Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)  (Read 174114 times)
Ghoti
Advanced Kitten

'Ello gov'nor.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »

Updated the original post with Ghoti's Record ID glitch finding:

I edited my post on the BrawlEx thread with more details. It looks like a really simple fix, so I hope someone would either be willing to do so or point me to the function I need to modify!

"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 02:05:28 PM »

I knew I was forgetting something. A lot of these codes are for PmEx but there is very useful code related information here: Pyotrluzhin's Lab

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 01:51:49 AM »

GLITCH Kirby Spy costume crashes
    Using Kirby's Spy costume slot outside of Clear brawl can cause crashes relating to the copy ability, even if it is replaced with another model. Dark and Fake costumes do not have this problem.

After a few matches (2-4) in a row where Spy costume Kirby copies an ability, there is a high chance that Brawl will freeze when trying to start the next match with Kirby. Dolphin logs indicate the crash occurs shortly after beginning to create Kirby's fighter instance.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: December 01, 2016, 01:55:31 AM »

I noticed that the ASRL Flat Zone 2 .rel issue was solved in secretchaos1's Smash Bros. Infinite.
    The value for Flat Zone 2's ASCII identifier is 0x47570E50 in "ASRL - Stages" and 0x47570E52 in "ASRL - Modules"
    To my knowledge, this is the only stage that has different ASCII identifiers for the same stage within the ASRL.

Original post has been updated.

Post Merge: December 02, 2016, 09:00:52 PM
    Outdated Brawl WIT-modified file size limit? (Needs more testing)
    WIT has the ability to increase the size of an .iso. There may be a limit to this however.  My primary .iso is at 7.59GB and has no problems. I tried integrating my fighter folder into the .iso which increased the filesize to 9.12GB.
    After increasing the .iso to 9.12 GB, Dolphin fails to open boot.pac.
    « Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:51:45 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: December 10, 2016, 12:23:54 AM »

The next Brawlbox update will allow batch .pcs <-> .pac conversion. This is useful for experimenting with space saving methods.
    https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/issues/92

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: December 27, 2016, 12:25:34 AM »

Outdated More WIT Research:

Brawl WIT-modified file size limit? (Needs more testing)
    WIT has the ability to increase the size of an .iso. There may be a limit to this however somewhere between 9,548,640 and 9,603,872 KB (I'm on Windows so 1KB=1024 Bytes). Once the limit is passed, Dolphin fails to open common*.pac or boot.pac for unknown reasons.

Additionally, the limit of a .wbfs file compiled by WIT (for USB loading) appears to be lower than that. WIT will fail to compile the .wbfs and complain about the WBFS limit. It'd be helpful if the WBFS limit was defined somewhere...

Practical application: Every character will need a .pac and .pcs file for P:M All-star mode as they are now treated as transforming characters. At 100 movesets with almost 15 costumes each, having the .pac and .pcs files for every costume isn't feasible without SDHC support (which Dolphin lacks). I was hoping to transfer my entire fighter folder to my .iso but it appears to be too large (custom music also takes up a lot of .iso space and my dummy files have been deleted).
    « Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:36:06 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: December 28, 2016, 08:10:48 PM »

wouldn't it be easier to go with something like what mr bean did to riivo?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: December 31, 2016, 12:13:31 AM »

wouldn't it be easier to go with something like what mr bean did to riivo?
    It's been awhile since I looked at riivo but has anyone successfully loaded Brawlex using it? I'd like to look into it in the future but it seems like a lot of testing still needs to be done.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: December 31, 2016, 04:34:33 PM »

yes
    I heard its been done somewhere
    but the thing about riivo is that it requires the physical game
    mr bean did some edits to the code tha u can actually make an iso out of his riivo build plus the game

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: December 31, 2016, 11:51:31 PM »

Alright, riivo would be useful for dealing with menu .pac limits but the .iso size limit is still going to be an issue for a filled Brawlex setup (even with dummy files removed).
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:16:37 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: February 07, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »

An update on the 105 CSS slot 105 moveset CSS (still requires more research to work though):

My next idea is to isolate and remove the CSSRoster.dat dependency from BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x's sora_menu_sel_char.rel so the custom random and custom css codes can be used once again with Brawlex for loading more than 100 CSS slots. This is not going well however.

At least PhantomWings told us what changes were made for alt CSP loading in BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x. PhantomWing's posts are helpful for learning how to edit modules.
    The external CSP loader more or less stands as it's own unit inside sora_menu_sel_char.rel (Common3's MiscData[13].rel file). The only reason it's paired up with the CSS Roster Expansion is that their hook points both happen to be in there.

I'm pretty booked for this coming weekend and the next, so I don't think I'll be able to help you any time soon, but if you'd like to look into it yourself, you can take a look at the module in Resources\Common3 of the 2.0.0.x package and try to extract the changes yourself. There are 3 things that you'll need to copy out from the module into a vanilla sora_menu_sel_char.rel module. The hook is at section[1] 0x1109C while the corresponding hook routine is at section[7] 0x0. There's also a directory string at section[5] 0xE40 that you'll need to copy and/or change depending on where you want to load from.

Best of luck.

HyperHandCRazy
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: April 10, 2017, 11:31:52 AM »

Has anything new been found out or done with 105 slots recently?

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: May 04, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »

Has anyone tried using the Shared CSP Data method on Stock Icons yet? Would it work or do stock icons have to be CI4 all the time?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: May 07, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »

Has anything new been found out or done with 105 slots recently?
    No

Has anyone tried using the Shared CSP Data method on Stock Icons yet? Would it work or do stock icons have to be CI4 all the time?
    I haven't tried using this method myself but I know LXP does this. You can look in their sc_selcharacter.pac to see what they did.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: June 01, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »

Wiimms ISO Tools (WIT) modified ISO file size limit
    WIT has the ability to increase the size of an .iso. There is a limitation to this however. As explaind by Wiimms on gbatemp:

"There is at least one limit:
    The H3 checksum area is limited (always constant 0x18000 (=98304) bytes). So it can hold 4915 checksums. This limits a partition to 9.,5 GiB.
    I never tested, if a larger H3 is possible.

details (I wrote it in german): https://wiiki.wii-homebrew.com/Wii-Image#Verschl.C3.BCsselung_und_Pr.C3.BCfsummen "

Practical application: Every character will need a .pac and .pcs file for P:M All-star mode as they are now treated as transforming characters. At 100 movesets with almost 15 costumes each, having the .pac and .pcs files for every costume isn't feasible without SDHC support (which Dolphin lacks). I was hoping to transfer my entire fighter folder to my .iso but it appears to be too large (custom music also takes up a lot of .iso space and my dummy files have been deleted).

The discussion of this occurred here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wwt-wit-wiimms-wbfs-iso-tools.182236/page-91#post-7360939

On a different note, the batch conversion brawlbox plugins that the Brawlbox developers and I worked on will soon be available, although if you're impatient the plugins can be found on the Brawltools GitHub page:
    Batch Convert (LZ77 compression to ExtendedLZ77)
    Batch Convert (pac to pcs)
    Batch Convert (pcs to pac)
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:13:58 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
    Print
    Jump to: