Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Copying a Model to a Specific Pose  (Read 4474 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 05, 2016, 05:34:20 PM »

So, an important note before this tutorial begins, I did NOT create the Mr. M model or anything; it is just what I'm using as an example for this tutorial.

Another important note is that the nose problem, I didn't notice it at first, and was too lazy to fix, and the right-clicks are not shown in the pics, only for left-clicks.(Most of the circles are left-clicks, though some circles are notes)

There are three models that are used for this tutorial:

Brawl Mario's Model
    Brawl Mario's Model, with messed-up textures(Just because I was too lazy to switch it back to the regular textures and everything)
    A Model of Mr. M

This is a picture tutorial, which basically covers how to take an existing model, for example, this, and put that model over another model's pose, for example, this posed model, resulting in this. Now what this can be used for, that's up to you, but since it's copying poses, it would likely be used primarily for portraits, but I can't guarantee that.

So anyways, the above spoiler is the general tutorial, and the below spoiler is the mini-tutorial, for if the model is glitchy after porting.(See pic in general tutorial for more info on what I mean)

Required Materials:

BrawlBox .76 or later
    BrawlBox .71

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:41:22 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

tyleto
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »

I wasn't expecting this to be such a long process, heheh. Still, was pretty well explained and I'm sure I would be able to do it if I didn't already have another way. Hope this can help someone else though!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:52:23 PM »

If the other way is copying the rotation and translations of the bones, yeah, that would make it so you'd not have to do the mini-tutorial for glitched models, and it'd be better for if the pose is only a few bones rotated and/or translated, but this saves time ordinarily. However, I think I might (Not right now, but in the future) create a tutorial about how to do it that way, and attach it to this topic. Is that the way you were thinking of?

tyleto
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 02:54:45 PM »

All I did was copy my pose in the .mdl0 file and paste it to a new .chr0 file, then I exported that file and imported it into the Mr. M brres.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: