Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 10$ to help get joker working in P:M (FIXED)  (Read 1999 times)
Symbiote13
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:39:22 PM »

In advance: I'm sorry if making paypal deals isn't allowed here (although I saw a few other threads doing this)

I really, really, would like to play as jokekids joker over snake in P:M (3.0), here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8b89o2kmg9f3k2q/FitSnake04%28joker%29.pcs

In P:M it just freezes on stage selection. Literally everything else I've managed to get working; but no matter what I try, I can't get this to work! If anyone would like to help me out, bless your soul and THANK YOU. I got 10$ to throw at ya!

Thanks guys <3
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:13:57 AM by Symbiote13 » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »

It's because of filesize; regular Snake's .pcs files are all less than 600 KB, and I would recommend going no more than 577; possibly less. You can lower filesize by exporting the textures, lowering the texture resolution in MS Paint, and replacing the textures with those lower-res textures; preview the model, though, just to make sure that it doesn't look crappy. No money needed. Smiley

Symbiote13
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 08:03:55 PM »

It's because of filesize; regular Snake's .pcs files are all less than 600 KB, and I would recommend going no more than 577; possibly less. You can lower filesize by exporting the textures, lowering the texture resolution in MS Paint, and replacing the textures with those lower-res textures; preview the model, though, just to make sure that it doesn't look crappy. No money needed. Smiley

Thank you so much! You're awesome! Cheesy

I managed to get it to work in-game without freezing by exporting and reducing the texture size; tried reducing them all by 50% and 75%, but then a new problem occured... the mapping for the textures gets all buggy (He's got green on his face and purple on him and stuff, it's all everywhere because they aren't the original size.) I also tried exporting the original png files and turning them to low-quality jpg's to no avail (still froze as the pac was over 1,000kb).

It's weird because in costume manager the textures pop up on the model fine when they're resized. In-game they're just crazy though.

Do you have any tips on how to make the file size smaller without affecting the actual dimensions of the image?
    Or - preferably - resize the image but keep the textures mapped properly?
    When I resized them I just used picresize.com, which usually works in most situations and comes out very high quality.

Thanks again!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 02:31:48 PM »

To resize the image and keep the textures mapped properly, just do what I said and export the textures and re-import them back into BrawlBox after using MS Paint's Stretch/Skew button to half the dimensions. The texture editing should in no way edit the mapping of the textures.

As for making the filesize smaller without affecting the dimensions, you can export the textures, and then re-import them as CMPR(It reduces filesize like crazy, and keeps basically all the detail), but in this case, all the textures were already CMPR.

Symbiote13
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 12:13:29 AM »

Thank you so much again windhunter!  Cheesy With some outside help I've managed to fix my issue.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: