Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Canon  (Read 11603 times)
thatoneguynolan
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 02:05:25 PM »

Also, wasn't Super Mario Galaxy the latest Mario game before SSBB came out? If so, it's safe to assume it's SMG Mario who's in Brawl. Should we give him a SMG based moveset?
Yep. Brawl was 2008 and Mario Galaxy was 2007. So, If you wanted to give him a SMG based moveset, then you could.

I know for a fact I'm putting some Galaxy content in the moveset I'm making for Mario. But I'm not basing my moveset entirely around Galaxy and I already kinda suck at coming up with moves, so I dunno if I could give you any ideas.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Heroic Kitten

I finally resolved the Blender importing issue!

• Awards Heart Container Helping Hand >9000 Active Contributor Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 06:20:33 PM »

Well, I was going to attempt to find the quickest method to determining which games each character is based off of. I have some theories of how to find out, and if I think I know which game, then I will download the model from that game and compare it the Brawl model to see if it's a close-enough-to-be-exact match.(i.e. Brawl uses pre-made models based on the appropriate games and basically just brightens the textures and re-UVs them)

In other words, don't worry about figuring out which game each character is based off of; I'll handle ALL of that, and then I'll post a list of which games, followed by the characters. Example of a character listing:
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Link, Zelda, Ganondorf

Post Merge: January 31, 2016, 06:24:06 PM
    P.S. It may have been the most recent right before Brawl, but that doesn't mean that's what game he's based off of. For example, Wind Waker was made in 2002, and Twilight Princess was made in 2006, or better yet, Ocarina of Time was made in 1998, and ALL THREE games have characters that are in Brawl. So after I finish posting my moveset ideas for Link, then I'll work on that list, post it, finish the ideas that I have for the other characters in Brawl, and then I'll start working on Model and Texture editing.

Post Merge: January 31, 2016, 06:38:13 PM
    Btw, I just finished the last part of my moveset ideas for Link(Though it's not much):

Up-Smash: Spin Attack
    Up-Tilt-A: The same as Toon Link's Up-Smash in Brawl
    Side-Tilt-A: Regular Attack(i.e. In TP, when you're pressing forward on the joystick and then press B)

There! Finished with the Zelda character moveset ideas! Smiley Now to work on figuring out what games each character is from. Wink
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 06:38:13 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 03:01:05 AM »

Well, I was going to attempt to find the quickest method to determining which games each character is based off of. I have some theories of how to find out, and if I think I know which game, then I will download the model from that game and compare it the Brawl model to see if it's a close-enough-to-be-exact match.(i.e. Brawl uses pre-made models based on the appropriate games and basically just brightens the textures and re-UVs them)

In other words, don't worry about figuring out which game each character is based off of; I'll handle ALL of that, and then I'll post a list of which games, followed by the characters. Example of a character listing:
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Link, Zelda, Ganondorf

Post Merge: January 31, 2016, 06:24:06 PM
    P.S. It may have been the most recent right before Brawl, but that doesn't mean that's what game he's based off of. For example, Wind Waker was made in 2002, and Twilight Princess was made in 2006, or better yet, Ocarina of Time was made in 1998, and ALL THREE games have characters that are in Brawl. So after I finish posting my moveset ideas for Link, then I'll work on that list, post it, finish the ideas that I have for the other characters in Brawl, and then I'll start working on Model and Texture editing.

Post Merge: January 31, 2016, 06:38:13 PM
    Btw, I just finished the last part of my moveset ideas for Link(Though it's not much):

Up-Smash: Spin Attack
    Up-Tilt-A: The same as Toon Link's Up-Smash in Brawl
    Side-Tilt-A: Regular Attack(i.e. In TP, when you're pressing forward on the joystick and then press B)

There! Finished with the Zelda character moveset ideas! Smiley Now to work on figuring out what games each character is from. Wink
    Ok! You've definitely done a good job coming up with ideas Smiley
    By the way, do you think we should remove Kirby's special abilities except for his up-b since the rest are copy abilities in Dreamland and Mario's fireball neutral B?
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:02:22 AM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 08:29:45 AM »

Dunno. I know practically nothing about the Kirby series, and I need to figure out which game Mario's based on before I can say for the neutral B, because in many Mario games(in particular, the SMB and SMG series), he does, in fact, use fireball commonly.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 09:56:51 AM »

Dunno. I know practically nothing about the Kirby series, and I need to figure out which game Mario's based on before I can say for the neutral B, because in many Mario games(in particular, the SMB and SMG series), he does, in fact, use fireball commonly.
    He needed a fire flower in Galaxy, but other than that yeah, he did have the ability to use fire without a FF in SM RPG: LOTSS, that's true.

thatoneguynolan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 11:12:33 PM »

He needed a fire flower in Galaxy, but other than that yeah, he did have the ability to use fire without a FF in SM RPG: LOTSS, that's true.
    Mario always seems to have been associated with fire. Like, he's got the Firebrand ability from M&L: Superstar Saga, he can light stuff on fire without any real effort in the Sports games, And, if you really want to stretch it, he and Luigi can throw fireballs without a Fire Flower in Mario Kart Double Dash. But that was more of a "special move" thing since it would shoot multiple fireballs at once and they could only do it if they got it from an item box.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 05:52:42 AM »

Mario always seems to have been associated with fire. Like, he's got the Firebrand ability from M&L: Superstar Saga, he can light stuff on fire without any real effort in the Sports games, And, if you really want to stretch it, he and Luigi can throw fireballs without a Fire Flower in Mario Kart Double Dash. But that was more of a "special move" thing since it would shoot multiple fireballs at once and they could only do it if they got it from an item box.
    Fair enough. I just found out that LOTSS and M&L are canon since LOTSS has Birdo's first appearance, and Luigi has his vacuum from L's M in M&L  ^^

By the way, I thought about something regarding Marth: He's never had any abilities that involve him striking at his opponents multiple times with a single attack in the FE games. The closest thing to Dancing Blade is Astra, but that was only available to Marth when he became a king. However, Marth as he is seen in Brawl is when he's the prince (Mei Ling confirms this in Snake's codec conversation)
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:05:31 AM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

Lillith
    Holy Kitten

Resident Lunatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Starstormer Fiery Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 02:12:32 PM »

Marth's Dancing Blade is a reference to Hero weapons, actually, being it possible to strike four times consecutively.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 05:58:00 AM »

Ok! I have the list! Cheesy Do note, though, that 4 of the Brawl characters are my guesses on where they're from, and not known to me if they're true. Man, though, did this take forever to find. And I still couldn't find any info on those 4 characters.(With the exception if alternate palette swaps, but I meant info on the regular, default model)Tongue

Note: Any time that I use the word "hybrid", I simply mean that the Brawl character is based off of all
           the games listed as "hybrid".

Known Exactly Which Games:

Smash Original Designs(AKA Parts from different games) - Fox, R.O.B.(Note: R.O.B. Is hybrid-based on the
           NES Robotic Operating Buddy and on R.O.B.'s Japanese colour scheme for the Famicom)
    (Note: Click the word "Fox" for a picture of the references.)
    Donkey Kong 64 - Diddy Kong(Note: Diddy's design is hybrid both DK64 and Diddy Kong's Quest)
    F-Zero GX - Captain Falcon
    Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Marth
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Ike
    Game & Watch Gallery - Mr. Game & Watch
    Ice Climber - Ice Climbers
    Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters - Pit
    Kirby Air Ride - Meta Knight
    Kirby Super Star - King Dedede
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Sheik
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Ganondorf, Link, Zelda
    Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Toon Link
    Mario Party 4: Donkey Kong, Luigi(Luigi's Also Hybrid Luigi's Mansion)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Snake
    Metroid Zero Mission - Samus, Zero-Suit Samus
    Mother 3 - Lucas, Ness(Note: Ness's design is hybrid both Mother 2 and Mother 3)
    Pikmin - Olimar
    Pokemon(Red Version) - Pokemon Trainer(And his Pokemon)
    Pokemon(Diamond/Pearl Version) - Lucario
    Star Fox Assault - Wolf(Note: Wolf's design was hybrid Assault and Star Fox Command, but mostly Assault)
    Star Fox Command - Falco
    Super Mario Sunshine/Mario Party 4 Hybrid - Bowser, Mario(Mario's Also Hybrid Luigi's Mansion), Peach,
           Yoshi
    WarioWare, Inc - Biker Wario(Note: Classic Wario is based off of his classic, Mario-like design)

Unknown Which Games, but I have guesses with explanations; please give your opinions on them:

Kirby-
           My Idea - Kirby Super Star, with a possible Kirby Air Ride hybrid
           Explanation - King Dedede, the main antagonist in the Kirby series, is from the Kirby Super Star
                  game, as is the stage in Brawl. Secondarily, Meta Knight has his design based on Kirby Air
                  Ride, which is why I think maybe we should do a hybrid.
           Misc. Info That I Did Not Understand - Here
    Pikachu-
           My Idea - Pokemon(Red Version)
           Explanation - Both Lucario and Pokemon Trainer are based on their original cameo appearances, so
                  I think it would make sense for the other Pokemon, as well.
    Jigglypuff-
           Explanation - See Above Explanation
    Sonic-
           My Idea - Sonic and the Secret Rings
           Explanation - Looking at the Brawl Trophy model, it mentions 2 games, one being "SONIC THE
                  HEDGEHOG (1991)", and the other being "Sonic and the Secret Rings ". It literally says the
                  year for the first one, but not the second one, because the first one is much older, and
                  being as how there are many, many Sonic games in between that one and "Sonic and the Secret
                  Rings", logically that means that that game must be more relevant than the in-between games
                  to the Brawl model. Also, on top of that, the model from Secret Rings looks pretty close to
                  Brawl's model.

Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 06:46:00 AM
    Btw, Important Note: Atm, I won't do anything with this project, but only for about a week or so, max(Whenever I finish with my essay, then I'll resume), because I have an essay due on the 10th, and I haven't started on it yet, because I was busy with shoveling and attempting my math homework, so I need time to finish that essay, so I hope you guys don't mind waiting that long for more info/ideas.

Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 08:01:55 AM
    However, first, I am going to post my ideas on Diddy Kong:

Part A(Animal Friends):

Here's my idea. Use Side-B to summon an animal friend(It will be random, with the more powerful ones being rarer), then use whatever they would've had the ability to do in the game.(For example, Rambi, the rarest to summon, would use his Supercharge, charging forward quickly, ramming stuff, but with a wait before he charges forward)

References: Diddy Kong's Quest: Animal Friends

Part B(Items):

Final Smash: Guitar Gazump(Functions similarly to Donkey Kong's Final Smash)
    B: Slight Change(Peanut Popgun) - Holding B for a full charge-up will use Homing Ammo, acting like Sonic's B, homing in on the nearest target
    Up-B: No Change(Rocketbarrel Boost)
    Down-B: Put a Kannonball in a Kannon and blast yourself from the Kannon at an angle of about 45 degrees. This move does damage enemies, since it's literally shooting a Kannon.
    Down-Tilt-A: Pull out an orange, then use a directional+A to throw it(Similar to Link's Down-B)

References:

Part C(Misc.):

Side-Smash: Chimpy Charge
    Charge-Forward+A: Slight Change(Cartwheel) - He'll knock away characters as he rolls, and I guess the best analogy I can use is like playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and sliding down a hill with Goombas all over it
    Aerial Forward-A: Tail attack(Equivalent to in DK64, if you jump and press B)
    General: Much weaker power, but much higher speed than Donkey Kong
    Aerial Down-A: Simian Slam
    Taunt: Dunno which one; Up-Taunt, maybe? See pic below, under "References" for new taunt.
    References:

Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 08:19:05 AM
    I forgot to say that my other idea is to do this with his look changes:

Have Rocketbarrel Boost more reflect the one from DK64:

Brighten Diddy's colors to more reflect his looks in DKC2:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:19:17 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 06:20:53 AM »

Ok! I have the list! Cheesy Do note, though, that 4 of the Brawl characters are my guesses on where they're from, and not known to me if they're true. Man, though, did this take forever to find. And I still couldn't find any info on those 4 characters.(With the exception if alternate palette swaps, but I meant info on the regular, default model)Tongue

Note: Any time that I use the word "hybrid", I simply mean that the Brawl character is based off of all
           the games listed as "hybrid".

Known Exactly Which Games:

Smash Original Designs(AKA Parts from different games) - Fox, R.O.B.(Note: R.O.B. Is hybrid-based on the
           NES Robotic Operating Buddy and on R.O.B.'s Japanese colour scheme for the Famicom)
    (Note: Click the word "Fox" for a picture of the references.)
    Donkey Kong 64 - Diddy Kong(Note: Diddy's design is hybrid both DK64 and Diddy Kong's Quest)
    F-Zero GX - Captain Falcon
    Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Marth
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Ike
    Game & Watch Gallery - Mr. Game & Watch
    Ice Climber - Ice Climbers
    Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters - Pit
    Kirby Air Ride - Meta Knight
    Kirby Super Star - King Dedede
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Sheik
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Ganondorf, Link, Zelda
    Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Toon Link
    Mario Party 4: Donkey Kong, Luigi(Luigi's Also Hybrid Luigi's Mansion)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Snake
    Metroid Zero Mission - Samus, Zero-Suit Samus
    Mother 3 - Lucas, Ness(Note: Ness's design is hybrid both Mother 2 and Mother 3)
    Pikmin - Olimar
    Pokemon(Red Version) - Pokemon Trainer(And his Pokemon)
    Pokemon(Diamond/Pearl Version) - Lucario
    Star Fox Assault - Wolf(Note: Wolf's design was hybrid Assault and Star Fox Command, but mostly Assault)
    Star Fox Command - Falco
    Super Mario Sunshine/Mario Party 4 Hybrid - Bowser, Mario(Mario's Also Hybrid Luigi's Mansion), Peach,
           Yoshi
    WarioWare, Inc - Biker Wario(Note: Classic Wario is based off of his classic, Mario-like design)

Unknown Which Games, but I have guesses with explanations; please give your opinions on them:

Kirby-
           My Idea - Kirby Super Star, with a possible Kirby Air Ride hybrid
           Explanation - King Dedede, the main antagonist in the Kirby series, is from the Kirby Super Star
                  game, as is the stage in Brawl. Secondarily, Meta Knight has his design based on Kirby Air
                  Ride, which is why I think maybe we should do a hybrid.
    Pikachu-
           Explanation - Both Lucario and Pokemon Trainer are based on their original cameo appearances, so
                  I think it would make sense for the other Pokemon, as well.
    Jigglypuff-
           Explanation - See Above Explanation
    Sonic-
           My Idea - Sonic and the Secret Rings
           Explanation - Looking at the Brawl Trophy model, it mentions 2 games, one being "SONIC THE
                  HEDGEHOG (1991)", and the other being "Sonic and the Secret Rings ". It literally says the
                  year for the first one, but not the second one, because the first one is much older, and
                  being as how there are many, many Sonic games in between that one and "Sonic and the Secret
                  Rings", logically that means that that game must be more relevant than the in-between games
                  to the Brawl model. Also, on top of that, the model from Secret Rings looks pretty close to
                  Brawl's model.

Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 06:46:00 AM
    Btw, Important Note: Atm, I won't do anything with this project, but only for about a week or so, max(Whenever I finish with my essay, then I'll resume), because I have an essay due on the 10th, and I haven't started on it yet, because I was busy with shoveling and attempting my math homework, so I need time to finish that essay, so I hope you guys don't mind waiting that long for more info/ideas.

Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 08:01:55 AM
    However, first, I am going to post my ideas on Diddy Kong:

Part A(Animal Friends):

Here's my idea. Use Side-B to summon an animal friend(It will be random, with the more powerful ones being rarer), then use whatever they would've had the ability to do in the game.(For example, Rambi, the rarest to summon, would use his Supercharge, charging forward quickly, ramming stuff, but with a wait before he charges forward)

References: Diddy Kong's Quest: Animal Friends

Part B(Items):

Final Smash: Guitar Gazump(Functions similarly to Donkey Kong's Final Smash)
    B: Slight Change(Peanut Popgun) - Holding B for a full charge-up will use Homing Ammo, acting like Sonic's B, homing in on the nearest target
    Up-B: No Change(Rocketbarrel Boost)
    Down-B: Put a Kannonball in a Kannon and blast yourself from the Kannon at an angle of about 45 degrees. This move does damage enemies, since it's literally shooting a Kannon.
    Down-Tilt-A: Pull out an orange, then use a directional+A to throw it(Similar to Link's Down-B)

References:

Part C(Misc.):

Side-Smash: Chimpy Charge
    Charge-Forward+A: Slight Change(Cartwheel) - He'll knock away characters as he rolls, and I guess the best analogy I can use is like playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and sliding down a hill with Goombas all over it
    Aerial Forward-A: Tail attack(Equivalent to in DK64, if you jump and press B)
    General: Much weaker power, but much higher speed than Donkey Kong
    Aerial Down-A: Simian Slam
    Taunt: Dunno which one; Up-Taunt, maybe? See pic below, under "References" for new taunt.
    References:

Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 08:19:05 AM
    I forgot to say that my other idea is to do this with his look changes:

Have Rocketbarrel Boost more reflect the one from DK64:

Brighten Diddy's colors to more reflect his looks in DKC2:

Added your Diddy ideas Cheesy
    I've also replaced Smash exclusive moves such as Aura Storm. I've also added movesets to Fox, Falco and Wolf, as well as a new Final Smash for Falcon.
    By the way, I was wondering if we should come up with ideas for characters from one franchise at a time?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 08:42:04 AM »

Well, one franchise at a time is what I'm doing right now, or at least for me, that's what I'm doing for my input, is listing one character at a time, in the order of the most popular franchises first, but listing them in the order of appearance first. (For example, the first series that I'm providing my input on is the Mario series, and in the Mario series, I'm listing Diddy Kong first, then Donkey Kong, Luigi, Bowser, Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, in that order.)

I'm note sure why we'd work on individual series at a time, though; I was thinking more along the lines of each person will work on what he can for a series, and then move onto the next series, even if the characters from that series is still being worked on, because then he can still contribute to helping with movesets and models and such. Also, me, in particular, after I finish providing my moveset & model/texture ideas/changes, I'll be working on simple imports(Like single objects and such) and textures for now, as well as preparing the other imports for rigging, making any needed custom models(Like, for example, models of the various animal friends from DKC2), and extracting the models of characters that I'm not sure how they'll be imported yet(i.e. I don't know enough about movesets yet, but I can import objects like Ganondorf's sword, with an extra bone for it, which it can be rigged to, and it can be used as a Visibility Bone, so I know that one will work). I will do this in a different order than listing my ideas; in this case, I will actually do them in the order of alphabetical per series, with the series being in the order of: Mario, Zelda, all others alphabetically. And then, after all of those models prepared and texture changes, THEN I will work on importing the rest of the models and the movesets, in the same order as I did the textures and such, IF I know that at that time.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 08:56:38 AM »

Well, one franchise at a time is what I'm doing right now, or at least for me, that's what I'm doing for my input, is listing one character at a time, in the order of the most popular franchises first, but listing them in the order of appearance first. (For example, the first series that I'm providing my input on is the Mario series, and in the Mario series, I'm listing Diddy Kong first, then Donkey Kong, Luigi, Bowser, Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, in that order.)

I'm note sure why we'd work on individual series at a time, though; I was thinking more along the lines of each person will work on what he can for a series, and then move onto the next series, even if the characters from that series is still being worked on, because then he can still contribute to helping with movesets and models and such. Also, me, in particular, after I finish providing my moveset & model/texture ideas/changes, I'll be working on simple imports(Like single objects and such) and textures for now, as well as preparing the other imports for rigging, making any needed custom models(Like, for example, models of the various animal friends from DKC2), and extracting the models of characters that I'm not sure how they'll be imported yet(i.e. I don't know enough about movesets yet, but I can import objects like Ganondorf's sword, with an extra bone for it, which it can be rigged to, and it can be used as a Visibility Bone, so I know that one will work). I will do this in a different order than listing my ideas; in this case, I will actually do them in the order of alphabetical per series, with the series being in the order of: Mario, Zelda, all others alphabetically. And then, after all of those models prepared and texture changes, THEN I will work on importing the rest of the models and the movesets, in the same order as I did the textures and such, IF I know that at that time.

Sure, that works Smiley
    I have a few ideas for Donkey Kong

New Side B: He slams down at the ground and a cannon comes down, which he jumps into and launches out of. Source:

Forward Smash: Boomerang Banana. Source:
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:06:20 PM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

thatoneguynolan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 06:13:38 PM »

New Side B: He slams down at the ground and a cannon comes down, which he jumps into and launches out of.
    To be honest, this sounds like it would be too slow of a move. I might just have the wrong idea of what you're talking about, but I feel like this would become DK's equivalent to the Falcon Punch. Where you have to be at just the right distance and have just the right timing, otherwise you're gonna get attacked before you can finish the move.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 06:32:23 PM »

Maybe I have the wrong idea, but I was picturing it more like Fox's/Falco's Side-B, where there'd be a slight delay and then a really quick shot to the side.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 02:38:03 AM »

Maybe I have the wrong idea, but I was picturing it more like Fox's/Falco's Side-B, where there'd be a slight delay and then a really quick shot to the side.
    Yeah, that's what I had in mind.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: