Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Project M 4.0?  (Read 47229 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 12:08:52 PM »

You're right. I'll try to see if Nano can approve of this and I'll start small for now.
    Also, I thought you meant Sammy over snake. I'll try to get Sammi Huskey and some other modders in on this project.

Post Merge: January 11, 2016, 12:04:01 PM
    Wait. Nano for Nanobud?
    Yes, Nano, Nanobuds, etc.

And I wouldn't bother to ask for permissions in your case. The PMDT has issued a blanket statement that they do not wish people to make a new big mod out of their own big mod, and have done all they could to hide the existence of the leaked files.
    You're going to get a big resounding No. Heck, you already got it earlier in this thread.

Whether you do as they say regardless is up to you, although I'll once again warn you against aiming for the moon.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:10:36 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »

Ridley
    Waluigi(marioning64ds
    Geno(MarioDk)
    Skull kid
    Tetra
    Shadow
    Possibly pichu and Young link
    And more alternate costumes for characters
    And once I get permission to use the characters, I'll post a version including Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 02:11:55 PM »

I wish you best of luck.

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »

The entire first page idea was riddled with thoughts on how and WHY it was a bad idea, and you somehow managed to circumvent ALL OF IT and still go ahead with with it.

DO NOT.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 02:50:33 PM »

Ridley
    Waluigi(marioning64ds
    Geno(MarioDk)
    Skull kid
    Tetra
    Shadow
    Possibly pichu and Young link
    And more alternate costumes for characters
    And once I get permission to use the characters, I'll post a version including Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac

Honestly. MK just finished his Waluigi PSA after years, and you just want to put it in some random Project M "expansion"?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 04:12:52 PM »

No. I'm doing more with it. Trust me, he'll have his own port along with the others

Post Merge: January 11, 2016, 04:16:20 PM
    Unless you  guys really believe this is just another bad idea.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:16:20 PM by NoWon1196 » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »

Let it not be said that we discourage initiative here. But to be perfectly honest with you, there's a pile of dead "projects" on both this forum and Smashboards that wanted to re-invent the game and stayed in the planning stages forever.

It takes probably a good two or three weeks to make a clean import, retextures and all. Making a new moveset and animating it takes months. Now there's all the voice clips to add, the various UI elements, yada yada. That's for one character, in a vacuum, not even interacting with the rest of the cast, or with stages or anything.
    You are looking at something like a 2-3 year investment of your life, under the assumption that you'll have about as much free time as you do now. And that's if you get a lot of people to help you.

People don't join projects for their ideas. They join projects that already have proofs of concept done to begin with, and look like they have the momentum to keep going. Which is why I said that you should start making stuff on your own that's not a part of your project.

Here, you know what, I'll just link you a video at this point. It's about "making your first game", and it applies just as to "making your first mod/project" These guys make games for a living, so listen to them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06QR-tz1_o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06QR-tz1_o</a>

1- Keep a reasonable scope.
    2- Don't go into a project with a specific idea of how it has to be.
    3- Design your project around your skills.
    4- Don't give up.

#4 is just as important as the others. We're not trying to make you give up on your dreams, we're merely pointing out that you're driving yourself into a dead-end. We know that, because you aren't the first to have made those mistakes.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:00:31 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 07:27:26 PM »

Ok. Thanks for that post, Miacis. It made me look at the project a different way. So now, I won't try to rush it and I won't use any of the leak content because I want to stay original. I'll still add some new characters to the game. Most important, I'll try hard to keep it reasonable, I'll design it with the skills I have, and I won't give up on it unlike most of the other modders. And hopefully, when this does release, It'll be a mod that everyone can enjoy

Post Merge: January 11, 2016, 07:27:32 PM
    Ok. Thanks for that post, Miacis. It made me look at the project a different way. So now, I won't try to rush it and I won't use any of the leak content because I want to stay original. I'll still add some new characters to the game. Most important, I'll try hard to keep it reasonable, I'll design it with the skills I have, and I won't give up on it unlike most of the other modders. And hopefully, when this does release, It'll be a mod that everyone can enjoy

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 07:06:28 AM »

You don't have to use the leaked content but could always make your own content based on the leaked content.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »

I will try to.

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• Awards Featured Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 10:04:40 AM »

so this is what you posted about on my video lol. try making some smaller mods or PSA edits before you try to do something so ambitious. If you attempt to tackle a project of such magnitude, you'll burn yourself out - much of this is out of your depth, quite frankly.

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »

Yeah, you're right. I'll start slow and work my way to the end but I never made a psa.

MilkBing
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: January 17, 2016, 07:58:22 AM »

Are you gonna use Brawl Ex?

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: January 17, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »

I'm trying to use the pm clone engine to make my own but if I have to, I'll just use brawlex instead!

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 01:45:01 AM »

Here's a better idea, Just stick with 3.6. Why did you think the pmbr took out "ballad of goddess," revamped drac's castle to be delfino secrets, and got shut down in the first place? Not only will it take hours of your time to hopefully get those psa's to be decents (time you'll never get back) but you'll also bring trouble to the original pmbr because legal issue are the reasons said above. Imo it'll be a lot easier to form a new pmdt that'd release one patch (base off 3.6) that includes slight balance changes with the oh so many bug fixes then be done and put the word out . It'd be simpler to do that or as others said let it die there are other game communities that's wroth being a part of (like idas).

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: