Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl Mod Launcher + cBliss build - NEEDS TESTERS  (Read 5180 times)
Chaos-Theory
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:24:49 AM »

Download the mod launcher build here!

Hello! I stumbled upon Bionic Sonic's riivolution brawlmod launcher, and I wanted to make a version of it that implements cBliss so that every mod you can choose in the riivolution menu has the same amount of costumes per character.

Here's the thread on smashboards posted by the lovely STUFF2o where this riivolution mod launcher originally came from.

I've gotten a premature build ready, but I can't test it myself because I'm at college and away from my Wii.  

This build includes all the files needed to run the riivolution xml properly.  This has the .gct files (with modified RSBE codes to reflect new locations and removed FPC's), ten costumes per character, stock icons, etc.  However, I do not have troll brawl, unstoppabrawl, or any other brawl mods I couldn't find on the internet.  

Features:
Here's a list of the Projects I could include:
  • Project M
  • Brawl Minus
  • Brawl Plus
  • Balanced Brawl

Here's a description of each folder that is directly inside /brawlmods/ and what they're for:
  • /custom1/ , /custom2/, and /custom3/ - Put up to 3 already-made builds of your choice here.
  • /vbrawl/ - basically if you want to load a bunch of random crap or test something without changing files in any of the other folders. This folder is empty by default.
  • /music/ - This folder is for storing .brstm files that aren't officially part of one of the big 4 builds (brawl minus, plus, pm, bbrawl).
  • /psa - this folder is for storing movesets that aren't officially part of one of the big 4 builds (unless if you want to do that anyway).  You store each character's moveset in their respective folder (i.e. Captain's fitCaptain.pac and motionetc.pac go in /brawlmods/psa/captain/).  You can also have a set of alternative movesets to use over the default movesets for project m (located in the folder /0_projectm/) or for brawl minus (located in 0_brawlminus), since those mods tend to have movesets that were designed for their unique physics in mind.
  • /sfx/ - I actually screwed up with this folder.  See bugs.
  • /cbliss/ - All of your characters' costumes, csp archives, stock icons, battle portraits, etc go in this folder.  The costumes go in /cbliss/fighter/{fighter name}, the CSP's go in the folder /csp/, and the selcharacter2.pac's go in /cbliss/menu2/.  You'll notice that the .brress files containing the BP's and the MenSelchrFaceB for character ID 27 have either "_trainer" or "_mewtwo" after it.  This is on purpose.  Project M has mewtwo on ID 27, so I named the files as stated and then coded the xml to look for the "_mewtwo" and "_trainer" .brres files.
  • /stages/ - place the stages you like to use that aren't part of the big 4 builds here.  New stages specifically for one of the big 4 builds go in /stages/set_{MOD NAME HERE}/.  As the xml is coded currently, you can only use the default .rel files for the big 4 builds.

Also, if you have other sets of stages or whatever that you only want to use as an "alternate set" for a specific Project/build, you can.

Here are some other features:
  • An organized XML that allows you to have mewtwo's skins, roy's skins, and pichu's skins in the same place as all the other costumes (even their kirby hat textures!)
  • It's cBliss in this as well, so that means ten costumes for every character and 12 costumes for wario(man). I also put Project M's code for stock icons in each of the gct files as well.
  • I'll add more if there are requests/questions/bug fixes/etc
  • Riivolution launcher app (/apps/riivolution/) if you don't have it already
  • The file setup for this riivolution brawl mod launcher does not use /codes/ or /private/wii/{etc}, so if you already have a build on your SD card, you don't need to get rid of it to use this.

Here are detailed directions for someone who has never used Riivo before:
1.) Extract the folders /apps/, /brawlmods/, /codes/ (if you want), and /Riivolution/ to the root of your SD card.  Say "yes" to merge folders if prompted.  You shouldn't have to replace any files that already exist on your SD card that are necessary to run the riivo launcher. 
2.) Eject your SD card once the extraction is complete.
3.) Insert the SD card into your Wii.
4.) Turn your Wii on and go to your Homebrew channel. If you use another method of loading homebrew, move the "boot.elf" file in /apps/riivolution/" to the root of your SD card.
4a.) If you're using the Homebrew channel, activate the riivo app that appears on your screen.
5.) You should be in the Riivolution interface.  If you don't see "Brawl Mod Launcher 4.0b" in big text anywhere, then there is a bug and you should tell me so I can correct it.
6.) Configure the options to your liking.  NOTE: If you want to load the default stages/music for a Project, you need to set all the options to "[name]: Default". For example, to play Project M, the Stages option needs to be set to either "PM: Default" or "Replace PACs (PM)." Otherwise, you won't load any of the Alternate stages for PM.  This isn't as crucial for other Project mods (i.e. brawl plus), but you still need to set it to the default stages for that project in order to use those stages.
7.) Press "LAUNCH" to start playing. The "INSTALL" button creates a Wii channel for Riivolution, which means you can delete the /apps/riivolution/ from your SD card since you don't need to use a homebrew launcher every time you want to run riivo.

So anyways, I'd really appreciate it if there are any of you that would like to help me test this out.  The download is a .7z archive that is 2,802,915,747 bytes (approx. 3GB).  It will probably take up between 3 and 4 gb on an SD card, so that means this is going to be SDHC only.  Pretty sure any SD card over 2GB is SDHC.

Known bugs:
  • The battle portraits/csp's/rsp's don't always match up with the costumes because cBliss changes the order of the costumes in the menus to match the order of the costume files themselves.  I've gotten about 1/3 of the character roster's portraits to match the order of the costumes.
  • Not technically a bug, but I haven't included a stage expansion code txt file for brawlmods/stages/custom_rels (that's where I have the XML look for st_custom##.rel files), and I don't have options in the riivo menu for loading 12, 24, and 36 extra stages
  • Replacement SoundBank Engine codes - I provided a custom version of the RSBE that looks for .sawnd files in /brawlmods/sfx/, but my xml is coded to look for /brawlmods/sawnds/(projectm, brawlminus, etc).  This will be fixed shortly.

ASKED QUESTIONS
None yet.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:07:18 PM by Chaos-Theory » Logged

PyotrLuzhin
Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• Awards Featured Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »

I didn't know people were still using riivolution, but man, this is pretty cool. Nice work!

Chaos-Theory
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »

Thank you! I really wouldn't be able to do this though without Bionic Sonic's previous mod launcher since I used that as a base. There's also a plethora of others that deserve recognition for content I used (aka I didn't make the costumes/etc), but that's what credits.txt is for. I didn't include that in this prototype though. It will be in the final product when I post on the Vault.

Russell_SSB
    Hyper Kitten

Super Smash Bros. Frontier: The Battle Continues!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »

Sweet! Will this work with BrawlEx packs? I have been trying to load up a pack on rosters with custom fighters in it.

Russell_SSB
    Hyper Kitten

Super Smash Bros. Frontier: The Battle Continues!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 12:11:43 PM »

QUESTION:
    I have its codes as txt files, do I need to install all of them into its own code?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: