Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stage Select Screen no longer loading  (Read 1652 times)
Bad Box Art Mega Man
Keeper of the Gaming Universe
Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 02, 2016, 01:43:46 PM »

i can no longer get to stage selection in my Brawl Minus.

after i select the characters and press 'start', it remains in the "Loading Stage Select Screen" phase. worst of all, it isn't freezing! that may sound better, but now i can't pinpoint the problem. i've tried changing remote batteries, changing remote types, getting my disk cleaned; nothing's working!
    it all started after i changed a few character portraits for one of Ike's alts. i went back to double check their size and format, and they all check out.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:41:03 PM »

Replace them with some generic Brawl Minus Ike portraits, and see if it still doesn't work. Because I had an issue with a specific version of Project M(don't remember which version, but it was only with one specific version; the others worked fine) where it was extremely picky about the actual amount of KB of the portrait, and it would not load stage selection if the portrait was under and/or over a specific amount of KB, so I had to accomodate by deleting parts of the portrait or adding dots to it in order to make it the same amount of KB in filesize. But first, test if it is the portraits causing the problem, and if it is, this is likely the case.

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

Popping in here and there.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »

Have you tried running just normal Brawl? If you're able to enter the Stage Selection screen through normal Brawl, then it has to be something within your SD card. Also, if you downloaded any alternate costumes over Ike besides changing his portraits, be sure to check with that as well.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: