Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Solved] Editing Sword Ganon's PSA... his sword is stuck in the ground...  (Read 1060 times)
dusty22
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 20, 2016, 06:48:54 AM »

Background:
There's a mod on Brawl Vault called Sword Ganondorf. It's basically Project M Ganondorf except when you do Ganondorf's down taunt where he draws his sword he keeps it out and he does some of his beam sword attacks with it (down taunting again puts the sword away). It only gives you a single pac; FitGanon.

Basically what I'm trying to do is to copy this behavior to Balanced Brawl's Ganondorf. I have PSA 1.3 and I went to the down taunt, jab, f-tilt, and f-smash sub actions and copied everything over so both pac files (Sword Ganon and BB Ganon) matched completely.

Only thing is in game when you do the down taunt the sword appears at the bottom of Ganon's character model sticking straight up and stays there no matter what until you put it away again.

Where I need help:
I've tried searching all over for information on working with articles in PSA, and I'm still not understanding what the problem is exactly. At the very least I would imagine the down-taunt animation/behavior with the sword should work correctly where he takes the sword out and looks at it...

If I use the unmodified Sword Ganondorf pac file in Balanced Brawl he works fine, so I don't think the sword glitch has anything to do with me using him outside of Project M.

Any idea why the sword isn't attaching to the right-hand?

Post Merge: August 20, 2016, 06:54:11 AM
While I was making the topic, I found this forum thread by Sword Ganon's creator explaining how he made it work: http://smashboards.com/threads/eldirans-psas-n-stuff-newest-zero-1-4.245842/page-29#post-9322162

So it looks like I need to do some hex editing on the character's pac file. He gives the address of the sword article, which I need to go to in a hex editor, then I go to that address + 0x8 and fill in the value for the hand bone which he gives in the post.

I swear, everytime I put in the work to make a forum topic for something I end up learning as I make the post...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:25:40 AM by dusty22 » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: