Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recruiting for Smash U Maximum [Essentially Sm4sh Minus]  (Read 5599 times)
Kienamaru
Brawl Minus Developer
Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 06, 2017, 10:09:19 AM »

Smash U Maximum is my take on making an "Overpowered" Smash 4. Inspired by Brawl Minus, the goal is to make every character exceptionally strong and fun. Everyone is broken in their own way, having things like Shulk's Monado Arts with no downsides, Peach with a 60% chance of pulling Stitch faces, Luigi with a 90% misfire rate on Green Missile, Link's boomerang having a hitbox on return that allows true combos, etc. Unlike Minus, I don't intend to take on the silly side of things, nor do I intend on falling into a competitive decline. That said, I do want characters to have power relative to others so that there's at least some semblance of balance better than Smash U. The point is for everyone to be over the top, and viable.

On top of the more drastic sweeping changes, the mechanics of the game have been overhauled as well. Removal of rage, slightly more vulnerability on air dodges, more shield damage across the board to allow for shield breaking combos and a less grab heavy game, less landing lag from air dodges, all those things. All of the characters have been modified heavily but most of them still need tweaks here and there to make them stand out.

I've spent hundreds of hours coding, balancing, and testing solo, so having more people for any of those would be great. However, what I'm really looking for are UI, Stage, Texture, and Sound people.

I've got huge changelists that I'll be able to put up sometime in the near future, but I'd at least like to know that people are interested in helping out before doing so.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: