Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: {SOLVED} My Wii won't read my SD Card anymore!  (Read 3670 times)
Daveybird
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:49:02 AM »

Okay, so today, my old laptop randomly quit reading my SD Card, and my Wii did about a couple of hours later. My new laptop has no problem with it. I reformatted it. Is it supposed to be FAT32? The only thing I think might be the cause is that I broke the socket in my SD Card slot., which I don't think is the case, I never push too hard. Anyone got any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:26:18 PM by Daveybird » Logged

itsjojotime
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:30:43 PM »

Yeah, you are supposed to format it to FAT32. If you still can't get it to work after that, I might try getting a new SD card. I've had this issue before, and I've been able to fix it by either formatting it or buying a new one.

Daveybird
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:55 PM »

Yeah, you are supposed to format it to FAT32. If you still can't get it to work after that, I might try getting a new SD card. I've had this issue before, and I've been able to fix it by either formatting it or buying a new one.

I'm gonna get out a PayPal MyCash Card probably tomorrow so I can buy a few 2GB SD Cards for my Wii, sucks that I have to LetterBomb it again, since I factory reset it, and possibly another Wii, used from Super Mega Replay, a local Electronics resale store. That way, we can definitely determine if it's a console problem or an SD Card problem. Old Wiis at Super Mega Replay cost $49.99, not much for a previous-gen system. Nintendo pretty much prevented us from having any fun with the Wii Mini or hacking it. No SD Card support, no Internet support, I don't think they have GameCube controller slots either, so Brawl would probably suck on it IMO.

Update: Unfortunately, I had to buy a new Wii. I bought three 2GB SD Cards from Super Mega Replay yesterday, and they worked on my old laptop, which doesn't read my initial card anyomre, but it appears that my halfway-corrupt initial SD Card confused my original Wii, and now it doesn't think an SD Card is inserted anytime, even when it is. My new Wii reads SD Cards, I Smash Stacked it, and I'm back to hacking again! Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:29:10 PM by Daveybird » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: