked like a charm. Congrats Cheesy

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »

Yeah, because such a great hack don't deserve a featuring becuse of a texture brightness "issue" that only you find worth of a big deal lol

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »

If the brightness/saturation/contrast is too much of an issue, I have an alternative submission you could feature.

And that feature being BB v0.76b.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209338
    I feel it's gotten enough updates to warrant a feature.

Edit: On second thought, Snoopy's Inklings aren't one slot, which will cause many issues.
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:28:22 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 01:55:48 PM »

Yeah, because such a great hack don't deserve a featuring becuse of a texture brightness "issue" that only you find worth of a big deal lol

I wouldn't feature a model that's supposed to represent Mario if his clothes are pink instead of red. Or something supposed to represent Super Sonic but it's green instead of yellow.

The texturing is just as important as everything else on the model. If the model excels in almost every single aspect but lacks in just one, then it might not get a feature.

The Splatoon models recently released by Snoopy, for example, are amazing models, and great in pretty much every aspect. They have, however, hitbox issues due to messed bones. Bone problems are a big no.

Those are my standards. If you have any problem with my standards for blog featuring, remember we have 11 other Blog Curators who have just as much power to feature as I do.

Anyways, taking all that into account, every other model from Jaystring jumps ahead of Chrom on the line for a feature.

If the brightness/saturation/contrast is too much of an issue, I have an alternative submission you could feature.

And that feature being BB v0.76b.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209338
    I feel it's gotten enough updates to warrant a feature.

Edit: On second thought, Snoopy's Inklings aren't one slot, which will cause many issues.

I'm planning to feature Brawlbox, but only when I can make a nice Brawlbox tutorial for dummies to go on the video.

Have you guys been checking the blog, by the way? It has been updated quite often this month. We already had 3 features, with more on the way.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: