Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help to install mods (Resolved)  (Read 2761 times)
arthulek
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:12:40 PM »

Please help me. I loaded gecko on my dolphin and it said "SD codes found, applying". But it just loads the regular game. Please tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it anyone and everytime i try to put the files on the virtual sd with winimage the result is this: http://imgur.com/yQ05Yr9
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:11:26 PM by arthulek » Logged

xirtamehtsitahw
Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »

I finally figured out how to set up sd-required mods on Dolphin.

You will need the following:

1. Dolphin emulator (obviously)
    2. Virtual SD Card Maker
    3. ImDisk
    4. Gecko OS (1.9 or later)
    5. Brawl ISO (NTSC)
    6. Mod of your choice (MUST be Dolphin-compatible)
    7. Ability to follow instructions EXACTLY
    8. Ability to tolerate long-winded posts like this one (LOL)

1. Assuming you've already downloaded everything in the above list, create a 2 GB sd.raw file using Virtual SD Card Maker. It will appear in your Dolphin Emulator folder, inside the Wii sub-folder.

2. Mount the sd.raw file as a virtual disk using ImDisk. Right-click the new drive letter that pops up and select Properties from the context menu that pops up. Navigate to the Policies tab, and uncheck the box beside "Enable Write-caching". This will make sure the contents of this disk do NOT "disappear" (but still take up space) when you unmount it.

3. Make a new folder and name it "codes" on the root of your virtual disk. Copy-paste your desired mod's codes into that folder, noting what controller type you intend to use.

4. Copy-paste your desired mod's Private folder and gameconfig.txt to the root of your virtual disk.

5. If needed, copy-paste your desired mod's st folder into your virtual disk's rsbe folder (only needed if using a BrawlEx mod, I think). Make sure to unmount your virtual disk, or else the codes won't show up (you'll end up just playing default-settings Brawl).

6. Copy-paste the Gecko OS boot.elf file to the same folder as your Brawl ISO. Make sure Dolphin's ISO directory is set to detect your ISO's location.

7. Right-click your Brawl ISO icon and set it to your Default ISO.

8. Open Gecko. Set the default hook type to either OSSleepThread or AxNextFrame. Make sure the SD Cheats option is set to "Yes" or "On".

9. Select Launch Game.

10. BRAWL!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:35:49 PM by xirtamehtsitahw » Logged

arthulek
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 05:10:55 PM »

Thanks man  Grin

vbigsmoke
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »

I finally figured out how to set up sd-required mods on Dolphin.

You will need the following:

1. Dolphin emulator (obviously)
    2. Virtual SD Card Maker
    3. ImDisk
    4. Gecko OS (1.9 or later)
    5. Brawl ISO (NTSC)
    6. Mod of your choice (MUST be Dolphin-compatible)
    7. Ability to follow instructions EXACTLY
    8. Ability to tolerate long-winded posts like this one (LOL)

1. Assuming you've already downloaded everything in the above list, create a 2 GB sd.raw file using Virtual SD Card Maker. It will appear in your Dolphin Emulator folder, inside the Wii sub-folder.

2. Mount the sd.raw file as a virtual disk using ImDisk. Right-click the new drive letter that pops up and select Properties from the context menu that pops up. Navigate to the Policies tab, and uncheck the box beside "Enable Write-caching". This will make sure the contents of this disk do NOT "disappear" (but still take up space) when you unmount it.

3. Make a new folder and name it "codes" on the root of your virtual disk. Copy-paste your desired mod's codes into that folder, noting what controller type you intend to use.

4. Copy-paste your desired mod's Private folder and gameconfig.txt to the root of your virtual disk.

5. If needed, copy-paste your desired mod's st folder into your virtual disk's rsbe folder (only needed if using a BrawlEx mod, I think). Make sure to unmount your virtual disk, or else the codes won't show up (you'll end up just playing default-settings Brawl).

6. Copy-paste the Gecko OS boot.elf file to the same folder as your Brawl ISO. Make sure Dolphin's ISO directory is set to detect your ISO's location.

7. Right-click your Brawl ISO icon and set it to your Default ISO.

8. Open Gecko. Set the default hook type to either OSSleepThread or AxNextFrame. Make sure the SD Cheats option is set to "Yes" or "On".

9. Select Launch Game.

10. BRAWL!

Hi will a brawl iso work instead of a disc for geckos btw im not using dolphin emulator just a wii hacked one i mean playing brawl off usb device
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:09:27 AM by vbigsmoke » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: