Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fierce Deity Link Moveset not working with a Oot Model (Solved)  (Read 1369 times)
LinkTahuterasuSpirit
Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 12, 2016, 06:22:02 AM »

ok so im working on a smash project and im using this moveset of Fierce Deity Link http://www.mediafire.com/?2fam12rh7jsy4 and im trying to use this model with it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iyjtot8b5erh1r8/AADrWhQ2wZVKOF-9t91LvjVEa?dl=0 though the game crashes at the character select or the stage select if im fast enough this seems to happen with any model thats used the PM Oot Link model as a base, does anyone know how to fix this? im at a right now as to how to fix it, please help
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:34:23 AM by LinkTahuterasuSpirit » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 09:12:37 AM »

The bone trees have the same number of bones and I think the hierarchies are identical. The problem is most likely the size of the model not included in the moveset download. You can try reducing the texture sizes but that model may still be too large. If that fails optimization and re-rigging in a 3d modeling program will be needed.
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:14:46 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »

The bone trees have the same number of bones and I think the hierarchies are identical. The problem is most likely the size of the model not included in the moveset download. You can try reducing the texture sizes but that model may still be too large. If that fails optimization and re-rigging in a 3d modeling program will be needed.
    unfortinatly i cant do re riging my self becuse blender is hard to use with brawlbox and i cant get 3dsmax on my computer (it's 32bit). and it's strange because any model made with Brawl Link works fine no crashes it's only Models made with PM Oot Link ill try optimizing the textures and the Meshes to see if that works

Post Merge: July 12, 2016, 10:33:42 AM
    yes got it to work, after optimizing the meshes and the textures only well it didnt crash persay it seemed to soft lock so the music was still playing, but i checked the models that came with the moveset and they had a compreshion level, so i applied the same compretion level to the model i wanted to use and it works, so that was the problem the PM Oot models and mods of those models arnt compressed so it didnt work with the moveset. thanks @Ebola16 for the help
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:33:42 AM by LinkTahuterasuSpirit » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: