Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BrawlEx cosmetics refuse to work. [solved]  (Read 1281 times)
carbuncle700
Expert Kitten

鬼神 Kill Em All 1989

View Profile Awards
« on: November 26, 2015, 04:29:48 AM »

I've been away from Brawl modding for quite a bit, so I recently decided to mess with it again.
After 2 days of tinkering, I finally figured out how to get BrawlEx working and clone characters.
However, any time I've tried adding custom cosmetic graphics, it just doesn't work.

Basically, the custom CSP, Name, and Selection portrait all show up on the CSS, but then when I go to the Stage Select screen, the stock icons are question marks. Choosing a stage makes the game just sorta stop.
It doesn't exactly crash, it just stops at the loading fade, after the audience sound plays. I'm able to press both the home button to bring up the menu, or the reset button to reload the game without codes applied.

I've added the all the necessary files: battle portraits, result portaits, even stock icons;
I'm currently using the most up to date release of the Clone Engine, along with the the filepatch code and the CSS expansion. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong.. the characters work just fine with the default cosmetic .DAT files.

I have a Lucas clone on slot 3F (cosmetic 110), and a Ness clone on 40 (cosmetic 111).

edit: I tested even further and tried swapping out my files with ones from a premade modpack and it still just soft locks after "Ready to Fight!" appears on the stage selection screen.

update: I've figured out the problem. Apparently, using the Sammi's older Clone Tool corrupted the hell outta my Brawlex files. Long story short, recreating the slots from scratch fixed pretty much everything. On top of that, some of my portraits had the wrong internal names [MenSelchrChrFaceB.xxx in char_bust_tex portraits should've been just MenSelchrFaceB.xxx, MenSelchrChrFace.xxx in the BP's should've just been InfFace.xxx]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:57:41 PM by carbuncle700 » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: