Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 134 135 136 [137]
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 696971 times)
Mortimer
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2040 on: May 19, 2018, 09:12:44 PM »

I found interesting how you combined those effects.  Smiley Too bad I don't like god characters.

For your question, you can't do that because tilts/smashes actions are coded to send you to air state whenever you leave the ground while performing them.
    In my koopa psa, I made a workaround during the attackHi4 subaction to make the character leave the ground, you can see there to make things easier. It basically uses a variable and change the action during an attack that occurs randomly, with this action being one of the special attacks actions, but it is only read when the action is triggered during the up smash. In this action, you can code your own physics if you have to.
    It works, but perhaps you can do that with action overrides nowadays, I didn't have this option back then. But I don't know how they work, so far I never needed them.

crett
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2041 on: May 28, 2018, 01:44:46 PM »

thanks, that's really helpful. i had a feeling i might've had to resort to switching to another action or something.

and agreed on god characters, it's not like i even plan on really using this character once he's finished, so i'm confused?? on why im so motivated to finish it?

in any case, that only leaves me with the issue of removing metaknight's multijump, and finding a way to hit multiple times in one frame (i consider dealing more than 1 damage cheating in this character's case)

i'll return when i figure it out!
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:46:26 PM by crett » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2042 on: May 28, 2018, 03:32:17 PM »

I think you should do whatever you want. If you're happy with your work, that's what is important.
    The multi jump, at least king dedede, each jump subaction had a bit set that allowed him to jump one more time. Removing those bits also prevents the next jump from occuring.

Pages:  1 ... 134 135 136 [137]
    Print
    Jump to: