Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project m cc and brawl dx hybrid using brawl ex  (Read 3736 times)
Dinoverlord
Advanced Kitten

Move over!!!

View Profile Awards
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »

How are you today Brawlvault? Today i am having a serious problem using the brawlvault. I want to put into my own version of my build knuckles and lyn from cc(whom i am also looking for stock icons for, i know they're in cc some where) and dark meta knight and louie of dx, whom have sound files that i can't find. If someone could either help me or do this for me it would be great, because my autism isn't really helping with the situlation at hand. Kirby Dance

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 08:40:14 PM »

I'll respond to this instead of the private message so others can chime in if they want. I am very familiar with Brawlex however I am not too familiar with Project M so I usually avoid questions relating to it.

I'll try though. First, Project M CC is not configured to support Brawlex. If you want to use Project M with Brawlex you'll need to use the experimental DiY Beta 2 PATCH RELEASE Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 2/9. This documentation is for an older version of PM + Brawlex but it looks pretty good http://smashboards.com/threads/brawlex-pm-template-v-0-2-clone-guide.429303/

PM + Brawlex is based on PM 3.5 (although the newest version may have switched over to 3.6 by now). This does not include Lyn and Knuckles although it is likely possible to manually add them. Since they involve PSA codes that aren't normally in Brawl, I suggest posting further questions relating to them on the DiY Beta 2 PATCH RELEASE Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 2/9 thread.

As for Dark Meta Knight and Louie, are they just alternate costumes or do they have a custom moveset that goes along with them too? If they have an alternate moveset test to make sure that moveset works with Project M before trying to use it with a PM + Brawlex build.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Dinoverlord
    Advanced Kitten

Move over!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »

I think ive gotten the problem solved... I don't know how sounds for characters work though, for isnstance when i put knuckles in does it come with his "code" or do i have to find it and put it in my mod so e way else?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »

Ok, alternate soundbanks are loaded through the RSBE code. It is already included in Project M but can be easily added to other setups. The files it loads are .sawnd files in ...\pf\sfx

Super Sawndz! can make .sawnd files. You'll need the missing files in Sawndz too. The easiest way to identify which file belongs to which character is to look at included documentation (if present) or see what loads in Dolphin Emulator's logs. If you don't have access to those, you'll need to delete the .sawnd files one at a time until you notice that character's sounds change. The most recently deleted .sawnd will be the file that was associated with that character. Or you can replace the .sawnd files within Super Sawndz! and play them.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:28:34 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Dinoverlord
    Advanced Kitten

Move over!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »

So if I use the supersawz on the brawl DX and other mod to find their sounds and announcers? So they won't be labeled? Also could I change the hex ID of a character to anything? Why I ask this is because Ridley and dark meta Knight both have the same hex of 43

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »

You'll need to see if brawl DX has the RSBE code in the .gct file. If the folder ...\pf\sfx exists in that pack it's a pretty good indication that the RSBE is already included. If it isn't, simply add it to the .gct file. Then you'll be able to use .sawnd files to replace sounds. When using Super Sawndz!, try to keep the files you replace close to the same size as the original or smaller. The file size limit is picky.

Names are associated with those files but they are not always helpful (some names are in Romanized Japanese). Sometimes it is easier to play the sounds than trying to comprehend Nintendo's naming system.

There are multiple types of hex IDs so I'm not sure which one you are referring to. What are you trying to accomplish by changing the "hex ID"?
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:38:04 PM by ebola16 » Logged

Dinoverlord
    Advanced Kitten

Move over!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 02:58:32 PM »

THE RIDLEY THAT came pre installed in the mod has a hex id of 43, the dark meta knight i sent over apparently also has a hex of 43. Also my sawnz isn't working.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

Again, there are multiple hex ids. If you tell me what you trying to accomplish by changing the "hex ID" I may be able to offer advice.

I'll need more information than sawndz isn't working (also, use Super Sawndz! instead of sawndz). Does the program crash? What information is displayed in Super Sawndz's black window when it doesn't work?

Dinoverlord
    Advanced Kitten

Move over!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »

You understand how dark meta Knight has an hex id of 43, his normal id is 180, ridly has a different normal id but a hex id of 43 as well. My question is if i can simply change the hex id of dark meta knight to a different hex id. should i change the big id? also i can't find the bsar file, also sawnz goes up for a second then quits out of it self.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 03:45:17 AM »

Ok so now we'll merge the information from the other topics into this one. Please answer all questions below.

1. Are you going to be using the http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210784 pack now since it has the characters you want? It is a Brawlex setup without Project M integration.
    2. Do you wish to modify the sounds in this pack or a different pack?
    3. Do you already have a modified .sawnd file for your custom character or will you be making it from scratch? I haven't personally made one but I can point you to the right documentation if that's what you're planning.
    4. I still can't find any reference to the hex ids you are talking about. Maybe linking me to the documentation where you found the hex ids or a screenshot of the hex id highlighted in the file that contains it will help?

As for the missing .brsar file that comes from Brawl's .iso itself. If you can't extract files from an .iso, the file can also be found here http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=32962.0

Dinoverlord
    Advanced Kitten

Move over!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 11:08:38 AM »

If you need me to show you what i am talking about is their anyway i could send you an image ebola?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »

Yes upload the image to an image hosting site (like Imgur) and send me the link. Also, you need to answer all questions in my previous post or I will not provide further assistance.

Dinoverlord
    Advanced Kitten

Move over!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »

Ok thank you, I'm sorry about what happened before, my brother's an impatient little liar, hope he didn't upset anyone.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: