Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it possible to have alternate moveset, like in Crusade?  (Read 2475 times)
omegafalcon
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:36:10 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is it possible to have alternate movesets similar to how crusade has it in Crusade. What I'd like to do is have a HUD where when selecting the character, 2 or 3 icons will pop up where the character portait is( or maybe on the side or corners) and you can use the cursor to select 1 of the 3 movesets(by tapping one of the icons) before moving to the SSS. Is this possible?

Note: I am aware that some codding may be required for this and I'd also need a custom HUD

Edit: Here's a rough visual aid of what I'm looking to do
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:43:47 PM by omegafalcon » Logged

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »

Well, I know that it's definitely possible to have single-slot movesets, and I'm pretty sure that you can have multiple icons on one portrait, since vBrawl has that for Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik. How to do it, though, I dunno. Undecided

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:38:22 PM »

Well, I know that it's definitely possible to have single-slot movesets, and I'm pretty sure that you can have multiple icons on one portrait, since vBrawl has that for Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik. How to do it, though, I dunno. Undecided

I don't want the movesets to alternate by changing costumes, I want to be able to use any costume I want along with any moveset: Here's a rough visual guide of what I'm talking about:

http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/anthony_mayo2/media/4730_zpsmnxehx5k.png.html?sort=3&o=0
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:44:49 PM by omegafalcon » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:12:59 PM »

Oh, sorry. Misunderstood. So what you're saying is, something like this could work?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2997.0

If so, I'm not sure if it can do more than 1 moveset, but obviously, with the examples given, you can have the same costumes in both directories, and then switch movesets only.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 11:18:37 AM »

Aren't the FitMotion and FitCharacter Files the actual moveset? So if a program was written so that you can select between 3 different sets of Fit Motion and FitCharacter files located inside the character folder it would work right?

For Example:
    Located in the "mario" folder in the "pf/fighter" directory, there are 3 more extended folders one is "standard mario" the second is "ice mario" and the third file being "rpg mario". There's a program built into the game where selecting a character will automatically select the first folder, however, selecting one of the icons on the side will switch to one of the other 2 folders.

Another way of possibly explaining this is in Smash4. When on custom character mode a tab pops up when selecting your custom character, once the tab is up you have the option of picking the characters standard moveset or the customized one. Though I wanted it to be a little cleaner than this(which is why I gave the you the icon reference) but this is the easiest way for me to explain it to you.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »

Well, according to this:
    Adding additional alternate files is done by repeating the XXXX... code block.
    *This is referring to the line XXXXXXXX YY00E27B*

it sounds like you can use this for more than one alternate files set; this might not put it in the fighter folder, per say, but if you have a large enough SD card(And most are quite large nowadays; make sure to use the codes to make a large SD card usable, though, if you do this), you can literally just copy the pf folder and paste it in the same directory, renaming it to something with 2 letters(e.g. rf), and then just apply the necessary Gecko codes to the .gct file.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 05:27:56 PM »

Is it possible to switch the alternate files when clicking on the tab or icon?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »

That, I can guess, from a programmer's point of view, would be possible; I just don't know how, and it may be impossible(Or nearly impossible) to figure out.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 12:18:04 AM »

Ok that's fine, I was gonna use it for my Rumble Smash project, I'll just have to wait til the project has a full team for that.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: