Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Brawlbox Model Issues  (Read 9868 times)
UN
Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 07, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »

I'll make this simple to save time. I downloaded Brawl Box versions .63-70 and when ever I view the models it doesn't work. On the newer versions Brawl box closes due to an error and the older versions have a red X across the screen.

I have been learning how to hack before I tried it, and when I did it wouldn't open. How do I fix this, so I can edit models. I know how to open it, Ctrl+P. Do I need to install a driver for my PC for it to work? I have a VOSTRO 1000 Dell PC with Windows 10 downloaded from another computer to fix mine.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:18:02 PM by Ruku » Logged

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »

Are you sure it does this with the regular Brawl models? Because I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with the model(s) that you're testing. I've noticed that every single time I try to view any 3D model of Gray Fox with BB, BB does the same thing to me, but with hundreds, even thousands, of other imports that I've viewed does not crash BB in the slightest.

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »

Are you sure it does this with the regular Brawl models? Because I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with the model(s) that you're testing. I've noticed that every single time I try to view any 3D model of Gray Fox with BB, BB does the same thing to me, but with hundreds, even thousands, of other imports that I've viewed does not crash BB in the slightest.

My PC is a Dell Vostro 1000 and when I got it it was messed up. I reset it and reinstalled windows and it didn't work so I wiped everything out and installed Windows 10. I think my PC in general is missing some files to make it work.

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:16:15 AM »

What I meant is try viewing the model of something like "FitMario00.pcs" here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSdEZCbnBWLUhpcXc&tid=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0

Because I've had what you described happen to me in BrawlBox, but my computer is fine. So I don't think your computer or BrawlBox is the problem. Please try it and lemme know what happens.

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »

What I meant is try viewing the model of something like "FitMario00.pcs" here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSdEZCbnBWLUhpcXc&tid=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0

Because I've had what you described happen to me in BrawlBox, but my computer is fine. So I don't think your computer or BrawlBox is the problem. Please try it and lemme know what happens.
    This is what I have been using for Brawlbox only FitLink00.pac/pcs, it's how I know it doesn't work. Some of the Brawlbox's I downloaded won't even start and I get an error similar to when I try to preview the file model saying;

'Brawlbox has shut down unexpectedly, windows is searching for errors'.

It worked on my previous PC, so it's definitely my laptop that's the problem. Do you know of a way to get it started without it shutting down afterwards? I know how to use Brawlbox, but this is mainly for screenshot purposes.
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:29:57 AM by Ruku » Logged

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:03:10 PM »

I'm sorry. By "red X across the screen", I thought you meant an error like this one:

Do you think that maybe you could screenshot what the error looks like for me?

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »

Sure.

Click this Link.

All I did was click the MDL0 FitLink00 and the error showed up. The error you showed me in the screenshot happens in the older versions of Brawlbox. Anything to do with viewing the model results in error.

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 01:45:16 PM »

I've never seen that and I know that it has nothing to do with graphics cards or anything, as clicking that + only shows the technical(i.e. numbers and text documenting about the object in 3d space) info. Also, are you running BrawlBox as an administrator? Because when I initially used BrawlBox, it did weird errors like that to me, and then I changed it to running as administrator, and it worked completely fine.

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 04:48:06 AM »

I've never seen that and I know that it has nothing to do with graphics cards or anything, as clicking that + only shows the technical(i.e. numbers and text documenting about the object in 3d space) info. Also, are you running BrawlBox as an administrator? Because when I initially used BrawlBox, it did weird errors like that to me, and then I changed it to running as administrator, and it worked completely fine.

I tried running as an administrator and it had the same result. Is there a driver I can install or need, so I can view models, and possibly edit them? I have been told that my PC may be missing when my brother gave it to me, but I didn't expect something this stupid to happen. If I can just edit hacks on here without any errors or just look at them for screenshots, the waiting would be worth it...

I'll just assume that Dell PC's can't use brawl hacks, but I am still gonna look for a way to fix it.

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 05:04:20 AM »

It may be a corrupt version of Brawlbox. Here, try using mine, and see if the same error happens with this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fu8el8u8rfdc2ka/BrawlBox_Functional.zip

Post Merge: February 13, 2016, 05:05:08 AM
    P.S. These files must be extracted to the same location, as they're all required for BrawlBox to run properly.

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 08:27:02 AM »

It's not the file. It's got to be something to do with my PC. Does Brawlbox work on 32-bit PC's?

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »

I don't think so. I think it only works on 64-bit PCs.

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 11:32:36 AM »

I don't think so. I think it only works on 64-bit PCs.

Is there no way for me to use Brawlbox anyway? I mean it is possible to use 64-bit programs on 32-bit PC's or can I/need to switch my PC to 64-bit first.

EDIT: I just switched my PC from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit and Brawlbox still doesn't work. Is there a driver required for viewing Brawlbox models? I was wondering, did anyone else have the same issue?
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:35:20 PM by Ruku » Logged

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 08:54:25 PM »

Well, that's the thing, is that I've never seen that error before. I do have a theory, though. Use an old version of BrawlBox(Like, say, v .63 or earlier I know would work for this test) and do the same thing of expanding the MDL0, but DON'T preview it like you would with Ctrl+P. See if it will still throw the same error with this case or not. If it does or not will at least narrow the list of possibilities down.

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »

Well, that's the thing, is that I've never seen that error before. I do have a theory, though. Use an old version of BrawlBox(Like, say, v .63 or earlier I know would work for this test) and do the same thing of expanding the MDL0, but DON'T preview it like you would with Ctrl+P. See if it will still throw the same error with this case or not. If it does or not will at least narrow the list of possibilities down.

I used my sisters PC (with her permission) to see if Brawlbox works, and it did. I went to control panel and saw she uses 32-bit. That means it's my PC that doesn't work Brawlbox. Even using 64-bit it still doesn't work.

Inactive

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: