Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character highlight crash  (Read 1385 times)
LIGHT_GUNNER
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 21, 2015, 03:08:35 PM »

So I'm currently working on a custom Project M build, but I hit a snag. I must done something wrong, since whenever I try to move my cursor over Marth to select him on the character select screen, the game crashes. However, I have gotten Marth once by use of random select. Any ideas on how to fix this?

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:55:34 PM »

Sounds like a CSP problem. I've noticed when I modded P:M that it's SUPER-picky about the EXACT size of the file.(e.g. If the one already in the brres is 64 KB, then it may be picky if you have a picture that takes up 63 or 65 KB of space; note: this is just an example, so it may not be THAT picky, as well as the exact size may vary) So try editing the CSP in MS Paint, deleting small parts of the picture, until the size is the same as the P:M one, and this should fix it. Cause I had a similar CSS freezing problem before I did this with mine.

LIGHT_GUNNER
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 01:46:02 PM »

Sounds like a CSP problem. I've noticed when I modded P:M that it's SUPER-picky about the EXACT size of the file.(e.g. If the one already in the brres is 64 KB, then it may be picky if you have a picture that takes up 63 or 65 KB of space; note: this is just an example, so it may not be THAT picky, as well as the exact size may vary) So try editing the CSP in MS Paint, deleting small parts of the picture, until the size is the same as the P:M one, and this should fix it. Cause I had a similar CSS freezing problem before I did this with mine.

Sorry I'm extremely late on this reply, but I had to ask about the CSP crashing you tried helping me with.

So I had an original mod for Snake with CSPs and everything which worked. I replaced the model and the CSPs with something else, and now the game crashes when I try to choose Snake. So then, I put back the model and CSPs to the ones that worked before, but it STILL crashes! What should I do?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »

Hmm. Dunno about that one, unfortunately. Tongue

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: