Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Canon  (Read 43340 times)
theniftytable
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 01:51:36 PM »

Yeah, that's what I had in mind.
Oh, that's way better than what I pictured. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

PlayingGames97
Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 03:01:35 PM »

Oh, that's way better than what I pictured. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
    No problem Smiley

By the way, should we include the spin-off games for moveset ideas? Like Power Tennis; Strikers and such
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:40:08 PM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »

No problem Smiley

By the way, should we include the spin-off games for moveset ideas? Like Power Tennis; Strikers and such
    I don't see why not. There's some cool stuff to use from those games.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »

I don't see why not. There's some cool stuff to use from those games.
    Ok, I'll see what I can find.

Added a few abilities for Donkey Kong! Gonna see what I can find for Luigi next ^^

Final Smash: Strong Kong (DK64) DK becomes covered in flashing lights, and becomes immune to damage for a short period of time.

Jab: Cocconut Shooter (DK64). Pulls out his Coconut Shooter, and fires twice. (Same damage as his regular jab)

Down Smash: Bongo Blast (DK64). DK pulls out his bongos and slams on them twice. Functions the same as his regular down smash.

Down Air: Simian Slam (DK64). Similar to Mario's ground pound.
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:59:41 PM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 01:58:35 PM »

Added a few abilities for Donkey Kong! Gonna see what I can find for Luigi next ^^
    Well, the Poltergust is a must-have. But I think I remember hearing something about it not being possible to incorperate it into Luigi's moveset files or something. Also, in most of the Spinoff games, Luigi is usually associated with either lightning or wind. This is more or less something to keep in mind.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Fiery Topic Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 02:21:37 PM »

Well, the Poltergust is a must-have. But I think I remember hearing something about it not being possible to incorperate it into Luigi's moveset files or something. Also, in most of the Spinoff games, Luigi is usually associated with either lightning or wind. This is more or less something to keep in mind.

I think the poltergust should be added as an idea, though I haven't resumed yet on on coming up with ideas, so I dunno yet if it would be better for a Final Smash or being incorporated into his regular moves. Because, with movesets, last time I checked, anything's possible, and I don't know why the Poltergust would be any different. In fact, we could probably use the coding for Link's boomerang throw, since coding is like half of movesets, and being a programmer(Though I'm still a novice), I'm sure that when I learn how to do movesets, that I can figure out how to do it.

As for associating Luigi with lightning or wind, I honestly remember Luigi as always being a mostly-clone of Mario in any game. But, since he's based off of a hybrid of Mario Party 4 and Luigi's Mansion, I was thinking we could base him mostly off of Luigi's Mansion for his moveset, since the Mario Party series doesn't really give each character unique abilities. But I was thinking we could still incorporate something from various Luigi games. Kind of like how PlayingGames97 added some ideas for DK that aren't from Mario Party 4, but they're rather famous moves from other games.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:26:55 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »

Luigi's fairly difficult since he's always been pretty much a Mario clone, and Luigi's Mansion doesn't really have a lot of moves except sucking up ghosts. I can only think of two moves.

Side Smash: Squeaky Mallet. Pulls out the Ultra Hammer (the yellow and red one already in Brawl). Functions like a regular Beam Sword smash attack.

Side B: Pulls out the the Poltergust and sucks an enemy to him.

Other than that, I have no idea what to do with Luigi.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 04:00:34 PM »

As soon as I finish writing this essay of mine, I'll resume with my ideas, and you'll see what I have planned for Luigi based on Luigi's Mansion. Muah ha ha hah!!! XD

Really, though, he has lots of moves in Luigi's Mansion. Look at my moveset ideas for Zelda. She does almost nothing in the game "Twilight Princess", but I used the hints in the cinematic clips, as well as the history between Zelda's powers and the power of the Triforce to figure out what she'd be able to do, and implement those into ideas. So I can come up with something for Luigi that'll do just that. Smiley

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 04:17:51 PM »

As soon as I finish writing this essay of mine, I'll resume with my ideas, and you'll see what I have planned for Luigi based on Luigi's Mansion. Muah ha ha hah!!! XD

Really, though, he has lots of moves in Luigi's Mansion. Look at my moveset ideas for Zelda. She does almost nothing in the game "Twilight Princess", but I used the hints in the cinematic clips, as well as the history between Zelda's powers and the power of the Triforce to figure out what she'd be able to do, and implement those into ideas. So I can come up with something for Luigi that'll do just that. Smiley
    Cool, I have a few ideas for Wario ^^

Down Throw: Flips the enemy upside-down, and jumps up into the air and slams them down.

Dash attack: Wario dashes at the target with his arms stretched out, striking them with his chest.

Jab: Punches with his right fist, then his left, and delivers a down-angled punch with his right fist.

Down Air: Ground Pound, as seen in Wario World.

New grab animation: Holds the enemy high above his head. Hitting the A Button causes Wario to punch his grabbed opponent while still holding onto them with his left hand.

Back Throw: Turns around and tosses the enemy in that direction (Similar to DK's forward throw)

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »

As for associating Luigi with lightning or wind, I honestly remember Luigi as always being a mostly-clone of Mario in any game.
    I probably should've worded what I said better, since I just realized he's only associated with those things in a select few spinnoff games.

In general, yes. He is mostly a Mario clone, but Luigi is associated with wind and lightning things in a few non-platfromer games. Such as M&L Superstar Saga with his Thunderhand ability and a few of the sports games as his Mega Strike in Mario Strikers Charged or his Special moves from Mario Super Sluggers.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 01:28:19 PM »

I did a bit of thinking, and I thought of something:

TP Ganondorf is the same as OoT Ganondorf, just from a different timeline. As such, I think it's safe to assume he'd have the same powers as when he fought the Hero of Time, such as lightning and dark energy.

So for his non-sword moves, I imagine he could fight like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szggXY8k99I 4:56

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 02:32:25 PM »

I semi-agree with that. I like the idea of incorporating lightning and dark energy into his moves, but I was thinking, like in the video, maybe incorporate it into ALL his moves(Other than his summoned creatures, of course), including giving him the updated B moves; maybe in the following way:

Lightning/Electric Effect - Neutral B(This one would actually be a minor texture effect; mostly a light effect as opposed to a lightning effect), Up-B, Certain A Attacks
    Dark Energy Effect - Side-B, Down-B(Basically, it will be a casting animation, where he will animate summoning a creature by forming Dark Energy), Certain A Attacks

Also, just saying, but since his artwork is based off of Twilight Princess, and I thought that we would make the characters "Canon" based on what games they're representing(i.e. Otherwise we'd have all of the Mario characters, including the Donkey Kong characters, only driving karts for their entire movesets, without doing anything else, because the Mario Kart universe is one of the biggest and most famous, and is canon, so we could technically do that; I'm just not entirely sure that it would be all that worthwhile to others who want the characters to be canon, if we did do that exact thing), I thought maybe, like my idea before for all of the characters, we stick to the game(s) that each character is based off of, unless it's not enough of ideas for movesets, and THEN we come up with extra moves, if applicable, that are canon and widely used in canon series.(If these would be more canon than Brawl's already-made moves)

Seriously, though, if we made each character canon based on more than the games that Brawl is representing, we'd literally be creating Brawl, because Brawl already does that.(i.e. We could leave no changes to Brawl and call it "Super Smash Bros. Canon", because it incorporates something into each character from many famous canon games.) So, since Brawl already designed each character's looks after a small number of games, maybe we could instead perfect the character's looks and base the movesets off of that/those game(s).

Post Merge: February 07, 2016, 02:36:27 PM
    P.S. I'm going to start finishing listing my ideas for movesets in 2 days or so, max, and I should be able to, using wikis, list ideas for each character based on each game. Wink
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:36:27 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 03:08:24 PM »

Will you extend this project to other characters on the vault or that were originally planned for previous smash games?

Also I'd like to help give moveset ideas and possibly help with the coding for some of the PSAs, I think it'll be good experience for my Rumble Smash project.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »

I semi-agree with that. I like the idea of incorporating lightning and dark energy into his moves, but I was thinking, like in the video, maybe incorporate it into ALL his moves(Other than his summoned creatures, of course), including giving him the updated B moves; maybe in the following way:

Lightning/Electric Effect - Neutral B(This one would actually be a minor texture effect; mostly a light effect as opposed to a lightning effect), Up-B, Certain A Attacks
    Dark Energy Effect - Side-B, Down-B(Basically, it will be a casting animation, where he will animate summoning a creature by forming Dark Energy), Certain A Attacks

Also, just saying, but since his artwork is based off of Twilight Princess, and I thought that we would make the characters "Canon" based on what games they're representing(i.e. Otherwise we'd have all of the Mario characters, including the Donkey Kong characters, only driving karts for their entire movesets, without doing anything else, because the Mario Kart universe is one of the biggest and most famous, and is canon, so we could technically do that; I'm just not entirely sure that it would be all that worthwhile to others who want the characters to be canon, if we did do that exact thing), I thought maybe, like my idea before for all of the characters, we stick to the game(s) that each character is based off of, unless it's not enough of ideas for movesets, and THEN we come up with extra moves, if applicable, that are canon and widely used in canon series.(If these would be more canon than Brawl's already-made moves)

Seriously, though, if we made each character canon based on more than the games that Brawl is representing, we'd literally be creating Brawl, because Brawl already does that.(i.e. We could leave no changes to Brawl and call it "Super Smash Bros. Canon", because it incorporates something into each character from many famous canon games.) So, since Brawl already designed each character's looks after a small number of games, maybe we could instead perfect the character's looks and base the movesets off of that/those game(s).

Post Merge: February 07, 2016, 02:36:27 PM
    P.S. I'm going to start finishing listing my ideas for movesets in 2 days or so, max, and I should be able to, using wikis, list ideas for each character based on each game. Wink
    Yeah, we'll base characters on the games they represent.
    Will you extend this project to other characters on the vault or that were originally planned for previous smash games?

Also I'd like to help give moveset ideas and possibly help with the coding for some of the PSAs, I think it'll be good experience for my Rumble Smash project.

Our current goal is for the characters already in Brawl, but we could certainly extend the project to characters such as Toon Zelda and Meowth.

And welcome aboard! We're always interested in some help Cheesy
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:41:04 AM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 08:54:21 AM »

I have a relevant question to that:

Are we going to make 5 different versions in the following manner?

Smash 64
    Melee
    Brawl
    Project M(Including alternate palette swaps and single-slot movesets)
    Sm4sh

And if we are(This spoiler is applicable if any of the above is true):

Would we, if the character would require only texture changes and not recolors for the model(e.g. Like my ideas for Diddy Kong, Sheik, or Toon Link), import the model from the appropriate game before making the texture? Otherwise just import the model(s) from the game(s) that the character's from?(e.g. Like my ideas for Zelda) And if the model from the appropriate Smash game is practically the same as(With only minor differences to) the game it represents(e.g. Like Link or Ganondorf in Brawl), do we just import the model from that Smash game and leave it as is, making any necessary texture adjustments to make it properly reference the game, if it doesn't enough? Also, what about the case with Link in Brawl and Sm4sh, and how both are based off of Twilight Princess, but in Sm4sh it's an entirely different model? Would we, for characters like that, use the Sm4sh model(For the Sm4sh version, as described above; I already input my ideas for the Brawl version), and then basically just copy and paste parts of the TP textures, but add a Sm4sh-like effect to them, like rim-lits or something?

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: