Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have a few important Questions...  (Read 3736 times)
DarkWolf4564
Intermediate Kitten

Dead X_X (Not for real tho)

View Profile Awards
« on: May 17, 2016, 03:08:23 PM »

1st question - How do I add a certain amount of stages to the game? I know that I have the Stage Expansion Code 2.0, but I'm certain that I won't be using all the extra stage slots... So that's why I'm asking How to add a certain amount... (I think i'm going to use about 15 custom stages) [Somewhat Important]

2nd question - How to add cosmetic slots to clones, & regular/vanilla characters? [Somewhat Very Important]

3rd question - How to fix this problem? While playing a custom character & at stage select screen... It gets stuck on "Get Ready to Fight" screen when I pick a stage & with no frozen wii noises (just silence). I have no custom moves/PSAs, just a clone character that has re-skins btw. [Very Important]

Note - Currently fixing problems with the CSS... All of them (CSPs & BPs) are CMPR, but the sc_selcharacter.pac file size is still too big.

You can help by putting a link to where the topic/question was answered, or just answer it yourself, but with more detail.

Yeah... That's all I have to say... Random emoticons!  Kirby Dance Awesome Face Im srs here Mario Facepalm

Sorry about that... Anyways... Thanks whoever helps me... I'm not very good at saying thanks, & stuff like that...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:16:00 PM by DarkWolf4564 » Logged

Kirby Dance Just a gamer that wants to make stuff.

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 12:41:38 AM »

It would be very helpful to know what your setup is based on before answering those questions.
    Regular Brawl?
    Project M?
    Brawlex?
    Brawlex + Project M?
    Something else?

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

DarkWolf4564
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 04:00:49 PM »

It would be very helpful to know what your setup is based on before answering those questions.
    Regular Brawl?
    Project M?
    Brawlex?
    Brawlex + Project M?
    Something else?

Oh, yeah I forgot about that... Well, I was talking about in general, but just in-case I use BrawlEx the most (Basically because I know what to do in that setup better than the others).
    (Sorry about the late reply, I was taking a break, without realizing it...) (This doesn't sound, or look like the proper grammar that I use...  )

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

The answers will be different depending upon which setup you're using so that's why I asked. Every setup has advantages and disadvantages so it's best to decide on one base setup before devoting time to modifying it:
    Regular Brawl - The simplest / least amount of features added
    Project M - Competitive-focused edits and unlimited stages / lots of undocumented module changes
    Brawlex - Character expansion up to 100 movesets / some compatibility issues with other modifications
    Brawlex + Project M - a combination of Brawlex and Project M's advantages and disadvantages

Assuming you'll be using Brawelx though:
    1. It's possible to set up a cloned character if an exmodule has been made for that character. R.O.B. has an exmodule so he can be cloned. See one of the Brawlex packs in the vault for help with proper file placement and editing.

2. You can edit the Custom SSS code. I haven't used this editor but it seems more convenient than manually editing it by hand: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/ssseditor/

3. Sounds like your configuration files are messed up. Double check to make sure they're all properly named and the edits are correct. Looking at Dolphin logs can help you figure out where the problem lies. You can upload your SD card contents and I'll take a look at it if you can't figure it out.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:30:18 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

DarkWolf4564
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 06:24:12 AM »

Currently fixing problems with the CSS... All of them (CSPs & BPs) are CMPR, but the sc_selcharacter.pac file size is still too big.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:18:32 PM by DarkWolf4564 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 09:27:17 PM »

When does the crash occur in the CSS?

DarkWolf4564
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »

Uh, When I click on the "Brawl" button, before I get into the CSS. This happened before I started asking questions, but I fixed it after numerous attempts... But now I can't figure out what I did to fix it. 

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 03:50:13 AM »

Is your sc_selcharacter too large? sc_selcharacter.pac should be < 3.79 MB. Changing sc_selcharacter_en's compression type to "ExtendedLZ77" in Brawlbox can save you space if that is an issue (don't change the compression type elsewhere in the file though).

If that's not the problem, make a backup of sc_selcharacter's "char_bust_tex_lz77" by exporting it. Then replace it with a default one. If that solves the problem then there is an issue in your "char_bust_tex_lz77"

And if that doesn't work, try the opposite. Import your backed-up "char-bust_tex_lz77" into a default "sc_selcharacter.pac"
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 03:51:12 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

DarkWolf4564
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 11:08:04 AM »

sorry about the late reply again, I was having internet problems... The File was 4.449 MB before compressing.

Anyways, I used the Brawlex Template sc_selcharacter.pac. Then I added a few (4) more MiscData to char_bust_tex_lz77, which is for the Alloys. Compressed all of the Char_bust_tex_lz77 miscdatas into ExtendedLz77...
    The file is still too big, which is 4.456 MB, Is there anything else I can do?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 04:21:18 AM »

You could try the unstable BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x on the Brawlex thread. It reads data from a different location than char_bust_tex_lz77 (replace your modified char_bus_tex_lz77 with a default one to save space if you do this). The trade-off is that the CSS will significantly lag when selecting a new portrait but you can have much higher resolution images (up to 250KB per cs_tex### entry). See the documentation in the download for more information.

The alternative is to switch your images to CMPR format in Brawlbox and reduce your image size until you're under the limit.

Post Merge: June 20, 2016, 04:27:35 AM
    Also, further compressing miscdata has caused issues for me in the past if they weren't previously compressed. I haven't looked into it in great detail but I would only change sc_selcharacter_en's compression type to "ExtendedLZ77" (don't change the compression type elsewhere in the file until you have it working again).
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:27:35 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

DarkWolf4564
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 02:20:48 AM »

Well, this is awkward... I don't even have my stuff yet... I kinda moved, so I'm still waiting on my computer. Which means I can't do anything until I can get my computer back.  Im srs here Undecided

(I kinda lied, I'm just visiting my dad's for a month, I just forgot to bring my computer. AKA laptop...)
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:22:14 AM by DarkWolf4564 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: