Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawlbox file confusion  (Read 2265 times)
Ishapar
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 28, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »

If you want to change the animation of a character in Brawlbox, which file would you open up and preview?  I have been getting confused with which file to open and save.  I have recently realized that Smash Attacks only opens up the Fitcharacter.pac file; am I supposed to open the same file in Brawlbox, preview it, and load the animations to edit them? 

I am trying to change some of Sonic's animations with a couple psas from the vault, but I seem to keep messing up as I can't open them in Smash Attacks.  Am I supposed to just go with FitSonic.pac in brawlbox and stay with that file so it can be used in Smash Attacks?

Post Merge: August 28, 2016, 07:18:21 PM
Along with my former question, what file can I open in Smash Attacks?  I thought I could only open fitcharacter.pac, but there are times I can't open up a file labeled as fitcharacter.pac.  I just wanted to change some animations to Sonic and change the offense collisions in Smash Attacks, but I don't see how I can do it if I cannot open the file in Smash Attacks.

I hope I am making sense.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:18:21 PM by Ishapar » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 10:05:19 PM »

Although I don't know much about Smash Attacks, I do know that the animations themselves are in the FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac

Hope this helps.

Ishapar
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:50:35 PM »

Thanks for the response.

I figured that out too as I can view the animations in brawlbox.  I'm just trying to figure out how to change some of the animations with other psas and somehow use Smash Attacks to edit the moveset.  I have been able to edit Sonic's normal moves and attributes with Smash Attacks (I even swapped moves around too); however, I am not sure how to open a pac file that I would have saved from Brawlbox.

I'm going to try tinkering around with it tonight; maybe the solution will pop up.  Thank you though for the response.  I need to check out your vault sometime!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 07:44:19 PM »

sure, np, sorry if I couldn't help more, though; I don't currently know much about animations.

Ishapar
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »

No sweat!  I have been messing with my Sonic psa tonight, and I think I answered my own questions:  you use the fitcharacter00.pac file to preview the character (and to load the animations) while Smash Attacks needs the fitcharacter.pac file to edit the moveset.  When done with the moveset, you have to save the file as a fitcharacter.pac otherwise you will lose your data (which already happened to me, duh!).  After that, put your fitcharacter.pac and the fitcharactermotionetc.pac you changed animations with into your sd card.  Right now, I just have to fix things and work more with the two programs.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: