Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modifying placement of the /sfx/ folder  (Read 2790 times)
Chaos-Theory
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 02, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »

Hello,

I was wondering that since some of the Replacement SoundBank Engine's code's bytes translate to (depending on the version of the code) "/pf/sfx/" or "/RSBE/pf/sfx/" or (for PM) "/projectm/pf/sfx/", does that mean I can technically place my sfx folder wherever I want as long as I change the code (specifically the bytes that are the ID's of the characters for the file path and not changing anything else in the code) to reflect the new location on my SD card?

Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »

its possible
    check below for alternate sound loader

though it would be better for characters redirectin their sfx by config files instead of code since codes tend to affect all players
    instead of single characters

Chaos-Theory
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »

The link in your description? I get an error message saying that the thread is either in a different location or "is off limits" to me. 

Also, thank you for telling me it's possible.  I'm sure you're correct about using config files, but I'm actually asking because I'm making a build for bionic sonic's riivolution launcher.  It has Project M in it, and I need to edit the gct file to reflect its new location on my SD card (/brawlmods/projectm/sfx/ or /brawlmods/sfx/, depending on if you're loading the default PM sfx or not).

Again, thanks.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: