Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3]
Author Topic: [Guide]Taking the First Steps - Welcome to WiiU Mods  (Read 21155 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 10:43:29 AM »

Anyway, I did check out GameBanana, but some users at GBAtemp.net stated that it wasn't a good place,

Dont know who said that, but gamebanana is fine. At least for now. Even now, aside from smashexplorer, animcmd, param editor (and probably msbteditor) dont have guis. I dont expect modding to grow that large without something that people lacking in knowledge will be able to understand.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »

To make sure I understand correctly...you cannot have both a hacked Wii U and maintain Youtube, correct?

Assuming as this blocks out everything...or is there a way to be able to maintain both?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »

To make sure I understand correctly...you cannot have both a hacked Wii U and maintain Youtube, correct?

Assuming as this blocks out everything...or is there a way to be able to maintain both?

From what I can understand, you can't show any signs of hacking at Miiverse.  You can still upload YouTube videos, but you don't want to make Miiverse posts that showcase the hacks, as that could get you banned.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 10:18:31 PM »

Tubehax DNS Redirect is basically a Youtube Blocker that also funnels Nintendo's Update addresses through it. So if it's blocking youtube, it's also blocking the update servers.

And yeah.. Don't miiverse post. If you're using som'in like Loadiine's smash launch mode, any posts you make to miiverse from any game will show up under Smash bros.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 05:17:52 PM »

From what I can understand, you can't show any signs of hacking at Miiverse.  You can still upload YouTube videos, but you don't want to make Miiverse posts that showcase the hacks, as that could get you banned.

Tubehax DNS Redirect is basically a Youtube Blocker that also funnels Nintendo's Update addresses through it. So if it's blocking youtube, it's also blocking the update servers.

And yeah.. Don't miiverse post. If you're using som'in like Loadiine's smash launch mode, any posts you make to miiverse from any game will show up under Smash bros.

I wasn't talking about Miiverse I never use it and never post on it, but good note thanks for the info.

I wasn't talking about uploading on YouTube either. I was asking really just for viewing random YouTube videos. Would it be possible to have a hacked system and use the YouTube app on the Wii U for viewing purposes?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2016, 06:42:04 PM »

I wasn't talking about uploading on YouTube either. I was asking really just for viewing random YouTube videos. Would it be possible to have a hacked system and use the YouTube app on the Wii U for viewing purposes?
    Yessir.
    https://reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/comments/4i4rv7/flimflam69s_551_kernel_exploit_guide_and_other/
    /u/chncdcksn was nice enough to set up a DNS server for all of us that also blocks Nintendo URLs. However, the cool thing here is that it does not block YouTube - so you can enjoy YouTube on your Wii U and still block updates from Nintendo! This is a nice alternative DNS server. (You still will not be able to access the eShop through this. If you want eShop access, check out the Various Things section.)

Turn Auto-Obtain DNS OFF
        Set Primary DNS to 104.236.072.203
        Set Secondary DNS to 104.236.072.203

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: June 06, 2016, 10:28:06 PM »

Oh, it got fixed up to work with youtube? neat to know. I'll have to remember this for when someone else asks.

edit: Ah, it's a secondary "TubeHax". I'll add it to the Op.
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:29:06 PM by Ӄit ßallarɖ » Logged

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: July 25, 2016, 10:49:02 AM »

Alright, I finally decided to set this [censored] up, but I've hit an impasse.
    When I try to self host, the address just takes me straight to my router management.

I've not seen anyone else encounter this issue, so any ideas on how to resolve this?

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2016, 09:58:40 PM »

Alright, I finally decided to set this [censored] up, but I've hit an impasse.
    When I try to self host, the address just takes me straight to my router management.

I've not seen anyone else encounter this issue, so any ideas on how to resolve this?

I have not but don't you have a EUR? I just remember reading in numerous blogs and pages that it's the most glitchy one out of all 3 so far, so maybe try researching for issues specifically for that?

Sorry it's not much help but I'm still learning myself. This time around it's not many helpful peers and it feels like every man for himself.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »

Sorry it's not much help but I'm still learning myself. This time around it's not many helpful peers and it feels like every man for himself.
    I've got a good grasp on how to set up mods.
    A few of us from here are on the Smash Wii U modding Discord I keep talking about. Nano, DSX8, Large Leader, vaanrose, etc.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pages:  1 2 [3]
    Print
    Jump to: