Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Canon  (Read 11178 times)
thatoneguynolan
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »

Alright, so next up is Kirby, MK and DDD. Question is, should we remove Kirby's down B and Forward B, since those are copy abilities he could never use at the same time?
That would probably be necessary. The problem is, what could you replace them with?

But, if you want to get sort of specific and/or lazy, Kirby DOES have a copy ability from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror that's literally just his Smash Bros moveset...

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Heroic Kitten

I finally resolved the Blender importing issue!

• Awards 3 Heart Pieces Helping Hand >9000 Active Contributor Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #91 on: March 04, 2016, 02:47:01 PM »

Ok; so I'ma back, with more ideas:

Ice Climbers:

In the game Ice Climber, player 1 plays as Popo, and player 2 plays as Nana, and never do you play as both, so I think that we should change the 6 costumes to Popo, with 2 alternate costumes, and Nana, with 2 alternate costumes.
    I also think that the colors(especially the default palette swaps) should be more saturated, like in the sprites: http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/12/19/16/85/ice_cl10.gif

R.O.B.:

Pit(Part A - Model/Texture Edits):

Replace his 2 short-swords with a Mallet, to be incorporated into the moveset
    Slightly modify the model and recolor it to properly reference the game
    Import a custom-model of Silver Armor onto him(See Moveset Edits for more info on this)

Pit(Part B - Moveset Edits):

Final Smash - Use his Harp, in the following way: http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Harp
    Up-B - Angel's Feather
    Side-B - Put a Fire Arrow on the next Neutral-B( http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Fire_Arrow )
    Down-B - Use Protective Crystal( http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Protective_Crystal )
    Neutral-B - Keep the Same
    Up-Smash/Side-Smash/Down-Smash - Swing a Mallet; it will break after swinging it, but only in animation, as it's common-enough in Of Myths and Monsters that he'd have another one; it will be really slow but deal high damage
    Side-Taunt - Pit uses his Torch, Pencil, and Check Sheet, sketching a map
    Misc - He has Silver Armor equipped, which will have him take only 50% damage constantly; however, to maintain balance in-game, he should fly twice as far
    Misc - He has constant slowfall, because in Of Myths and Monsters, his wings would have the ability to slow his decent

Lucoshi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: March 04, 2016, 03:47:15 PM »

How about some Wario Moves be derived from Mario since Wario is a "Bad Mario" for exemple his smash attacks on Smash 4 and his down arial.

Post Merge: March 04, 2016, 03:48:40 PM
    Oh and his series icon could be his nose & stache
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:48:40 PM by Lucoshi » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: March 04, 2016, 04:28:44 PM »

How about some Wario Moves be derived from Mario since Wario is a "Bad Mario" for exemple his smash attacks on Smash 4 and his down arial.

Post Merge: March 04, 2016, 03:48:40 PM
    Oh and his series icon could be his nose & stache

I think we could add in his Smash Attacks except his Forward smash, since the one he already has in Brawl is canon. And as for his series icon, sure ^^

Ok; so I'ma back, with more ideas:

Ice Climbers:

In the game Ice Climber, player 1 plays as Popo, and player 2 plays as Nana, and never do you play as both, so I think that we should change the 6 costumes to Popo, with 2 alternate costumes, and Nana, with 2 alternate costumes.
    I also think that the colors(especially the default palette swaps) should be more saturated, like in the sprites: http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/12/19/16/85/ice_cl10.gif

R.O.B.:

Pit(Part A - Model/Texture Edits):

Replace his 2 short-swords with a Mallet, to be incorporated into the moveset
    Slightly modify the model and recolor it to properly reference the game
    Import a custom-model of Silver Armor onto him(See Moveset Edits for more info on this)

Pit(Part B - Moveset Edits):

Final Smash - Use his Harp, in the following way: http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Harp
    Up-B - Angel's Feather
    Side-B - Put a Fire Arrow on the next Neutral-B( http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Fire_Arrow )
    Down-B - Use Protective Crystal( http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Protective_Crystal )
    Neutral-B - Keep the Same
    Up-Smash/Side-Smash/Down-Smash - Swing a Mallet; it will break after swinging it, but only in animation, as it's common-enough in Of Myths and Monsters that he'd have another one; it will be really slow but deal high damage
    Side-Taunt - Pit uses his Torch, Pencil, and Check Sheet, sketching a map
    Misc - He has Silver Armor equipped, which will have him take only 50% damage constantly; however, to maintain balance in-game, he should fly twice as far
    Misc - He has constant slowfall, because in Of Myths and Monsters, his wings would have the ability to slow his decent

Looking great, added ^^ Should have a few Kirby ideas up soon

Post Merge: March 05, 2016, 12:20:36 PM
    Here are my Kirby ideas with his copy abilities, but since he never has the ability to use all at the same time, we might give him a moveset consisting only of kicks and punches.

Copy Moveset.

Dash attack - Wheel

Kirby turns into a big pink wheel that zooms along the ground.

Down smash - Bomb

Equiping the Bomb Cap, Kirby raises a huge bomb above his head and throws it to the ground.

Forward Smash - Mirror

Equiping the Mirror Cap, Kirby projects a blade which can not only be used as a sharp blade to slice enemies, but also as a shield to protect him from enemies too close for comfort and their projectiles.

Up smash - Fire

Puts on the Fire Headdress and discharges a wave of fire above his head.

Forward air - Wing

Puts on a headdress and feathery wings, and charges forward.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:20:37 PM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

TheRealDylanator
    Extreme Kitten

Did Sm4sh modding kill this site? Please say no.

• Awards Tutorial Writer RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: March 07, 2016, 06:40:26 AM »

For Kirby we could just use that copy ability Master Hand gives, it's fitting. Also separating the Climbers would take away from the experience of playing as them, it leaves them weaker and more empty.

Huh, I miss this. I miss making hacks. I miss the excitement and frustration. Hmm. I don't know. maybe you'll hear from me by the end of the year. Wink

2017 edit: Nope, you didn't.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »

But it wouldn't be as much canon to have them be together, and since Nana usually dies quickly, they wouldn't be much weaker anyway. In fact, a lot of their moves would be non-canon, because they depend on each other.(Up-B, for example), so they'd need to more reflect the actual game.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: March 07, 2016, 12:14:04 PM »

What if we include seperate versions where you can play with and without the two together?

Also, should we incorporate moves not from Kirby's Air Ride for Meta Knight?

As for Dedede, I have a few animation ideas.

Forward smash now sends DDD slightly above the ground (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImpK67vbNVs 0:42)

Run animation: Replaced with Ganondorf's running animation

Jab: DDD now smashes his hammer at the ground four times.

Glide: DDD now has a glide instead of multiple jumps.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:58 PM »

What if we include seperate versions where you can play with and without the two together?

That might work. Smiley

thatoneguynolan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #98 on: March 07, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »

Also, should we incorporate moves not from Kirby's Air Ride for Meta Knight?
    Probably. Air Ride Meta Knight doesn't have a whole lot of "attacks" to go off of. He just sorta flies around and swings his sword every once in a while.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: March 09, 2016, 11:49:18 AM »

Probably. Air Ride Meta Knight doesn't have a whole lot of "attacks" to go off of. He just sorta flies around and swings his sword every once in a while.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Question is, which game out of the thousand Kirby games should we go for? X)

Post Merge: March 09, 2016, 12:15:08 PM
    Never mind, I have a few ideas.

Down Air - Replaced with Link's, making it similar to the move he does in Kirby's Adventure.

Side B - Functions the same way, but Meta Knight doesn't spin. This makes the move similar to one he does in Kirby's Super Star.

Jump animation: No longer does a double jump (Again to make it similar to Kirby's Super Star.)

Jab - Does a diagonal slash from above his right shoulder down to the left side of his thigh, followed by a half-slice to his right, and then stabs his sword into the ground to send energy up from the ground. (Kirby's Super Star)

Forward smash - Same initial hit as his jab, then a complete slash to his right, and then another slash to his left that produces a large ball of fire.

Down B - Stabs his sword into the ground, causing a whirlwind of lightning to appear and move straight forward.

Forward air - Slashes his sword to emit a green wave of energy.

Idea source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xj9N3nJM20

If there are any story limitations to these ideas, let me know.
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:16:18 PM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

thatoneguynolan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: March 12, 2016, 11:41:10 AM »

If there are any story limitations to these ideas, let me know.
    Nah, you're good.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: March 12, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »

Nah, you're good.
    Nice, gonna check out what franchise to go for next ^^

Also, question: Should we add in movesets based off of SF64's multiplayer as well? If so Fox, Falco and Wolf would run at the same speed and have only homing launchers.
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:14:15 PM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

thatoneguynolan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: March 13, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »

Nice, gonna check out what franchise to go for next ^^

Also, question: Should we add in movesets based off of SF64's multiplayer as well? If so Fox, Falco and Wolf would run at the same speed and have only homing launchers.
    I would at least incorperate the homing launchers into their movesets somehow. Basing the entire thing off of one weapon doesn't sound like it would work very well.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: March 14, 2016, 04:38:28 AM »

I would at least incorperate the homing launchers into their movesets somehow. Basing the entire thing off of one weapon doesn't sound like it would work very well.
    Yeah. I have an Assault Based Moveset written down for Fox, Falco and Wolf.

Post Merge: March 14, 2016, 06:37:27 AM
    Going back to Ganondorf after sorting out the Dreamland characters, I have a few new ideas.

Jab - Stabs his sword forward like he does in TP, and can then follow it up with unleashing a wave of darkness like he does in the OoT cinematic before fighting him.

Down air - Launches down with his sword similar to the Possessed Zelda bossfight.
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:37:27 AM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

Wazzup?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: March 22, 2016, 11:04:04 AM »

Coming up next: Captain Falcon.

While he has never been seen fighting, he does so against Blood Falcon in the spinoff (albeit non-canon) anime.

Roll - Captain Falcon now sidesteps rather than roll.

Side Dodge - Same, however Falcon no longer bends down in a crouching position.

Jab - The initial hit is now aimed at the opponent's chest rather than head.

Second Jab - Strikes with his left hand from the side aimed at the opponent's head.

Forward smash - A powerful push with his left hand.

Forward tilt - Same as before, but no longer spins.

Dash attack - A dashing kick.

Down smash - A quick punch with his right hand.

Grab - Holds the opponent by the shoulder with his left hand.

Pummel - Punches with the other hand.

Animation changes

Stands still upright

Second wait animation: Grabs onto his wrists one at a time to firmly keep his gloves on.

Third wait animation: Clenches his right hand into a fist and presses it against the palm of his left hand.

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8
    Print
    Jump to: