Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pokemon Trainer crashes game isssue  (Read 3705 times)
BlazingFury
Extreme Kitten

Wahderful ;)

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 11, 2016, 02:19:39 PM »

Whenever Charizard, Ivysaur, or Squirtle does not matter if either one dies or is about to get KOed the game instantly freezes they never get a chance to respawn the game just crashes. Why is this happening? I assume it could be a certain code causing the crash but what code? Is this a common problem with a certain code that I am not aware of? I already tried process of elimination with one code the pokemon infinite stamina code but it still froze and I tried deleting all texture hacks pac and pcs files for pokemon trainer the game still froze. Please help I would appreciate it Smiley

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »

What is your setup based on?
    Regular Brawl?
    Project M?
    Brawlex?
    Brawlex + Project M?
    Something else?

Also, try backing up then deleting all contents of the .../fighter/poke* files

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

BlazingFury
    Extreme Kitten

Wahderful ;)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 10:28:45 PM »

What is your setup based on?
    Regular Brawl?
    Project M?
    Brawlex?
    Brawlex + Project M?
    Something else?

Also, try backing up then deleting all contents of the .../fighter/poke* files

I have some project m hacks for a few characters and some brawex rel files for a few characters but really it is  regular brawl. I did say that I already tried deleting poke files and the game still froze.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 10:34:04 PM »

It's possible for conflicts to arise from mixing those things together. If you upload your SD card contents I can take a look in Dolphin Debug and see if that reveals anything.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

BlazingFury
    Extreme Kitten

Wahderful ;)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 12:18:55 AM »

It's possible for conflicts to arise from mixing those things together. If you upload your SD card contents I can take a look in Dolphin Debug and see if that reveals anything.

Here is my uploaded sd card

https://www.mediafire.com/?beivjvvb4h10pwx

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 12:25:39 AM »

I'll need the codes folder too. That will give me the best chance of identifying the problem.

BlazingFury
    Extreme Kitten

Wahderful ;)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 02:16:43 AM »

I'll need the codes folder too. That will give me the best chance of identifying the problem.

https://www.mediafire.com/?13m36239gq1hvu1

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 03:19:28 AM »

Your problem definitely lies within the codes folder. I swapped my code folder with yours and the problem disappeared. I have attached my .gct and the codes included in it, (test to confirm). I suspect you're either using a P:M version of a code when you shouldn't be, including a P:M fragment that's dependent on other codes, or including a code that is incompatible with the Brawlex elements. Unfortunately this means further code trial and error on your end but at least I was able to narrow your search.

Also, can I submit the files you sent me to Dolphin's issue tracker? Your setup is one of the rare cases where Dolphin does not crash where the Wii does. We're interested in investigating those problems.

The .gct that does not cause your problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/56lwfe5ly4ycp93/Troubleshooting+PT+KO+CRASH.rar

BlazingFury
    Extreme Kitten

Wahderful ;)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 09:36:29 AM »

Your problem definitely lies within the codes folder. I swapped my code folder with yours and the problem disappeared. I have attached my .gct and the codes included in it, (test to confirm). I suspect you're either using a P:M version of a code when you shouldn't be, including a P:M fragment that's dependent on other codes, or including a code that is incompatible with the Brawlex elements. Unfortunately this means further code trial and error on your end but at least I was able to narrow your search.

Also, can I submit the files you sent me to Dolphin's issue tracker? Your setup is one of the rare cases where Dolphin does not crash where the Wii does. We're interested in investigating those problems.

The .gct that does not cause your problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/56lwfe5ly4ycp93/Troubleshooting+PT+KO+CRASH.rar

What did you do to my gct exactly, what codes did you remove? Sure you can submit files to dolphin issue tracker.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 09:55:24 AM »

I didn't use your .gct. I just wanted to make sure you were looking in the right place. Since my gct worked fine with your Pokémon Trainer, your /private file setup and naming is fine. I included a .txt of my codes in the previous download too so you can see what I used. Try disabling your codes one at a time (except the file patch code) until the problem disappears.

Post Merge: June 14, 2016, 12:14:05 AM
    If you're curious about the Dolphin issue it is explained here: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9595
    Update: Dolphin now throws panic messages at the appropriate times.
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:53:46 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: