Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Indie Game Character Roster!  (Read 12150 times)
Kidneptune
Expert Kitten

A Neptunian metal lovin' brawler

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 19, 2016, 10:11:33 PM »

Hello everyone! Like the title says I was thinking of making a smash bros game dedicated to Indie games. Now I know it seems like a big project considering animations/movesets, stages, character modeling/texturing, and a lot of other work but It can be done with a bit of time. But I figured I should start small for now.

So here's the first thing I need to do. I need characters to put in my mod. I could think of a million characters to put in the game, but I think YOU should be the one to decide who should be in it.
    So I'll ask. What indie game characters do you like and who you believe should be in an Indie Game Smash Bros.?
    Give me some Ideas if your interested.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:21:34 AM »

Azure Striker Gunvolt - I was quite dissapointed to not see him as a DLC... I didn't found any 3d models of him anywhere (not even MMD models) so that would make me very happy if he became availlable as a hack.

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Kidneptune
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 11:21:07 AM »

Ah sure he looks cool and don't worry about 3d models haha. I can make them, I'm not new at the more advanced brawl modding Wink.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »

Ah sure he looks cool and don't worry about 3d models haha. I can make them, I'm not new at the more advanced brawl modding Wink.

Thanks! Over which character are you gonna port him to? Wink

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Kidneptune
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »

Hmm Idk yet. Probably fox or falco on first glance of his moveset from his game.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »

This is interesting, maybe we can help each other out on are Mods. I can help program for some of your PSAs, and maybe you can scratch my back later.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Kidneptune
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 11:04:22 AM »

Yeah I'm game for that. but like I said I need ideas for characters first. Do you have an indie character you want to see in the game?

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 03:17:37 PM »

Maybe adding Shantae? Oh, and how's the progress on Gunvolt's model? Just curious.

KingZane
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 03:55:11 PM »

i always thought of a concept like this, but i always envisioned it as a sprite game

Kidneptune
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 09:15:38 PM »

Maybe adding Shantae? Oh, and how's the progress on Gunvolt's model? Just curious.
    I was thinking of adding her anyway to be honest Wink. As for Gunvolt, that may take a while due to the complexity of the model. I don't usually create models from scratch per-say when they are really complex. I usually take parts of other models that look right and mold them to look right. So it may take some time, at least if you want it to look professional.
    Also I am not directly working on this yet due to my lack of time. I am just trying to see what the people and potential fanbase wants in the mod. Don't get discouraged though, it will happen Smiley

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 09:19:55 PM
    i always thought of a concept like this, but i always envisioned it as a sprite game
    Me too! I was always surprised no one thought to start a project like this(of my knowledge at least). I don't know how to make sprite based games, so I figured I'd mod with a platform I know well.
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:19:55 PM by Kidneptune » Logged

Mattjora132
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 06:08:33 PM »

Somebody's gonna say it sooner or later, but Papyrus and Sans from undertale.

Kidneptune
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 06:39:44 PM »

Haha! yeah I figured that was coming! I think they are worth it though. they are lovable.

Allright. So far heres the sugestions of characters from you guys:
    *Gunvolt
    *Shantae
    *Papyrus
    *Sans

Things look to starting good in terms of a list. I definitely would like to hear more input from more people. This is just to be the least biased as possible. So can those of you that have given your opinion on the matter here please pass word along to other users here that you know? I would like as many people as possible to comment here to determine who in popular opinion should be in this mod. Just send them a link to this post if you'd think they'd be interested. Every opinion counts Smiley

Mattjora132
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 10:40:21 AM »

OH just thought of another one. Shovel Knight.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 11:23:04 AM »

I'm not sure what makes a character an indie character or if mobile characters count, but Kyle from Dead Trigger and Yooka and Laylee, maybe add Meat Boy, Isaac, and Lyla from Freedom Planet and BoxBoy. There are also a lot of mobile RPG's and games that could get recognition like Machine Knight, Heroes War, Reaper, S.O.L. Stone of Life, Eternal Arena, the Kairosoft Dev Story series( Game Dev Story and Anime Studio Story), Stickman Sports and Rage of the Immortals. There are also a good amount of CCG games as well.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Kidneptune
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »

OH just thought of another one. Shovel Knight.

Already got you covered on that one! xD I created my own model of Shovel Knight about a year ago here

Post Merge: March 28, 2016, 08:46:56 PM
    I'm not sure what makes a character an indie character or if mobile characters count, but Kyle from Dead Trigger and Yooka and Laylee, maybe add Meat Boy, Isaac, and Lyla from Freedom Planet and BoxBoy. There are also a lot of mobile RPG's and games that could get recognition like Machine Knight, Heroes War, Reaper, S.O.L. Stone of Life, Eternal Arena, the Kairosoft Dev Story series( Game Dev Story and Anime Studio Story), Stickman Sports and Rage of the Immortals. There are also a good amount of CCG games as well.

An indie game is a game made by an independent source. Like shovel knight for example; he was created by yacht club games witch is an independent source and not affiliated with big corporations like nintendo and the lot. I was definitely thinking of adding meatboy and isaac. I haven't heard of the others to be honest but i'll search them up.

Post Merge: March 28, 2016, 08:53:47 PM
    Also before I forget! I have an idea on how to go about deciding who will be in the mod. Now i figured it wouldn't be fair for me to be the deciding factor for who gets in, thats why I am thinking about having a separate topic to vote on. Mind you this is only when I feel we have a good enough list to start on. I still need more characters from more users in order to have a fair enough list. I also need to have some talk from you guys to see if you agree on the characters on hand. That will lead to me putting up a list for the final voting.
    « Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:53:47 PM by Kidneptune » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: