Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Custom Marks? Sure!  (Read 55455 times)
Tiberious
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 26, 2016, 06:38:04 PM »

This is a fairly little-appreciated facet of Brawl hacking, but it's very possible to add new marks (also called franchise icons, but they're called marks internally, so I use that term instead) into the game, even modeled ones like used on the results screen.

Now, keeping with BrawlEx's theme of 'easily-aligned slots', best practices say start with mark 24. This is because 21 to 23 are spoken for by sc_selmap.pac (I've actually got 21 assigned in one of these packs, but that's because it matches 21 in sc_selmap.pac).

Just click a mark below to download the pack that has everything you need and instructions to add them.

As you can see, the last one is actually custom, a 'generic Nintendo' mark that might fit for more traditional Miis and maybe R.O.B., being that he's actually hardware, and not from any game.

Now, because of space limitations, you may need some room made in the various info files. Don't worry. I've got you covered. Get your reduced-size info files here.

If there's any questions or issues not covered by the troubleshooter, or requests for custom marks, post up.

Dustinvgmaster
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 10:23:41 PM »

Implemented the Street Fighter mark and it works swell. Good work.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:45:16 PM »

Well, since I got half of 'em, why not finish up the rest of the Smash 4 marks? Like usual, just click the image to download it:

Edit: Since there were 5 imports and an original, have an original to complement this set and make it an even dozen.
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:09:34 PM by Tiberious » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »

I support this, commenting to follow!

Post Merge: June 04, 2016, 09:52:17 PM
    Also, is the process for making these simple? I may try a few.
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:52:17 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:33:40 PM »

I've managed to get a workable 'flow' going, so I could probably write up a tutorial, but it's a bit goofy and uses Blender (as I'm more familiar with it) to create the geometry, and then 3DS Max to import the geometry and the bones you need to rig to. It also uses Photoshop (again, 'cause I have it handy) to make the texture from Blender's viewport (again, simply because I find that pretty easy to work with for doing this).

After that, it's a matter of messing with it in BrawlBox until it shows properly in there, where it'll show properly in Brawl itself.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 12:26:58 AM »

Oh wow, sounds like that tutorial may be somewhat difficult to write then! If you did decide to make one I'd be interested in reading it but feel free to take your time with it.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »

Well, it seems complicated, but it really isn't. I really only use 3DS Max to 'rig' to the mark skeleton and export a .dae that BrawlBox will import properly.

One thing I do do, however, is work on the new mark in its own .brres until it works, so I can export a proper .mdl0. It's a little goofy, but it works.

The idea is for me to expose my flow, even if it's inefficient, so that maybe it could be streamlined for a better tutorial.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this flow I came up with gets everything necessary for the mark, including creation of textures (in both sizes, no less), so you don't have to go back and make them later.

Post Merge: June 07, 2016, 08:00:33 AM
    So, I've gotten all the images I need to make the full tutorial. The main question now, is should this go into the Tutorials forum, or in this thread?
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:00:33 AM by Tiberious » Logged

Crystal Ranger Danny
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »

i have a question,i did every step on your tutorial (it's great btw) and then i saw i need cosmicconfig.dat file and i dont have that file because i dont use brawlex and dont want to is there a other way to set the icon to a character?

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 03:43:51 AM »

Well, the tutorial is designed with BrawlEx in mind. Otherwise, you'll have to just replace one, and there are few marks that aren't assigned to multiple characters.

Crystal Ranger Danny
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »

well project m gave bowser his own icon mark without brawlex (it even works in the iso version of 3.6).
    how did they do it?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »

It was done via code, I've no idea what code though.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Crystal Ranger Danny
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:21 AM »

is the code some where on reddit or on the internet? because i tried to look for it but i cant find it (i need that code so badly).
    before you go write:"stop with everything and use brawlex or pmex" here is a reason why i dont use them.
    the reason is that my modpack is going to be on an iso file and im using wit to make it happen,now it works really nice like almost the entire game is customized.

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »

No such code exists

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »

They added a InfResultMark21_TopN model into STGRESULT.pac, and edited Bowser's information to point to mark 21.

Essentially the exact same way as BrawlEx's fighterconfig.dat files paired with this method.

jammer506
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »

Following your step by step was the ONLY way I could get this to work.

Thank you.

As a side note-Whatever symbol was last added now shows up as the one of the symbols for the Random Slot, is there anyway to avoid that?

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: