Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where to begin in my tree of woe.."  (Read 1263 times)
aznkillermage
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:32:23 PM »

NOTE: I am experienced in using ocarina code manager and I have hacked my wii. Currently have home brew channel along with riivolution, project m, and gecko

So one day I happen to stumble on a modded character on YouTube an I though "hey! That seems neat!"
I download the files I need for the character, but when I open my sd card, I realized I don't have a filed called pf for brawl. This is probably due to the fact that I didn't hack the iso, or because I can't transfer the brawl data from my wii to my sd card ([censored] off Nintendo).
So to work around this, I downloaded the file patch code by phantom wings and  I put it in code manager on my pc. I named the code "File Patch Code" and for the game id, I put ssbb's game Id (NTSC-USA). I downloaded it onto the root of my sd card and I created the file pf/fighter/Mario. I put the character files in there. After, I put my sd card in my wifi and i booted up my wifi. Loaded gecko and enabled file patch code. The problem was, gecko couldn't read it. When it ran brawl everything was normal...
Could anyone tell me what I did wrong?
Do I need to use riivolution to load the character files?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:56:41 PM by aznkillermage » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:15:23 PM »

You need to use the correct names and such. Where it says to put SSBB's Game ID, I believe you're supposed to put "RSBE" or "RSBE01", and the "pf" folder shouldn't be in the root of the SD card. It's actually supposed to look like this(Standard Gecko folder format):

SD Card Root->private->wii->app->RSBE->pf->fighter->mario

Also, the file patch code .gct file should be named "RSBE01" and put in the "codes" folder on the root of the SD card.

Also, I saw that you mentioned that you couldn't copy Brawl's stuff from your Wii to your SD card. But you don't need to(There's already a link to the complete ISO in the Resources section of kc-mm, and you can download each file and/or folder individually, or you can select an alternate viewing mode by logging into Gmail, saving the Google Drive files to your Drive, and then selecting which ones you want to download in Drive), and you can also use this to transfer the .iso from the Wii to your PC, and then use Dolphin to extract the files: http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Wii-Games-on-Dolphin-Emulator

aznkillermage
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:23:27 PM »

i just realized I made a noob mistake...
    I used a 16 gigabyte hc sd card..

I need to see if my 1 gig sd card works
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:00:08 AM by aznkillermage » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: