Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glitch With Retexture  (Read 6442 times)
Aron
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:32:30 AM »

So I was doing some random retextures and came across this weird glitch.

So here's the texture I changed:

(Ignore my terrible retexture, I'm not good with a mouse on Paint.net)

And this is what happens in-game:

Notice how the shoes are transparent

How can this be fixed?

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »

This is because the white part of the shoes does not have any Env textures, whereas the red part does; so, to fix it, there are two ways to do it:

Option 1(Highly recommended) - Change the OpaMaterial of polygon0 to BodyNormal; this will simply remove the reflections of the shoes entirely, so if you move the camera, there won't be a reflection following the camera.

Option 2(This option is most recommended if you know what you're doing; I'd recommend BB .71 for this, as I've had issues with Material and Polygon Deletion with other versions) - Go into the polygons folder and delete the objects polygon0 and polygon5, and select yes if it pops up with any dialogue boxes. Delete the ShoesEnv and ShoesRingEnv Materials. Now open it up in BB .76b, open the model up in the preview window, and only show the polygon2. Drag-select the shoes parts and go to Weight Mode and edit it to 100% effecting only one bone(I'd recommend the RFootJ or LFootJ bone). Now scale this down to almost invisible, and vertex it to the side. Now enable the other polygons, re-select the shoes parts that you just re-weighted and vertexed, and vertex them to the location of inside a part of Sonic that is affected entirely(Or almost entirely) by the bone that you re-weighted it to.(In this example, you'd vertex it inside of the base of the shoe) Now in an un-edited Sonic model, export the model, and open it up in a program like 3DS Max, Blender, or something like that, delete everything but the shoes, and then combine them into using only one material.(In Blender, you'd use Ctrl+J); now import that model rigged over a Sonic model, replacing it, and then, usingBrawlBox .71, use the Import New Object and import the shoes. If you use Blender to import, you'll most likely have to both vertex it and weight it in BrawlBox, unless you know something I don't about Blender importing.

Option 3(I'd recommend BB .71 for this, as I've had issues with Material editing with other versions) - Export the ShoesEnv Material, then Replace the BodyNormal Material with the one that you just exported. And I don't mean exporting FitSonicBody or FitSonicEnv03, I mean exporting the ShoesEnv and replacing the BodyNormal before expanding the Materials. Do the same thing with replacing the HeadNormal and Mouth Materials with ShoesEnv. Now expand both the HeadNormal and Mouth Materials, and in the box on the right, where it says "FitSonicBody", use the dropdown to change it to "FitSonicHead". All of this will make the entire model to use the reflection on the shoes(With the exception of the fur), including the skin, which is why it is highly UNrecommended to do this option.

Aron
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:49:06 PM »

This is because the white part of the shoes does not have any Env textures, whereas the red part does; so, to fix it, there are two ways to do it:

Option 1(Highly recommended) - Change the OpaMaterial of polygon0 to BodyNormal; this will simply remove the reflections of the shoes entirely, so if you move the camera, there won't be a reflection following the camera.

Option 2(This option is most recommended if you know what you're doing; I'd recommend BB .71 for this, as I've had issues with Material and Polygon Deletion with other versions) - Go into the polygons folder and delete the objects polygon0 and polygon5, and select yes if it pops up with any dialogue boxes. Delete the ShoesEnv and ShoesRingEnv Materials. Now open it up in BB .76b, open the model up in the preview window, and only show the polygon2. Drag-select the shoes parts and go to Weight Mode and edit it to 100% effecting only one bone(I'd recommend the RFootJ or LFootJ bone). Now scale this down to almost invisible, and vertex it to the side. Now enable the other polygons, re-select the shoes parts that you just re-weighted and vertexed, and vertex them to the location of inside a part of Sonic that is affected entirely(Or almost entirely) by the bone that you re-weighted it to.(In this example, you'd vertex it inside of the base of the shoe) Now in an un-edited Sonic model, export the model, and open it up in a program like 3DS Max, Blender, or something like that, delete everything but the shoes, and then combine them into using only one material.(In Blender, you'd use Ctrl+J); now import that model rigged over a Sonic model, replacing it, and then, usingBrawlBox .71, use the Import New Object and import the shoes. If you use Blender to import, you'll most likely have to both vertex it and weight it in BrawlBox, unless you know something I don't about Blender importing.

Option 3(I'd recommend BB .71 for this, as I've had issues with Material editing with other versions) - Export the ShoesEnv Material, then Replace the BodyNormal Material with the one that you just exported. And I don't mean exporting FitSonicBody or FitSonicEnv03, I mean exporting the ShoesEnv and replacing the BodyNormal before expanding the Materials. Do the same thing with replacing the HeadNormal and Mouth Materials with ShoesEnv. Now expand both the HeadNormal and Mouth Materials, and in the box on the right, where it says "FitSonicBody", use the dropdown to change it to "FitSonicHead". All of this will make the entire model to use the reflection on the shoes(With the exception of the fur), including the skin, which is why it is highly UNrecommended to do this option.

How can I do option 1?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:29:28 AM »

In BrawlBox, expand the MDL0, expand the Objects folder, and then select polygon0. In the box on the right, there should be somewhere in the list OpaMaterial. In that dropdown, change it to BodyNormal.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: