Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A bit of confusion  (Read 1030 times)
ZXNova
Newbie Kitten

Life is an explosion!

View Profile Awards
« on: November 26, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »

So I was going through the Brawl Vault and looking up and downloading texture skin packs, but I'm a bit confused on some things. Like for instance, what am I supposed to do with the CSP folders, and how do I know if that texture pack works with Project M? Like, there are some that specifically say so (like the Sm4sh Sonic texture pack), but there are others I'm kinda lost on like the Shadow Generations texture pack. (description said it might not work on PM, but the dl was made recently so...)

Basically, how do I know if the texture replacement will work, and what do I do with the other stuff that comes with the pack?

One last thing, is there a way to 'add' skin options rather than replace it?

ZXNova, the SupremeExplosion

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 09:39:04 PM »

1. In answer to your question on how to tell if a skin is compatible, look at the filesize of the .pcs file from the mod, and look at the filesize of the original Brawl .pcs of the same one.(You can find the fighter folder with these .pcs files in the Resources section of kc-mm) If the filesize is equal to or less than the original Brawl's filesize, it should work fine.

2. In answer to your question about what to do with the "CSP"s(Hopefully you mean the .png files that are 128x160), go to the folder "menu2" in your Project M build, open up "sc_selcharacter.pac"(You'll have to use a later BrawlBox in order to actually read the file), and then if you click the +'s on the "Texture Data"s, you should see other pictures that are 128x160(It'll say what dimensions on the right side of BrawlBox). Right-click the green icon where the texture name of the character skin you want to replace is, and click "Replace", then click the picture from the mod. Then save the file in BrawlBox.

3. There are ways to add skin options, rather than replace them, but it's really really difficult. It's called BrawlEx and/or cBliss. Don't ask me anything about either of those 2, though, as I dunno.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: