Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the best way to use hacks on an emulator?  (Read 1964 times)
HEY_IT_IS_ME
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 02, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »

Currently I am rebuilding the ISO with whatever hacks I want to be put in the game, but this has it's limitations. The most important of which is that, to my knowledge, I can't use custom css's and stage selects. Also, a lot of gecko codes don't function correctly when I use them with brawl builder.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

The way I do it is I use WiiScrubber, load the ISO, and then replace individual files; it's extremely slow if you're replacing a massive amount of files, but the only real limits to it are that you can't use Gecko codes, BrawlEx, or anything that wouldn't be an original file but edited.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 12:59:42 AM »

The way I do it is I use WiiScrubber, load the ISO, and then replace individual files; it's extremely slow if you're replacing a massive amount of files, but the only real limits to it are that you can't use Gecko codes, BrawlEx, or anything that wouldn't be an original file but edited.

Actually depends on what you are doing. if you have under 2 gigs of hacks you can create a virtual SD.raw image file. drop it in /users/wii/SD.Raw. under settings make sure that the SD setting is checked. you can then run it just like a 2 gig SD in the wii. (dolphin is hard coded to only read that much)

If you have more files then 2gigs you will need to edit the ISO to add them in. i believe there are a few tools that replace the outdated wiiscrubber. like wiims ISO tool, or partitionbuilder 1.1 (i think thats the right version) can rebuild an ISO faster.

HEY_IT_IS_ME
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 07:04:51 AM »

Actually depends on what you are doing. if you have under 2 gigs of hacks you can create a virtual SD.raw image file. drop it in /users/wii/SD.Raw. under settings make sure that the SD setting is checked. you can then run it just like a 2 gig SD in the wii. (dolphin is hard coded to only read that much)

If you have more files then 2gigs you will need to edit the ISO to add them in. i believe there are a few tools that replace the outdated wiiscrubber. like wiims ISO tool, or partitionbuilder 1.1 (i think thats the right version) can rebuild an ISO faster.

Currently I am using Brawl Builder, but I think I will start using a custom sd card. Thanks

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: