Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (DEAD) theniftytables's old PSA hread  (Read 5061 times)
theniftytable
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 12, 2015, 06:54:17 PM »

Hi there!

I guess this is sorta the place where I'm gonna be "showcasing" the PM movesets that I'm making. I'll also use this as a place where you guys can offer suggestions or ideas for said movesets. Hopefully you guys enjoy them!

CURRENT MOVESET PLANS
I decided to make a list of movesets that I plan on making at the moment. I'm open for any ideas you may have for them.

- Various "Game-accurate" Characters
My goal for these movesets is to change/add moves that will make certain characters feel more like they do in their games, without drastically changing everything so it'll be easier to get used to their moves. This means that a lot of these moves will most likely be simple animation edits, but there will still be some new moves here and there.

Characters I want to edit at the moment
Mario [IN PROGRESS]
Moveset changes
Dash Attack - Spin Dash
This move from Paper Mario (N64) has Mario put his fist in the air and do a spinning kick across a short distance. It's somewhat similar to Mega Man's Top Spin from SSB4. Has a fast startup and little end lag, but it does a very small amount of damage and has very little hitstun.

Side Smash - Hammer
This move, along with most of the hammer moves in this PSA, is mostly a simple animation edit that has Mario swinging a hammer in a similar fashion to most of the Mario RPG games. Has a very slight increase in range at the cost of a very slight decrease in damage/knockback.

Up Smash - Hammer
This move, along with most of the hammer moves in this PSA, is mostly a simple animation edit that has Mario swinging a hammer in a similar fashion to King Dedede's up smash. Has a very slight increase in range at the cost of a very slight decrease in damage/knockback.

FAir - Hammer
This move, along with most of the hammer moves in this PSA, is mostly a simple animation edit that has Mario swinging a hammer downwards, spiking any opponents unlucky enough to be within it's range. Has a very slight increase in range at the cost of a very slight decrease in damage/knockback.

Neutral Special - Fireball
This move will come out slightly faster than before. Possibly a little bit slower than Falco's blaster.

Side Special - Galaxy Spin
Since the cape is getting moved to the Up Special, the famous spin attacks from Super Mario Galaxy will replace this move. It will function mostly the same as before, the only difference being that it no longer flips opponents around, but will be given a rather impressive boost in knockback.

Up Special - Cape
For the most part, the Up Special will function the same. It will simply be re-animated into Mario flying upwards with his cape like he does in Super Mario World. It will have a slight increase in distance and startup lag, but will be given a slight decrease in damage as well as removing the coin effect from the attack.

Down Special - F.L.U.D.D.
Basically Mario's DSpecial from VBrawl/Sm4sh but with a slower charge, less startup lag when firing, and possibly a very small bit of damage.

Pummel - Coin Punch
Basically, this move will be re-animated into a slightly faster version of Wario's pummel in Project M. Where he holds opponents up in the air and punches coins out of them like he would a coin block.

Forward Throw - Veggie Toss
Mario's forward throw will be changed to act more like how he would throw objects and enemies in SMB2/Super Mario USA. Opponents will be thrown at a slightly more downward angle than before.

Up Throw - F.L.U.D.D.
Mario will toss the grabbed foe up in the air before pulling out F.L.U.D.D. and launching them even higher up in the air with water.

Down Throw - F.L.U.D.D.
Similar to his new up throw, Mario will throw his opponent to the ground and blast them in the face with water using F.L.U.D.D.

Final Smash - Starman
Okay, I know it's been done already in other PSAs, but how could this NOT be Mario's final smash? In my opinion, it makes a lot more sense than the slow, easily avoidable Kamehameha-knockoff than they gave him in Brawl.

Anyways, for his new final smash, Mario will pull out a Starman powerup. Which makes him much faster and gives him a constant, devestating hitbox. Effectively turning himself into a flashy, invulnerable, multicolored death sentence for a short amount of time. All while playing that goofy song that everyone similtaniously loves and fears.

GENERAL NOTES ABOUT THIS PSA
-I wanted to bring F.L.U.D.D. back/incorporate it into moves other that the DSpecial because I feel like it could've been so much more useful in Brawl. So I figured I could give it another chance.
-Mario will generally be more "cartoony" in terms of animations. Hopefully it'll make him feel more like he does in his actual games.
Luigi
Meta Knight
Ness

- Feraligatr
As much as I love Squirtle/Blastoise, there's already quite a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon in the game. So I thought to myself, "Hey, Johto was pretty awesome. And Pichu's gone, so there's no more pokemon to represent it". So, for the sake of some generation diversity (and the fact that this Pokemon is awesome anyway) here's Feraligatr!

- Torterra
Basically for the same reason as Feraligatr. I figured there could at least be one more Sinnoh Pokemon to give Lucario some company. Also, let's be honest, Torterra's pretty awesome.

Well, this all I've got right now. I hope you enjoy what I have so far. And, if you have an idea or suggestion for these movesets, PLEASE let me know. I'm really bad at coming up with moves.

Anyways, thanks for reading and have a nice day!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:10:26 AM by theniftytable » Logged

Blueblur22
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 11:41:35 PM »

Since Mario is a game that focuses on power ups it would be cool if Mario had  power-up modes the same way the Goku psa's have a SSJ  and Kaiken mode.   A lot similar to Mario DK's SMBZ Mario in that Mario could have modes that could switch him from Fire Mario to Raccon Mario/ Cape Mario to Tanooki suit Mario. You don't have to use these power-ups I'm just throwing out examples. Something a lot similar to what Mario does at :45 and 1:02 in this vid:
<a href="http://youtu.be/fZENAhC9kzM?t=45s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/fZENAhC9kzM?t=45s</a>

theniftytable
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »

Since Mario is a game that focuses on power ups it would be cool if Mario had  power-up modes the same way the Goku psa's have a SSJ  and Kaiken mode.   A lot similar to Mario DK's SMBZ Mario in that Mario could have modes that could switch him from Fire Mario to Raccon Mario/ Cape Mario to Tanooki suit Mario.
Although I agree that it would be cool to have powerup mode stuff like this since they're such a big part of the games, I'm not the most experienced in making PSAs. So I don't think I'd be able to include modes and stuff. Plus, it would kinda make it hard for those who want to have custom costumes for the Bros if the movesets need specific models for them to work.

However, I DO plan on giving them moves BASED on their powerups since I want to make sure Mario and Luigi feel like they're more "canon" in a way. But I don't really know which powerups could apply to which moves. I also don't want to make them TOO powerup based because then they'd probably just become clone characters. Which is why I want to give them stuff from other games like the RPG games (*COUGH COUGH* HAMMERS) and some character specific things like maybe giving Luigi the Poltergust or letting Mario use FLUDD except making it not a terrible move.

theniftytable
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:41:58 PM »

I updated the list of characters I plan on making. Feel free to make any suggestions you want!

PseudoTypical
Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 09:40:52 PM »

Very excited to see something with these Pokemon, particularly for PM. I think there's plenty of material from which to derive their movesets, but let me know if you want any specifics. A few startup questions:

* Do you have models for each of these? If not, I would start with their X/Y models and find someone to texture them well once the project is far enough along.
    * Can we see some examples of your PSA/animation skills? Or, if you haven't made much yet in a presentable fashion, it'd be nice to get some .gif's whenever you're ready.
    * Which order are you going to do these in? Will it be done one at a time or simultaneously? It changes the nature of the projects a lot.

You seem ambitious about this, so I'll be happy to see the first results of your work. Smiley

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 12:44:44 AM »

* Do you have models for each of these? If not, I would start with their X/Y models and find someone to texture them well once the project is far enough along.
    * Can we see some examples of your PSA/animation skills? Or, if you haven't made much yet in a presentable fashion, it'd be nice to get some .gif's whenever you're ready.
    * Which order are you going to do these in? Will it be done one at a time or simultaneously? It changes the nature of the projects a lot.

You seem ambitious about this, so I'll be happy to see the first results of your work. Smiley
    * Not at the moment. I pretty sure there's a Torterra model on the vault, though.

* I'm gonna be totally honest, I literally have no idea what I'm doing. I'm honestly just going off of tutorials and stuff. So, once I get the hang of this stuff, I'll get some .gifs ready.

* Well, if we're talking about Pokemon specifically, I'll probably start with Torterra since that's the only one with an available model. And I'll try to work simultaneously. But if something comes up in my personal life or something, there's not much I can do.

Also you're right, I am pretty ambitious. Probably a bit too ambitious. But hey, thanks for the support!

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 12:39:46 PM »

This website could help if you're still looking for models!

http://roestudios.co.uk/project/3d-pokemon-models/

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 01:05:28 PM »

My suggestion to you is to only focus on one moveset for the time or you will use lose enthusiasm about the one that's currently under work.
    Maybe don't start with a full character the skills you're looking to develop aren't easy and take a good amount of time.
    -Omni

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »

This website could help if you're still looking for models!

http://roestudios.co.uk/project/3d-pokemon-models/
    Thank you!

Maybe don't start with a full character the skills you're looking to develop aren't easy and take a good amount of time.
    -Omni
    This is why I plan on making maybe one or two of the "Game-Accurate" characters first. Since they won't require as many major changes, I'll be able to get used to how this moveset stuff works.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: