Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)  (Read 174133 times)
Tyshy
Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #75 on: May 07, 2019, 10:58:40 PM »

my roster keeps coming up blank am I missing something?

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: May 08, 2019, 11:10:38 PM »

It's not exactly incompatible, but editing the v2 bx_fighter.rel is going to be tedious at best.

Though in other news, Sammi Husky's looking into fixing Co-op Single Player crashing, incomplete SSE CSS, and Wii CSS lag with CSS Expansion v2.0.0.. So far, he's gotten the first issue fixed and is looking into the other two, but I don't see the Wii CSS lag being an easy fix.

It's incompatible in its current form and editing bx_fighter.rel is not trivial. Regardless, I look forward to those new advancements!

my roster keeps coming up blank am I missing something?

What variation of Brawlex are you using? Have you successfully loaded a roster before using Brawlex? If so, what change did you make before this problem first occurred?

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: May 09, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »

I'm glad to see that there's still people working on improvements to BrawlEx despite Sm4sh Wii U and Ultimate being out for quite a while now. Even though Brawl is an older entry, it still has untapped potential.
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:41:06 PM by Steam/SSBB Guy » Logged

DUMMY
    Brawl Vault: No Report

I still have Pokerus.

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: May 10, 2019, 01:15:14 AM »

I'm glad to see that there's still people working on improvements to BrawlEx despite Sm4sh Wii U and Ultimate being out for quite a while now. Even though Brawl is an older entry, it still has untapped potential.
    Yeah, Brawl is the most modifiable entry in the series. I've seen that Sm4sh has a few custom movesets and plenty of model imports. But I haven't seen any custom animations. Ultimate seems to be about as modifiable as Sm4sh, albeit with less mods as it hasn't been out as long. Melee seems to be very inaccessible with just some animations swaps and custom movesets. It has very little model imports. I've never seen any mods of 64, but I'm sure it'd probably be in the same place as Melee.  

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: May 10, 2019, 06:57:21 AM »

It's incompatible in its current form and editing bx_fighter.rel is not trivial.
    Yeah, my statement on that is heavily outdated. Kitsu tried implementing 50 CC for v2, but failed because of file size restrictions. So unless the memory allocation for bx_fighter can be increased, then 50 CC will never be compatible with JOJI's BrawlEx v2.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: December 19, 2019, 09:28:02 PM »

It's been a while since I posted here but it's worth mentioning AIScriptPad in the OP since some movesets have recovery issues and Brawlex builds tend to include a lot of movesets:

AIScriptPad 2.0.1 (current version at the time of writing this), which can be used for AI teleporting recovery for custom movesets based on non-teleporting characters

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Anonymous42456
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: August 01, 2020, 09:29:33 PM »

I need help with a small thing. I cloned Zelda using the 'ft_zelda alone BX v1.1' .rel, but her down B (transform) causes her to freeze in place. I'd like to remove her transform ability all together if possible. How do I do that?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: August 02, 2020, 08:24:30 PM »

I need help with a small thing. I cloned Zelda using the 'ft_zelda alone BX v1.1' .rel, but her down B (transform) causes her to freeze in place. I'd like to remove her transform ability all together if possible. How do I do that?

The Zelda-based moveset down-B attack is attempting to transform but the character likely hasn't been configured to transform, causing a freeze. You can edit the moveset of the character to replace the down-B-related code with something that doesn't involve transformation. Copying a non-transforming down-B attack from a different Zelda-based moveset can give you ideas. PSA Compressor v0.39 is a good tool for editing movesets. There are people who have worked with moveset editing more than I have so further questions are better directed to the "Attack and Animation" board or Discord.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: April 18, 2021, 02:40:00 AM »

Although not directly related to Brawlex, custom franchise icons are often used with it so I should update my findings here.

I think I found a way to quickly get decent looking custom franchise icons for the results screen, even for complex shapes. This method uses Brawlbox, 3ds Max and Photoshop / Illustrator to convert an image to vectors. I will also assume you have basic understanding on how to use the mentioned programs. It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it. I think the example shown below took 10 minutes to make. This method is a compromise between making optimized vectors and the simplicity of images.

In Brawlbox (this part only needs to be done once to obtain reference files):
    1. Export a stock franchise icon model from STGRESULT.pac as .dae to use as a reference.
    2. Export the material, shader, and color sequence (CLR) of that stock franchise icon.

In Adobe Photoshop (Skip this section if you have a .svg file and Adobe Illustrator):
    1. Import your new franchise icon image (easiest with a mono-color franchise icon on a mono-color or transparent background).
    2. Select the relevant parts of the franchise icon to identify it from the background. One method is to use the quick selection tool. Refine edges if needed.
    3. Right-click selection -> Make work path -> set the tolerance to 1.0 (adjust if needed) -> OK
    4. File -> Export -> Paths to Illustrator -> Save the resultant .ai file

If you have Adobe Illustrator and a .svg file:
    1. Open your .svg
    2. Save as a .ai file.
    3. Set the version to Illustrator 8. This is the latest version compatible with 3ds Max, as far as I can tell.

In 3ds Max:
    1. Import the reference .dae
    2. Import the .ai file. It will become an editable spline.
    3. Rotate and move the spline so it overlaps the reference and is centered on all axes.
    4. Scale the spline to match the size of the reference. May need to be larger, see asterisk at the end.
    5. Add a "Turn to poly" modifier to the spline and limit the polygon size to 3 for triangulated polygons.
    6. (Optional) Add a "ProOptimizer" modifier to reduce the number of vertices if needed. Keep in mind that this can oversimplify the shape of your franchise icon if overdone.
    7. Use the compact material editor to apply the material of the reference to the new franchise icon.
    8. Add a "Skin" modifier that includes all bones. Weigh all vertices completely to "mark4".
    9. Select your new finished franchise icon and export the selection as .dae

In Brawlbox:
    1. Use the existing MDLO and CLR filename structure to import/replace your created .dae. If adding a franchise icon rather than replacing one, import the CLR file and give it the same name.
    2. Replace the material and shader of the imported .dae with the reference material and shader.
    3. Set the imported .dae object's Draw Pass to XLU, Draw Priority to 251, and uncheck "Doesn't matter" for Draw Priority.
    4. Save and test in game.

*If your icon is too small, I manually scaled mine to the proper size. If you need to rescale, unfortunately you must delete the skin modifer, rescale, then return to step 8 of the 3ds Max portion. The resultant file can be used as the new reference in the future for properly sizing the franchise icon.

Examples: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=220285
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:17:47 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

apollos
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: August 19, 2021, 05:35:43 AM »

Hi thank's for sharing it's very nice.
    « Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 11:27:48 AM by apollos » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
    Print
    Jump to: