Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)  (Read 174137 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: August 06, 2017, 08:03:46 PM »

Dolphin Emulator has finally gained SDHC compatibility! https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/84ecc0ecc9cf9acf355dbfbd7b15032ffffaa9eb/

Don't forget to use the SDHC Extension 1.1 code when using SDHC.

This will be essential for modifications that require more space later on in Dolphin.
    Dolphin emulator will begin throwing read errors if the virtual SD card contains more than ~1.95 GB of data is history!

The Batch convert (pcs to pac) plugin will be useful for people who removed .pac files to save space for Dolphin. These .pac files are used for transforming characters, classic mode, Project M's All-Star mode, etc.

Post Merge: August 06, 2017, 09:00:30 PM
    Also, 4GB (or larger) virtual SD for Dolphin usage can be useful now!
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:51:17 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: August 11, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »

yes need a hd character selection screen

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: September 08, 2017, 05:03:16 AM »

JOJI's website (Japanese language, English translation is coming soon) is a treasure trove of Brawlex relevant codes. Especially the engines that have tutorials mentioned below. Thanks to Lillith for making me realize the site is still being updated with new content.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:58:47 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: November 11, 2017, 10:39:05 AM »

I haven't tested this personally yet since I don't use Wifi.
    Wow it's been a while..

Well, anyways on to the point of this post. It's recently come to my attention that the CSS expansion wouldn't work on Wifi. (crash upon making a room). KingJigglyPuff came to me about this some time ago and i finally was able to get to it and fix the issue.

If anybody is interested, the only file you need to replace is MiscData[13] in common3.pac (in newer BBox versions it's named sora_menu_sel_char). Replace that with the one here to fix the wifi issues (PMEx version)

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: November 11, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »

I've personally tested it prior to Sammi's posting, and I can confirm it works.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: November 11, 2017, 04:31:05 PM »

I've personally tested it prior to Sammi's posting, and I can confirm it works.
    Good enough for me, thanks!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: January 12, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »

Updated to latest Sammi Husky fix:

CSS Expansion, homerun, multiman Wifi fix:
    Another update for CSS Expansion stuff; Same process as before, just replace the sora_menu_sel_char or miscData[13] in common3 with this and you will be able to use homerun contest and multiman brawl with CSS Expansion in Wiimmfii

Vanilla
    PMEx
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:34:05 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: February 08, 2018, 02:23:38 AM »

Soon this code will be used frequently with Brawlex so I should add this here:

I'm fairly confident that SoundBank Expansion System (RSBE.Ver) [JOJI] depends on smashbros_sound.brsar to be at a certain offset on Brawl's ISO. The code won't work for people who recompile their ISO with WIT from an extracted filesystem or use working around Brawlex's Final Smash Music glitch.

Post Merge: February 08, 2018, 04:37:47 PM
    Soon this code will be used frequently with Brawlex so I should add this here:

Speaking of JOJI's code, there's a bit of a game-breaking flaw with it. If you use an Expansion SFX ID for a Fighter's Blast Zone KO cries, the game will crash upon being Kirbycided/Dededecided.

Codes (no KC-MM nor SmashBoards profile) has came up with a fix for said issue, but due to JOJI's policy on wanting permission to distribute codes, Codes has sent him a PM with the fix. Though so far, there's been no reply from JOJI.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:15:17 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: March 21, 2018, 11:36:36 PM »

Not exactly new news but this is worth adding to the original post:

The Tracklist Modifier v1.0 code causes Brawlex mods to freeze if a player backs out to the start screen and then pushes start again due to "Can't Alloc Heap Buffer." Use Song Forcer Codes or Tracklist Modifer [standardtoaster] instead.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: January 15, 2019, 04:33:19 AM »

JOJI has been busy! Their website has some very useful codes! They ask that their codes not be posted on other websites.

Some example codes:
    BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition allows for 242 moveset slots and their associated cosmetic data! See this for an example.

The SoundBank Expansion System and Hitbox Sound Effect Change System got bug fixes!

And BrawlEx Clone Engine Final Smash Music Fix (RSBE.Ver) actually works with the SoundBank Expansion System enabled!

This means "105 moveset CSS (still requires more research to work though)" is obsolete:
    Minor Brawlex improvement!

My pack is not publicly released since there would be too many people to credit and it contains experimental features

Brawlex can now hold up to 105 slots in the CSS! (Previously 100)
    New Limitation if this is used:
    Using this modification without unlocking all characters in Brawl will likely cause a crash.

Unfortunately CSSRoster.dat seems hardcoded to only accept 100 slots. Brawlex ignored the added slots after adding them via a hex editor. Well at least this covers the CSS portion of getting to 105 slots. Here are the files (use the two included files to replace the ones in sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData30): http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa2twu2d78eajh2/CSS+105+slots.rar

My next idea is to isolate and remove the CSSRoster.dat dependency from BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x's sora_menu_sel_char.rel so the custom random and custom css codes can be used once again with Brawlex for loading more than 100 CSS slots. This is not going well however.

At least PhantomWings told us what changes were made for alt CSP loading in BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x. PhantomWing's posts are helpful for learning how to edit modules.
    The external CSP loader more or less stands as it's own unit inside sora_menu_sel_char.rel (Common3's MiscData[13].rel file). The only reason it's paired up with the CSS Roster Expansion is that their hook points both happen to be in there.

I'm pretty booked for this coming weekend and the next, so I don't think I'll be able to help you any time soon, but if you'd like to look into it yourself, you can take a look at the module in ResourcesCommon3 of the 2.0.0.x package and try to extract the changes yourself. There are 3 things that you'll need to copy out from the module into a vanilla sora_menu_sel_char.rel module. The hook is at section[1] 0x1109C while the corresponding hook routine is at section[7] 0x0. There's also a directory string at section[5] 0xE40 that you'll need to copy and/or change depending on where you want to load from.

Best of luck.

And "GLITCH WORKAROUND - Using the BX CSS Roster Expansion will prevent Final Smash music for Luigi, Peach, and Dedede from playing" is obsolete:
    We finally have a workaround for the "Using the BX CSS Roster Expansion will prevent Final Smash music for Luigi, Peach, and Dedede from playing" glitch although it's not ideal.

Final smash music is stored as seq instead of the normal strm type in smashbros_sound.brsar. Brawlex's CSS Roster Expansion allows other seq files to play properly (like the Starman music) but not final smash music. Diddy Kong made the enable SEQ hacking - SEQ music bypass hack which solves this problem. It is possible to change the seq references to a strm file in smashbros_sound.brsar with Brawlbox and a little hex editing. He also wrote a nice guide for making these kind of changes: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-change-the-item-jingles-in-brawl-not-that-this-community-gives-a.349060/

Conveniently, Smash Custom Music already has the final smash brstms (although you now have the ability to chose whatever .brstm you want)!
    Dedede: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/24019
    Peach: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/24017
    Donkey Kong: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/24018
    Luigi: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/24016

Some important things I want to emphasize:
    1. You'll need to replace your .iso's smashbros_sound.brsar with an edited one (preferred), use File Patch Code 4.1 or above (possibly unstable), or use Riivolution.
    2. Replacing the final smash brstm files with ones already in Brawl will use up some of your space for music.
    3. I had one PSA (Flame Orbitar Pit) play Donkey Kong's Final Smash music after making this edit so I changed the PSA to fix the inappropriate sound.

See the SEQ music bypass hack information on the Brawl Vault download page for more benefits and drawbacks. You can manually edit the .brsar if you want to do things differently than Diddy Kong.

Note: Probably incompatible with SoundBank Expansion System (RSBE.Ver) [JOJI]

Post Merge: January 15, 2019, 04:57:25 AM
    Duplicating my BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) [JOJI] notes here:
    Thanks for posting Lillith! I previously used the unstable BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x anyway so this is perfect for me! I can confirm the character select screen (CSS) portion of BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) works with both a real Wii and Dolphin. In my current setup shown below, I am able to use 101 CSS slots!

Important notes regarding BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver):

1. This is based on BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x and has its limitations. There will be significant lag on real Wiis when loading character selection portraits. This problem is minor on Dolphin Emulator though.

2. There are 2 versions of bx_fighter.rel included in the download on JOJI's website. One is for using special characters (ex. Warioman) and the other does not use them. I haven't tested the special character version but it seems to modify some of the incomplete slots for characters not included in the final roster. This can cause problems if you've already repurposed those slots with elevated config files. The non-special character version had no problem with my elevated config files.

3. Now that a large number of movesets can be used in Brawl, there isn't much room for character names announced by the announcer. I've already replaced all of the Wiimote SFX and some unused sounds for 100 announcer names. I foresaw running out of space so I decided to remove them. I did this by redirecting or replacing the announcer names, "The Winner Is..", and team color names with blank audio files. I plan on seeing if the SoundBank Expansion System v1.4 works with announcer names in the future.

4. The "Ready to fight" bar is definitely in the way now so you may want to check out How to move the "Ready to Fight" bar offscreen

5. If you plan on using the Fake slot for characters, the corrupted path bug is still around but the path has changed:

* Bowser - for some reason Bowser is unaffected by this bug. The Fake slot works as expected.

* Mr. Game and Watch - Rename your .pcs to FitFighterEDEx.pac
    The extension change is important. Brawlex expects a .pcs named as a .pac
    Place FitFighterEDEx.pac in ...\fighter\Gamewatch\FitGameWatchfightereeex\FitFighterEEEx.pacfighteredex
    If you care about transforming or P:M All-star mode, place the normal Fake .pcs AND .pac in their expected locations too.

* All other characters - Rename your .pcs to FitFighterEDEx.pac
    The extension change is important. Brawlex expects a .pcs named as a .pac
    Place FitFighterEDEx.pac in ...\fighter\*\Fit*Fakefighteredex
    Replace * with the character's name.
    If you care about transforming or P:M All-star mode, place the normal Fake .pcs AND .pac in their expected locations too.

Images (The sideways names are an experiment unrelated to Brawlex. I wanted to include names without obscuring images. I simply changed sc.selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> 3DModels -> MenSelchrCname4_TopN -> Bones -> MenSelchrCname4_TopN -> nameNEn's rotation to (0,0,-90) and translation to (8.5,2,-0.3)).

Max potential slots adapted to my setup:

Current setup (101 moveset slots exceeds the previous max of 100 moveset slots!):

I'm liking what I see so far and this is going to be my new default setup!

Post Merge: January 15, 2019, 05:02:08 AM
    And I keep losing this so added to OP: Official font for CSP Names
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:39:54 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: January 23, 2019, 04:06:52 PM »

BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) is based on BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x. It's worth repeating this limitation in the original post:

Important notes regarding BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver):

1. This is based on BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x and has its limitations. There will be significant lag on real Wiis when loading character selection portraits. This problem is minor on Dolphin Emulator though.

Post Merge: January 23, 2019, 04:18:37 PM
    ...and typo in BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver)'s fake slot alt paths. Fixed, sorry.
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:18:37 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: February 09, 2019, 09:35:23 PM »

It's impressive how this clone engine has advanced since it was first released.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: February 22, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »

I believe that All star VS Beta 10.01d [wiiztec] won't work with BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition  Cry

Post Merge: February 23, 2019, 03:05:05 AM
    [Legacy TE] Always use PACs instead of PCS files [DukeItOut]
    * 0484CB40 60000000

saves a lot of space and works around Brawlex's corrupted Fake costume path bug. Fit*Fake.pac loads as expected with this code.
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:05:05 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: March 04, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »

50 Costume Code Implementation Guide is a neat modification that complements Brawlex but unfortunately is incompatible with BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition.

Also, this is obvious but it should be documented:
    BrawlEx AI Final Smash usage glitch:
    Brawlex clone AI players tend to immediately use their Final Smash when possible.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: March 04, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »

It's not exactly incompatible, but editing the v2 bx_fighter.rel is going to be tedious at best.

Though in other news, Sammi Husky's looking into fixing Co-op Single Player crashing, incomplete SSE CSS, and Wii CSS lag with CSS Expansion v2.0.0.. So far, he's gotten the first issue fixed and is looking into the other two, but I don't see the Wii CSS lag being an easy fix.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6
    Print
    Jump to: