Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pose Swapping?  (Read 7022 times)
tyleto
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 03, 2016, 07:08:59 PM »

I've remade an image from the SSB4 and I'm importing it to a variety of skins, although I've come across a problem.
    Textures with more or less models on them than others. I've tried to import the texture files, but that didn't work.

So I tried saving the pose an an animation, but that only resulted in this failure.

I also tried to save the preview .mdll file and replace the one inside of the other texture with it, but of course, failure.

Can I please get some help here? Any information is appreciated.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »

But what's the problem? Just "Export" the texture files from the T-posed version, and "Replace" the corresponding-named textures of the posed character with those exported textures.

tyleto
    Advanced Kitten

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 07:53:21 PM »

I'm pretty sure you know what Mario's textures are, and the Mr. M texture I'm using only has 4 texture slots, and those don't apply properly to my pose.

Post Merge: July 03, 2016, 08:31:46 PM
    But what's the problem? Just "Export" the texture files from the T-posed version, and "Replace" the corresponding-named textures of the posed character with those exported textures.

This is what happens when I do that.
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:31:46 PM by Tyy581 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »

Oh. Now I think I know what problem you're having. It seems like you're trying to put the Mr. M model into the other pose, right? If that is what you're trying to do, read below to know how to do that. Otherwise, let me know what I'm not understanding.

So first thing you'll want to do(This explanation uses your current example with Mr. M's model) is right-click the MDL0 of Mr. M(Where you would normally right-click to preview the model) and Export as a .mdl0 file. Now open up your posed Mario model, and right-click the MDL0 and click "Import New Object"(BrawlBox v .71 is recommended for this, btw), and select your exported .mdl0 file. Make sure Base Bone and Skeleton Root say the same things, Base Skeleton is set to Merge, and Merge Both Models is UNchecked. Click Ok. Do this for each polygon.(i.e. Repeat this part, but each time, use the dropdown at the top to select a different polygon) Now export Mr. M's textures(Without changing any names) and right-click the TextureData[0] of the posed model and Import->Texture and import all of Mr. M's textures. They must have the same name. Now go ahead and expand the + of the MDL0, and open up the Objects folder, and just select the polygons that you don't need(i.e. All of the regular Mario model's polygons) and delete them by pressing Ctrl+Del and pressing Enter if it asks if you want to delete vertex nodes.

Here is a quick example I made to show what I mean. The left is a model of Groose imported over Ganondorf, to which I made some very quick bone rotations, like with your Mario model, and then the right is the model of Brawl's Ganondorf in the exact same pose.(It's only the armor because I wanted to whip this up in only a few seconds total, including the pose, and was too lazy to do all of Ganondorf)

tyleto
    Advanced Kitten

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 09:20:34 PM »

Thanks so much man, this is gonna help a ton!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 09:22:08 PM »

Sure, no problem! Sorry if it took so long for me to figure out what you meant, though.

tyleto
    Advanced Kitten

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »

Okay, I did everything you said and... This monstrosity...
    Where did I go wrong?

Post Merge: July 03, 2016, 09:40:16 PM
    Okay well actually, I went and deleted all the normal Mario's polygons, and it ended up with just Mr. M in the T-pose.

Post Merge: July 03, 2016, 09:53:50 PM
    Here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b7872a01aab7a6/Pose+and+Mr+M.rar

Post Merge: July 03, 2016, 10:32:55 PM
    bump(?
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:32:56 PM by Tyy581 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »

Ok; finished the tutorial; also uploaded a fixed version of the model, but I didn't put it into the pose for you; I only did that part because it's a rare occasion and difficult to do.

Tutorial: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77163
    Fixed Model: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qkhj7zp4xfm7slx/MrM_Mostly_Fixed.pac

Sylv
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Star Hacker Active Contributor

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 07:01:26 PM »

There's a very simpler way, I'll make a tutorial on it tomorroe

Wanna battle me in Pokémon or Sm4sh 3DS?
    Add me then! FC:0989-2835-1270
    PM me your FC after adding me!

tyleto
    Advanced Kitten

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »

Well thank both of you in anyways, I was able to really explore BrawlBox a lot more with the help of you guys and get a better understanding of what I'm doing. I will check out both tutorials anyhow, because I would like to know different methods of how to do certain things, ya never know when I could stumble across a problem.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: