Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I port characters?  (Read 2312 times)
Gothic Rinnegan
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 16, 2016, 09:19:31 AM »

Hello there, I need help on knowing how to port characters. And I also have a question. Is it possible to port, say, a cloud strife mod from Ike to a character like Yoshi? Or is it impossible? Thanks.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:47:49 PM »

I am wanting to know this too. Smiley

Gothic Rinnegan
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:49:36 PM »

If you take requests, do you think you could port natsu over pit to Mario? Thanx

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:55 PM »

I am wanting to know this too. Smiley

If you take requests, do you think you could port natsu over pit to Mario? Thanx

Obviously not, since I don't know how.

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »

To do it the "true" way --
    There's a tutorial on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeSwmpHLuc

It's not a fun process. Basically once you get the model working (as shown in the video), you need to copy all the code from one moveset file to the other. Also you obviously can't use articles from that previous character but you can use articles from the new character.

To do it the rel way --
    I've never done this but here's a tutorial on youtube (that I've never watched):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yi-JI_GnM

To do it the "ehhhhh" way --
    Just stick everything over the other character with no changes. Like literally just rename the files and see what happens. Sometimes it works and there will be minor glitches that you can just buff out in PSA -- some can't be fixed. I don't recommend this but ehhhh it does the job sometimes. If it freezes, try doing the model editing shown in the video posted under the "true" way and give it another go. I've had success doing this method in the past by putting things over Marth and Ike. I forget much about doing it this way though, because I now only do it the "true" way for lasting stability, but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »

Ok, thanks! I'll look at this in the future(i.e. When I'm not as busy)! Cheesy

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 12:37:13 AM »

To do it the "true" way --
    There's a tutorial on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeSwmpHLuc

It's not a fun process. Basically once you get the model working (as shown in the video), you need to copy all the code from one moveset file to the other. Also you obviously can't use articles from that previous character but you can use articles from the new character.

To do it the rel way --
    I've never done this but here's a tutorial on youtube (that I've never watched):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yi-JI_GnM

To do it the "ehhhhh" way --
    Just stick everything over the other character with no changes. Like literally just rename the files and see what happens. Sometimes it works and there will be minor glitches that you can just buff out in PSA -- some can't be fixed. I don't recommend this but ehhhh it does the job sometimes. If it freezes, try doing the model editing shown in the video posted under the "true" way and give it another go. I've had success doing this method in the past by putting things over Marth and Ike. I forget much about doing it this way though, because I now only do it the "true" way for lasting stability, but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Interesting, I haven't seen that .rel porting tutorial before. Commenting so I can find this again in the future!

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: